FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsnacks - what and when

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: snacks - what and when
    Posted: 15 June 2011 at 4:23pm
DD is now on 3 good meals a day and has even started rejecting her midday milk feed in favour of solids.

Thinking of starting to offer snacks in the coming months.

What type of things can I offer her?

Her solids meals are - baby muesli/porridge with fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, either fruit or vege puree for lunch and dinner is meat and vege with a piece of fruit for dessert.

When do I give them?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 4:34pm
I give food when I have food.

Depends how adventurous you wanna get really. Alex gets rice crackers, cruskits, fruit, whatever I can find really

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 4:47pm
I already give her a load of fruit, done rice cakes she doesn't seem interested in them yet. Wanting ideas of alternatives.

Which variety of cruskits do you give? Do you put anything on them?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 5:42pm
cruskits can have anything on them, avos, hummus, cheese, vegemite. When they get all slobbered on they break up really easy for them so its a good snack.

Another one we do is superwine biscuits etc. Or a bit of muffin if we are having them for afternoon tea. Or if we have a loaf made like banana loaf, gingerbread, date loaf. He loves those.
Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2011 at 5:45pm
I just give DD the plain rice cakes as they are low in salt. She loves them!

Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 1:06pm
Yeah id go with cruskets or rice cakes with things on them like kebakat mentioned.

Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 1:30pm
Most of the time Jacob has a yogurt for morning tea, and a banana for afternoon tea. I give him his morning tea before his morning sleep (since its been a while since he's had his brekkie by then, and I don't like the idea of putting him down hungry), and his afternoon tea when he wakes up from his afternoon sleep. He also gets rice crackers or some other kind of crackers from time to time (often when he's in the pram).

Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 9:55pm
Cruskits have always been one of Isla's favourites. Either plain or with cheese and/or marmite. Or mini muffins that I make her (banana, cheese, apple etc), fruit (bananas and manderins mainly). Have tried the rice cakes but she hates them. Oh and raisins as well. She LOVES them.
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 10:10am
Grr my post didn't post!

Was going to say our PN told us to introduce snack at about 9 months.

Lily normally gets a couple from these options: cruskits with various toppings, a couple of biscuits, a sandwich (light filling), fruit (banana's normally), raisins, crackers, yoghurt, a loaf like date, banana (unbuttered), slice of cheese...

For lunch she eats exactly what I eat. And we normally have fruit, soup, sandwich (fresh or toasted) or left overs.

Re the fruit, Lily loves banana's and can easily eat about 5 in a row or over the course of the day (not the small bobby banana's I'm talking big banana's! )

I would offer mandarins but Lily can't seem to tolerate them even in small amounts, she gets nappy rash, runny poos, eczema... But she does like them and can again, like me easily eat heaps in a row!
Richie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 10:13am
Isla could easily eat several bananans or maderins in a row too Nicky - but I only let her have one a day cause if she has more than that, she either gets bunged up from the bananans or she gets the runs from having too many manderins! lol you can't win
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 12:49pm
Yeah, I've stopped offering mandarins but she keeps asking

Banana's. I think I'll have to hide them!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 7:22pm
Catherine loves bananas probably cause they are great to hold she only gets a couple a week as it bungs her up, she has been having mandarins after her dinner and likes sucking on them to get the juice out then she spits them out.

PN said to start from 9 months as well which is only a month away now and I feel I need to be organised with her meals.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
snugglebug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snugglebug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2011 at 10:47pm
I give my bub baby mum mum rice rusks from the supermarket and simply organic baby rice cakes at the moment as well as slices of apple to suck on, toast fingers, etc. He's cows milk intolerant otherwise I'd do cruskits too. I started with purees but he just loves to feed himself so I share things with him sometimes. He had a celery stick to suck on today he loved that and Im going to try carrot sticks. He's 7 months but loves to sit and have a sippy cup of water and a little snack so I let him. You can also give marmite on toast
Me 28, DH 29
DS born 20 Nov 2010 (4 years old)
#2 due October 7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2011 at 6:29pm
Hopes which yoghurt do you give DS?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply