FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThrush on Nipples

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thrush on Nipples
    Posted: 23 September 2009 at 6:45pm
Wasnt sure where to post this, so here will do,

I think I have thrush on my nipples..

They have suddenly in the last day or so gotten quite tender and red, and also a bit itchy, and Ive been getting shooting pains in my nipples.
I looked in Bella's mouth and she has the white tongue, but that could just be milk, and on her inner cheek I can see a few white spots, like about 3, so not many.

Does this sound like I have thrush? I have some of the Gel for oral thrush, my MW perscribed some incase bella or i got it, as she had it on her bottom a few weeks ago(we used micream for that).

Sponsored Links

SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 7:15pm
Yep, sounds like thrush! Start slathering on the gel. Did your MW advise to use the gel for Bella? Otherwise you can get the Nistat from the pharmacy.

The first time Lydia got it in her mouth (the only time it spread to the nipples), I noticed it by the nipples being so insanely sore and red and itchy first, then noticed a few spots in her mouth when I went looking.

Best of luck - it's not fun!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 7:44pm
Thanks! Yep my MW said to put a pea sized amount on my finger and rub it round her mouth so i did that, and I put some on my nipples.
How long did it take to clear up?

She had a feed just before and after having the gel on my nipple felt heaps better while she was feeding and it had only been on for about an hour!

SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 9:54am
Mine took about a week to clear up, and the right nipple was sore for another week . It does help with the pain quickly, but you have to use it for 3-4 days after all the white spots have gone to kill the roots of the bug.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 4:20pm
you will need to treat both of you and sometimes a different cream is used for you and bub so check with your mw.

MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 10:44am
Sheena, I was given Micreme when I had it, had to apply several times a day until the symptoms had been gone for nearly a week.
Lisa mummy to Ryan
kabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2009 at 1:12pm
When I got it, I had to use some thing different from what I gave baby. I think I used micreme and baby had a gel (Daktarin?). The reason being is that the gel is too drying for your nipples apparently.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 11:24pm
I ended up using micreme for my nipples and the other stuff for Bella's mouth. After I used the micreme it went away quickly.
It was the most pain Ive ever felt on my nipples!! Im so glad its gone!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 4:06pm
Thrush came back Its so frikking sore! So back to using the micreme and the gel in bella's mouth. My right nipple it very sore, makes feeding awful.

MrsH23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsH23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 4:16pm
That sucks hun! Keep using it for about a week after the symptoms have gone, that should fix it.
Lisa mummy to Ryan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 7:14pm
Yeah thats probably why it came back, cos I didnt use it long enough after it went away

Post Reply Post Reply