Print Page | Close Window

Weight Watchers

Printed From: OHbaby!
Category: Support
Forum Name: Weight Loss
Forum Description: Want to lose weight before TTC? Shed the extra kilos after baby's born? Or want to be a lean, mean fitness machine? Talk about it here.
URL: https://www.ohbaby.co.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36089
Printed Date: 08 June 2024 at 8:49am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Weight Watchers
Posted By: jazzy
Subject: Weight Watchers
Date Posted: 05 October 2010 at 8:32am
We can add point values & WW talk/stuff here as a quick reference.

I am calling them today, thinking of going back & wonder if I can start back were if left off...probably not I bet.

Online it is $89.95 which is $117 NZ for 3 months
Meeting are $17.90

To join it is $1 at the moment.

Replies:
Posted By: monikah
Date Posted: 05 October 2010 at 11:21am
i signed up this morning for WW online :)

-------------

Date Posted: 05 October 2010 at 1:41pm
I rang & they said I would have to join again but maybe able to start at the books I am up to.

monikah what do you think of it online?

Posted By: Kicker
Date Posted: 05 October 2010 at 1:45pm
I like the online WW. But i think a benefit of meetings is that you do get weighed in front of someone and that may hold you more accountable???

Apart from the weighing in thing i prefer the online version.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 October 2010 at 2:05pm
I think I need accountability again. If I start going next week then it is 11 weeks till xmas & if I work hard at it I could lose 1kg a week

Date Posted: 05 October 2010 at 4:04pm
the accountability thing isnt an issue for me so online is great. i havent had a good look around and while im looking after the kids and doing uni with DH around im mostly eating WW meals so the points database thing isnt terribly important, but it will be once i get back on my feet again. i just like knowing i have access to heaps of stuff in there.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 October 2010 at 6:25pm
I am starting meeting next week & want to do that till xmas so 11 weeks & then might look at doing it online.... I like sites like that & wish they had a Biggest Loser site here

Date Posted: 05 October 2010 at 11:10pm
I earned an extra 8.5points with my walking today, I don't intend to use my exercise points & just stick to my allowance.

Date Posted: 05 October 2010 at 11:14pm
thats what i do too. just as well cos i only just manage to eat 20 points as it is. i dont know how they expect you to fit so much in your tum. lol. i certainly could get another 5 in

-------------

Posted By: NovemberMum
Date Posted: 05 October 2010 at 11:38pm
Im on 32 (breastfeeding) although I dropped a couple of points cause my son is on solids I may drop another 2 points next depending on my loss this week. i think I would be on about 26 if I wasnt breastfeeding?

and I have a rule for myself if I want some chocolate it has to come out of my bonus points. so a 50 gram moro bar (around 5-6 points) would mean me walking approx 10-11kms hmm food for thought

-------------
http://lilypie.com">
http://lilypie.com">

Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 9:38am
I always eat my allowance I just find i am hungry hungry hunrgy but i don't (hardly ever) use my exercise points.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 9:40am
maybe im finding it so easy cos im eating WW meals. i just feel like i am eating all the blimmin time. i have a peice of toast for bfast, a muesli bar for morning tea, a wrap for lunch, a breakfast bar for afternoon tea, a WW meal for tea and then a cheesecake. lol. 3 meals and 3 snacks is insane for me. i used to have 1 toast for bfast, veggies and tuna for lunch (if that) and then something real small for tea.

-------------

Posted By: xLUCKYx
Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 9:48am
I have always used up my allowance - I am always hungry too lol. How have you found the extra eating effecting your weight loss Mon? Might be boosting your metabolism?

Posted By: DzinerGirl
Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 9:55am
I'm on 27 points with BF, was going really well - bought the new 2010 WW books, was keeping my food diary and counting points then I had a 1.1kg loss in a week and my tracking went out the window - anyone else find themselves doing that?

Have started again today though.

Did you know that you need to count some supplements for example I take fish oil capsules and didn't realise I needed to count 1/2 a point per 2 capsules - oops!

Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 10:03am
that makes sense i guess. it is oil at the end of the day.

my flatmate left her calculator here so you can work out points of non WW food but also track during the day so i find it real easy. ive been using it for just under 2 weeks and i put everything in it with no probs. i wouldnt be able to keep track without it so it lives in my bag and i always add stuff in as i am about to eat it.

my metabolism must have amped up cos im down 1.5 this week

-------------

Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 1:03pm
DzinerGirl I would never of thought to count supplements.

monikah are you eating WW meals for every meal or just dinner?

Posted By: Mucky_Tiger
Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 5:18pm
are you able to buy the points books etc without Joining WW?

Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Mucky_Tiger Mucky_Tiger wrote:

only on TM as they are members only. If you had their calculator you could work the points out & there are heaps on TM or you can buy from the online store.

Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 7:43pm
i normally end up doing WW wraps or soup for lunch and WW meals for tea. i eat whatever muesli bars and all that kind of stuff cos the points arent all that different but the WW muesli bars and breakfast bars are actually the nicest.i originally started only doing dinner but i would have 1 piece of toast for bfast, a muesli bar for lunch and then a dinner cos i was too busy or tired or whatever to bother with lunch so i decided to buy easy lunch and figured i may as well just get WW for that too

-------------

Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 8:08pm
Monikah is that the forzen wraps?? What are they like? I have looked at them but wasnt sure how they would defrost.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by jazzy jazzy wrote:

Originally posted by Mucky_Tiger Mucky_Tiger wrote:

only on TM as they are members only. If you had their calculator you could work the points out & there are heaps on TM or you can buy from the online store.

My sis and I just bought the 2010 ones off TM for $45 + pstge and we've got points calcs from the WW website as jazzy said. I also buy the WW mags as a luxury for me as they've got good recipes, meal plan examples and lots of inspiration...soo wish the Nestle products were available here though!!

Date Posted: 06 October 2010 at 9:29pm
I love the WW mags they get me fired up. I have been to WW shop in Sylvia Park & if you are a member you get discounts. I bought the new pedometer off TM it was new & got it half prise & love it, it makes me want to walk more. I want to get the calculator & the new model has a few extra features. I love gadgets

Posted By: bex88
Date Posted: 07 October 2010 at 10:21am
Ok so I have a question about points. I read somewhere that a milo is lik 4 points is this right????

-------------

http://thesimplethings-bex88.blogspot.com - Blog

Date Posted: 07 October 2010 at 11:22am
yep that's right bex 200ml made with milk is 4 points.

It doesn't specify what kind of milk though so it might work out less with trim or no milk but would have to work it out from the packet.

Ohh I didn't know there was a store at Sylvia..do they sell much? Anything foodwise different from the supermarkets?

Date Posted: 07 October 2010 at 1:12pm
yea id beleive it. milo is full of sugar and stuff but it is marketed well. since it is low GI it releases sugar slowly, but that doesnt mean it isnt packed full of sugar. advertises are very clever and most ppl dont know any better so it sells their product.

The frozen wraps are really really yum. especially the satay ones. they are quite high in points too (4 - 4.5) which helps me eat all my points for the day. lol

-------------

Posted By: ooEvaoo
Date Posted: 07 October 2010 at 1:52pm
I went to WW for 3 weeks...have stopped going as I was on placement...and have put on weight haha....but once I get back down I'll go back. Since I'm a southen cross health insurance member I got a voucher which gave me free 2010 shopping guide and eating out guide. I got a calculator as well which is super helpful with working out what the points values are and tracking. I also made up my own food diary based on the one WW provide on the first week. I have been extremely non compliant lately but I'm vowing to be 10 kilos later at christmas!! so am sticking to my guns. Very hard when everyone in the house (even those wanting to lose weight) constantly bring temptation in......but I need to stand my ground otherwise I'm never gonna get anywhere with this weight.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 October 2010 at 4:56pm
Next week Countdown/foodtown has WW meals/wraps for $4.49 300-320g...can not remember if there is a bigger size they come out in..

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net