FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBreast Pump trouble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
brittany98474 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittany98474 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breast Pump trouble
    Posted: 30 June 2013 at 8:02pm
Hi all!

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I'm wanting to return to work part tim shortly, and my girl is solely breast fed. I've gotten a hand pump to express for her, and although she's getting plenty of milk from me, I can't seem to be able to pump more than 40mls or so. This is clearly not enough and it takes nearly 90 minutes to get that! I've watched some instructional videos, and I get started really well, and then everything kind of just fizzles out and nothing more will come. Is there a secret I don't know?
Sponsored Links

Kirsty122418 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirsty122418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 9:25pm
I find expressing first thing in the morning gives me the most milk, and I do it straight after a shower when they are still warm, plus holding it with both hands and getting a great suction and long slow pumps gets me the most milk. Good luck
pencils View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pencils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2013 at 10:25am
best times for expressing for me are straight after the 7am feed or after the 10amish feed. make sure you're drinking enough water. I tried expressing late afternoon in the weekend and it took me twice as long than it does in the morning. won't be doing that again. i haven't used a manual pump before just electic ones. good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply