FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedA little worried

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A little worried
    Posted: 30 June 2005 at 2:08pm
Hi ladies, just a question for you all - when your babies were going through growth spurts did they just sleep and feed all day?

The reason i ask is that today, Ayja has just been asleep constantly and a fair amount of me is thinking this is far too good to be true, and I'm worried.

She's been waking for feeds, only the same amount as usual, if not a little less, but falls asleep feeding, and stays that way (usually wakes up about 10 mins later if she does that) even a nappy change will not really wake her up for too long.. she falls back asleep after about 10 to 15 mins. She is usually so alert and fiesty, and really hard to get to sleep and to get to STAY asleep.

She has had a blocked sniffly nose since just before the weekend.. but hasn't been worrying her, today it seems little more noticable when she breathes but that's it. The other explanation i can think of is maybe it's her haemoglobin levels have dropped a bit low, which they said might happen cos of her bleed when she bumped her head. They said she might get a bit sleepy and breathe faster etc. Am taking her to docs when mike gets home at 5 anyway to make sure things are ok, but am just trying to think of other possibilities.

gimme your opinion

Edited by mum2paris
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 2:19pm
Hope everything is okay Janine! Please let us know when you get back from docs. If she is having a growth spurt youd think she would be drinking more? She is having plenty of wet nappies? Sorry i cant help neither of my two went real sleepy like that except after vacc.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 3:22pm
Maya seemed to have days where she would sleep and sleep and sleep and not feed much, and other days she wouldn't sleep at all but would want to feed all the time. She's still like that even now.
Have you had a busy few days? Maybe Ayja is just a bit out of routine and catching up on sleep, or maybe she is going to do what Maya did and go thru different phases.
I think you're sensible getting her checked out tho. I always felt like a paranoid mother but my GP was so great, said she would rather see 100 healthy babies just in case than miss one sick one.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 6:54am
I agree with emma, Abby has always had days when she sleeps heaps and doesn't seem to eat much and then other days she has days when all she does is eats and very rarely sleeps. I'm another paranoid mother but it never hurts to get things checked. I hope things are ok.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
paigesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paigesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 11:07am
I'm sure she's fine! But if unsure it's best to get them checked. Set your mind at ease too!
Karen.

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 2:13pm
After all that she woke up not long after i posted this.. and was just as fiesty as ever, didn't really sleep for the rest of the night, but i noticed by late evening her cold was gone so maybe that was her way of getting rid of her cold - sleeping the day away. yep - I am a paranoid mum especially after her accident.   She's been funny the last few days - lots of smiles etc.. yesterday after she woke up she was under her playgym and was talking to her teddy bear and cracking up and being noisy.. was very very cute.

thanks guys.

nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 4:43pm
Great news glad all is Ok.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 6:00pm
When you think about it, what do you do when you are sick? I lie on the couch and winge, but also sleep and sleep and sleep. Ayja was probably exactly the same!
paigesmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paigesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 9:45am
Glad she's better! And back to her happy self!
Karen.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 10:08am
I had my wisdom tooth out under general anasthetic on Friday so I am being a big whimp this weekend. Willie has been great tho, taken Maya out to the park, fed her, done the dishes, he is so sweet sometimes. And I am actually 'enjoying' being sick coz it means I get a bit of a break!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:16pm
shudder!! I am soooo glad I don't have wisdom teeth. I hate the dentist so much I have been known to vomit before having to go. Hope you are feeling better today Emma!!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 1:47pm
Ew, mine have been giving me a bit of grief since before i got preggers.. they settled down, so i left it.. then giot preggy and they flared up again and gave me headaches and sinus probs.. am procrastinating about getting them ripped out. funny thing is, that little bit of pain will probably be worth it.. i think sometimes you learn to live with the pain as it gets worse and worse.. then once it's gone you think.."how did i leave it so long?!"

It is great to have time out though.. so nice when the men take the kids to do stuff and let you have alone time.

Edited by mum2paris

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 4:33pm
Hey Emma - put an old towel on your pillow for the couple of nights following your surgery. You will dribble a little bit of blood.

I had my wisdom teeth out about 3 years ago.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 5:01pm
ewww i got mine out 2 years ago. funny the crazy stuff that you flush out of the site!!!!
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 1:12pm
Grrrr! I take back what I said - yesterday arvo I was having a rest and I woke up to Maya flooding the bathroom (she had turned the tap on and couldn't turn it off) and covered in her 'sparklies' (lip gloss that her aunty gave her). Willie was snoring on the couch! Only a man could sleep thru all that racket.But I made him clean her up - and went back to bed.

Becca, I have been lucky so far my mouth doesn't seem to have bled at all. Back on normal food today for the first time, but I am still too scared to brush my teeth! I'm just washing my mouth out with Savacol every five minutes!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
 Post Reply Post Reply