FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeocate LCP vs Karicare Pepti Junior

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 1:25pm
The thickener is a karicare thickener, not baby rice or anything like that.

I had Olivia on solids but think it played havoc with her tummy. I didn't give her any yesterday and we didn't get the evening tummy troubles that we'd been getting. May give her veges at lunch and see how that goes.
Sponsored Links

MinaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 5:05pm
I'll look out for the thickener.

I've just worked out that Callen is feeding 120mls every 5 to 6hrs, maybe this is normal for his age??

The doc told me he was fine, he thinks maybe the change is due to his teeth or he doesn't like the taste of the formula. he suggested i put sugar or milkshake flavouring in it... CRAZY!!!

I forgot to mention, no we haven't changed his formula or solids in the last week, the only thing that's changed is that i went back to work on Monday so his week has been a bit different.

Edited by MinaNZ
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 5:59pm
every 5-6 hrs, is that during the day? they shouldn't go longer than 4hrs at any age. Liv was still feeding 3hrly then!
MinaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 9:11pm
For the last month he has been feeding every 3 to 4hrs during the day and night, then i put rice cereal in his last bottle and he would only wake once during the night. But since Wednesday things have changed, he's been feeding every 5 to 6hrs in the day and although he wakes 2hrly he doesn't always drink formula, he seems to be happy with water.

My Hubby did notice that his gums are looking really white, could his teeth be the cause of all of this??
lostAmber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostAmber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 5:26pm
how are things going now Mina?
MinaNZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinaNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 11:13pm
He has his good and bad days, it's definitely his teeth that are bothing him. We went to a BBQ tonight and he was a perfect little angel. I guess it's just a waiting game when it comes to his teeth.

I haven't tried the thickener, but we have a peds appt on Monday as a follow up to him being on Neocates so we'll see what they have to say.

How are you doing LA?

Edited by MinaNZ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123