FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCan you make semolina without milk?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BikeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BikeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can you make semolina without milk?
    Posted: 26 April 2012 at 9:21pm
I want to introduce semolina to bubs but I don't want to introduce her to milk just yet, can you make semolina with anything apart from milk? I would try with BM but I am having enough issues with supply as it is, I don't want to make it with formula as bubs hasn't had formula before. We are having trouble with her tummy and doc has advised to only introduce one food per week ... no bananas or apples ...running out of ideas!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2012 at 5:52pm
Maybe try with rice/soy/oat milk????
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Hibiscus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hibiscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 10:44pm
We make a lot of semolina in this house!

You could fo it with BM although I haven't tried it. Before my girls turned one I made with formula and that was fine. You could probably do it with water, but it would lack in taste little. Add a bit of butter, a pinch of salt, a bit of grated lemon peel to make it yummy. I sometimes chop up a few dates and add them to the liquid at the start. They dissolve quite nicely during the cooking process and are a natural sweetener. I use 60g of semolina for 500 mls of milk. We eat it hot as a mash for breakfast with fruit puree on top but I make a little more and put it into a small container in the fridge. It solidifies and I cut it into cubes which my girls eat as fingerfood. In fact this is how they started out eating it - as we did Baby Led Weaning.
Mum to 3 girls: identical twins and with a 3 year gap another girl.
 Post Reply Post Reply