FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcoughing??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: coughing??
    Posted: 14 April 2009 at 7:18am
DD has started doing these little coughs all the time, especially at night.

It doesnt sound chesty or anything but she chocks a bit aswell, as if there is lots of saliva.

She has also started dribbling lots, and has discovered she has a tongue so keeps poking it out lol, could it be to do with that??

Do you think i should take her to doctors or just see what happens???

Sorry panacking first time mum

Edited by sabrina0007
Sponsored Links

BeLoved View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeLoved Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 8:43am
Hi Sabrina, my DD has been doing this over the last week too, and I have found that it seems to be a bit of a cold as she coughs after she breathes through her nose and you can kinda hear the stuff trickling down her throat, so I think that is what is making her cough, plus there is alot of saliva too. She was doing the coughing in the night and a sort of choking noise too. I have been using a bit of baby balsam on her chest and back and if it gets any worse I will use a bit of karvol in her bed on a tissue. I rang Healthline, they went through a whole lot of questions with me and they said to just keep an eye on her temperature and if she seems unwell, changes colour? etc. then take her to the doc.

I have also got a heater for her room to take the chill off at night, we have a digital thermometer in there and the temp has dropped a good 5 degrees in last week or so.

Hope she gets better soon!
Chickoin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chickoin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 2:47pm
Jody started coughing and gagging when she discovered her tongue too. Always a dry cough. I think she just has to learn she can't poke her tongue waaayyyy out and touch the back lol. She coughs a lot but doesn't seem sick or anything. She just gets a bit too excited. It was just after 3 months old when we needed to put a bib on her all the time when she was up because she was a dribble monster.

Also, sometimes she looks at DH and coughs for attention!
kmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 4:05pm
Sounds a lot like Bethany. She discovered her cough quite early on and kept doing it for attention. Even now sometimes it turns into a bit of a gag. I think it's just a phase

twins in heaven Oct07
Is 40:11 "He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart."
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 4:31pm
Oh that makes me feel so better, It is a dry cough and its normally when she is playing with her tongue.

She has just turned into a dribble monstor too.

Ill just keep an eye on it and ring the healthline in need be, thanks all
 Post Reply Post Reply