FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBLW Breakfast foods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BLW Breakfast foods
    Posted: 23 September 2009 at 11:48am
We're having great success with BLW - Lydia's a great little eater! She's currently on 2 "real" meals a day (lunch and dinner), and she'll help me eat a piece of fruit for afternoon tea. Soon, though, she'll be wanting food in the morning too, and I'm not sure where to start!

I normally have toast, or cornflakes and milk for breakfast. I have no problem giving her toast (she happily eats it for lunch etc) but I don't want to be giving her bread every day! Plus, if I give it to her in the morning, I don't want her to have it for lunch too (not that she has it every day for lunch either! normally left-over dinner). I'm not keen on giving her dairy yet either.

So, any thoughts? What have other BLW mums given your babies for breakfast?
Sponsored Links

monster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2009 at 1:22pm
My boy was a bit older before he was having breakfast regularly, so I'm not sure how these would go with a younger baby, but we'd give him things like shredded miniwheats or weetbix minis in milk - easy enough to pick up himself, though they can be fairly crunchy (not to mention the extras in packaged cereals!). If you can be bothered with loading spoons you can always go for a bit of greek yoghurt with fruit or plan old thick porridge. You can always give her some fruit at breakfast, bananas are easy enough.

I don't know if you've checked out the BLW forum, but there's a recipes section on there that has good breakfast recipes (porridge pancakes and wakey wakey cakey - a fave here, both for breakfast or a snack) as well as lots of tips from people who have BTDT.

HTH.
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2009 at 4:13pm
rice bubbles with yoghurt mixed in - makes them stick together and easy to pick up. porridge pancakes. crumpets, fruit, eden used to - and still does - like dry weetbix. i have to watch or she will steal them ouf of the cupboard. canned fruit salad was eaten a lot here in the beginning too.

Flutterby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flutterby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2009 at 5:28pm
Cody just normally gets fruit for breakfast and a small bit of my toast or crumpet. Those porridge pancakes sound interesting, might have to give them a go
SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 7:02am
Yeah, we've figured it out now! She had a Weetbix the other day (just dampened with water) and has fruit, toast, oaty pancakes... just couldn't get my head around how to do cereal! Thanks for the link to the forum, been lots of reading happening here.
 Post Reply Post Reply