FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBLW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bun_in_the_oven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bun_in_the_oven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BLW
    Posted: 01 March 2010 at 1:56pm
so ive just discovered this whole BLW idea....

can anyone point me in a good direction to get more info ??

I did a google but soon became overwhelmed with too much info !!

Sponsored Links

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 2:22pm
There are already a couple of threads on here about BLW, here and here. The thread started by nzpiper has heaps of good info, links and a book that is good to help you start. Have fun, I am finding it so much easier than the mush I used to give Jack
Lindsey

Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2010 at 6:09pm
This is the official site which has some good info. I highly recommend getting the Baby-Led Weaning book by Gill Rapley. Lots of stuff you will already sort of know from researching in it but it is good to have confirmation that you are doing the right thing from just one source.

Basically, you can give them anything you are eating as long as it's not too salty or sugary. I've found that if it's going to be very spicy food then it's easy just to set aside some of the ingredients before you add the spices. For example: Last night we had a green chicken curry so while cooking, pieces of chicken, carrots, beans and rice were set aside for Jude. Or another example is Nachos - we make our mince very spicy (Jude actually stole some off my plate once and stuffed it in his mouth before I could stop him, went red and eyes streamed a little but then we gave him a teaspoon with some sour cream on it and he was all good. ), So Jude will get plain mince, cheese, a little sour cream and any veges we've decided to have with tea. It's super simple really. I love being able to sit down to dinner with Jude and DP without one of us being occupied spoon feeding.

Post Reply Post Reply