FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDemand bf and solids/blw

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Demand bf and solids/blw
    Posted: 01 June 2011 at 4:04pm
When do you bf babies stop wanting milk and wanting solids instead?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 4:27pm
DD still prefers me to food.... She didnt really eat much until 8/9 months and even then still wasnt much. I just go with the flow as to when she eats/feeds, some days she wants lots of BF, some days she doesnt. Food until one is just fun.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 4:58pm
DD loves her food she's very enthusiastic when it comes to solids. She's not as interested in me during the day when we are out she's too distracted.

I want her to wean herself rather than wean her myself.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 5:09pm
I don't know if Jacob's demand fed or not... he got into the habit of having a feed after his sleeps, and never asks for one othewise, so you could say either But anyway, he's pretty much cut out his day feeds now, I offer them but he'll have a suck or two and turn his nose up. He still has a good feed first thing and before bed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 6:06pm
I do a similar pattern with Catherine she has her milk feeds after her sleeps and solids around the same time I have my meals.

She's such a grazer she'll suck for a bit then stop I go to put my boob away and she wants more.

Her first feed in the morning is a big feed especially if she's slept thru the night and I'm rather full.

Off to go have dinner with my dinning companion.

[/url]

Angel June 2012

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 6:42pm
Hopes are you still giving Jacob puree/mash or is he on finger foods?

[/url]

Angel June 2012
AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 8:50pm
You switch them to solid & then boob around 9-10 months.

Can't say I've had them prefer solids over boob, they've wanted both.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 8:59am
Yep what Kel said!

MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 10:21am
DS still prefers boob over solids, he's a grazer when it comes to food, he'll pick and have bites all day long. And is BFing anywhere from 6-12 times in 24 hours.

Post Reply Post Reply