FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBottle to sippy cut dilema

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Drnasia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drnasia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bottle to sippy cut dilema
    Posted: 12 January 2010 at 9:03pm

Hi there,

I have a 1 year old (28.12.08) who was BF till 8 months but has been formula fed since and we are wanting to change to sippy cup for milk. Two issues:

1 - What cup have parents used whats worked? I have a sippy cup for water which he loves so am wondering if i should go straight to something with a straw for water and keep using cup for milk??

2 - Is this an instance of baby led weaning and do toddlers just slowly wean themselves off milk or do we need to be actively reducing the amounts ? He has approx 450-600 mls a day made up of, cows milk and 1 bottle of formula after tea

3 - Am i just thinking too much

Any experiences/ advice welcome!

Cheers Amie

Sponsored Links

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2010 at 9:07pm
The amount sounds right to me if he's happy drinking it.

We used a dinkee cup from the supermarket (straw one) and also a Tommee Tippee straw one. I've heard a lot of kids don't take too well to the change with milk (water's not as hard) as they find bottles a comfort thing or something so you might find he'll reduce the intake if you switch (fine as long as you supplement with cheese/yoghurt etc).

My DS just cut all milk out together so not much help there sorry!
 Post Reply Post Reply