FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPanicking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 3:29pm
thank you for telling your story - it made me all teary eyed.. (i blame the pregnancy hormones) i think it would be easier to be a single parent than try to parent with someone who tries to make it hard for you...and emma you make me laugh so much... one look at maya and you cant deny at all where she came from, the little cherub.

Sponsored Links

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 5:05pm
Little cherub - more like a little toad! But she is the spitting image of her daddy - I call her my little white Willie hehe.

Thank you for sharing your story Nikki. I can kind of relate, Willie was happy that I was preg to start with, then started drinking again (he is a recovering alcoholic) so we split up when I was 15 wks preg, then got back together, then split up again when Maya was 3 mths old. He wasn't involved in the pregnancy at all, never came to the scans etc, or to her birth, and for the first 12 mths of her life she saw so little of him that she didn't even recognise him. he came drunk to her christening, and when she was in hospital at 10 mths and really really sick he never came to visit once.

But luckily for her (andme ) he has had a huge attitude readjustment and for the last year he has been awesome with Maya, looking after her when I need time out, came to her meningitis jabs... So good in fact that I remembered what I loved about him to start with, and we are getting married

Anyways, I didn't want to hijack your thread, but I think you are doing a great job with Hannah, I know how hard it is to be a single mum with no/very little support (and at uni). You are a legend!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 6:41pm
ugh, guys are so stupid at that "spader" stage...
Nikki you are doing a great job, doesn't matter what age you are or whether the father is around.. everyone has the potential to be a great mum.. from what i can tell you have no trouble fulfilling that role. I could never study if I didn't have mikes support (took a while but its all good now) that fact that you are doing it alone is awesome.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 12:08am
hey Nikki do you have hannah in the halls in wellington?
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 7:27am
Being a parent is the hardest (and most rewarding) job in the world, even when you have a partner to help. I admire all the mums that tackle it by themselves. Im sure when Hannah grows up she will see what a fantastic mummy she has, who managed to even go to uni with a baby!

Edited by Angelnz

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 7:59am
thanks guys
I'm having a great time, and to be honest i've got it way easier financially than a student couple with a baby. (Yes, am using your tax money for my education!) Can't wait to get out there and do it on my own though... well, as soon as I get over my fear of being in the big wide world.

Lizzle... yep I'm in the halls. Everton Hall, which is a whole lot of flats for mature students. I managed to get a one bedroom and have since weaseled my way into the flat next door which has 6 people. So really my little flat is an extention of the other flat. They miss Hannah if they don't see us all day! One of the students there is also a reliever at one of the VUW creches so she is mighty handy to have around! No shortage of baby sitters - heaps of clucky girls around!

And this site has been a huge help to me. I remember when I found out I was pregnant I was searching on the net to find out more about what was going on with my body and I came across this site. It has been awesome being a part of this message board for the advice but most of all just for the contact with other mothers. I don't know a lot of them! So - You guys are fantastic! And it is cool seeing someone like you Emma, who had a bit of a crap time at first, come out the other end still smiling and with a gorgeous little girl to show for it! It's all motivation for me
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 8:26pm
hi toniellis, just wondering if youd done another pregnancy test?

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 9:36pm
yeah i was wondering that the other day too actually..

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 10:08am
Hi guys. I went to the doctors and got it confirmed then a couple of days later I started bleeding quite heavily and lost the baby. I haven't been on here much except in the last couple of days coz I didn't really want to talk about it then. I've got three angel babies now.
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 10:50am
oh, Tonielllis, I'm so sorry!
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 10:51am
So sorry to hear your sad news.My sympathies go out to your family.
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 12:14pm
So sorry to hear that, toniellis. My sympathies to you and your family.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 1:14pm
I am so so sorry toniellis.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 2:22pm
That is sad to hear. Hugs to you.

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2005 at 2:31pm
my sympathies toni
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 7:56am
So sorry for your loss toniellis

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123