FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSolids and Breat Milk Ratio for 8-9m olds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BayGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Solids and Breat Milk Ratio for 8-9m olds
    Posted: 18 March 2011 at 11:01am
So i am wondering how much breast milk and solids my DD should be having. She has been eating solids since approx 5months old and goes through phases of loving it and phases of not being that into it.
Our night sleeping is getting worse not better and wonder if it's time to hold off the constant feeding habbits we are in?

Our Day goes:
4-5am sleepy feed in bed
8am wake up
Breast feed
Breakfast 8.30am
Nap 10.30am (Sometimes a B.feed before nap)
Wakes 12 ish B
Breast feed
Lunch 12.30-1pm ish
2.30 breast feed (snack)
3ish Nap
4ish Wake and feed
5.30 dinner
6 ish Shower with mum
6.30 into sleeping bag, story books and cuddles
Breast Feed
7pm ish Bed for the night.
11pm _ Sleepy feed (in bed with Me)
-----Try to put her down but she wakes up everytime i try so usually ends up in bed with us all night
1.30--- Sleepy feed
4.30 ish (sometimes 5.30ish) Big sleepy feed
8 am wake up
Breast feed
etc...

So yes we are still feeding alot with lots of snack type feeds.

So my questionS:
1)should i be holding off some of these little feeds (particularly through the night)?

2)Should i get strict and only offer 4-5 feeds a day?

3)I know at this age (8-9 months) you are supposed to start offering Solids first and more food snacks during the day and just top up with Breast milk.???? Any thoughts and when and how to start this???

4)It's seems too soon to me to cut down feeds but when i hear about other mums being down to 4 feeds a day i think that we are at about 8-10 feeds (but some are snacks nibbles).

5) how much solids should i offer? Aurora wants to constantly snack on solids but won;t take alot in one go but if she sees anyone else with food she demands some. I think i need to really try to get her to eat alot more at each meal?

6) What is the best way to start good eating habbits. Is it bad to offer lots of little snacks (either breast feeds or fresh fruit/crackers etc)to a baby? Will it effect how much they eat at meal times?? Or if not eating alot is it better to offer lots of little snacks?

Any thoughts
Sponsored Links

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2011 at 12:58pm
Hmm My daughter just one day at 8 months decided she didn't want a BF first as we were very similar to you and wanted solids first! So in time she may do it herself but I wonder what would happen if say you just restricted feeds to before naps or as a top up after solids? Our DD has always been a big eater solids wise but when she cut her 1st 2 teeth at 10 months she went on a food strike and has never eaten as much since...
 Post Reply Post Reply