FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGoing in tomorrow...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
kiwigirrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiwigirrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 3:24pm
Hey! I just read your posts, I'm thinking of making an appointment to see someone at the moment, would you mind telling me how long you'd been trying for and what made you go see someone, what you thought was wrong?? We've been trying for 9 months, charting, using pre seed and lots of vitamins etc and I've been having accupuncture but nothings working, just got AF again today so I'm thinking about making an appointment.
Sponsored Links

emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 5:35pm
Hi kiwigirrl, we had only been TTC 2 months but I was told by my docs that 'just give it a go for a couple of months, then we'll refer you' there was pretty much a very slim chance of me falling pg.

I don't mind telling you at all - I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) which in turn means (and not all people get this) I have no cycles and I'm not ovulating. I also have a prostratic glandular uterus (or something like that) which means my uterus contracts and loses its blood supply, so have to be monitored.

What I would do is go to your GP, say you have concerns. You can get sperm tests done, and then they might do tests on you, or make you wait 3 more months (the usual waiting time is 12 months unless you have pre-diagnosed conditions). From that you can start the testing process and maybe get some help to get pg. Good luck!
noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 6:24pm
yay for your scan and next appointment emz! very exciting!

Good luck kiwigirrl emz explained it all well!

peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 6:34pm
Goodluck emz, I also have PCOS although apart from gaining weight I dont think I was badly affected. I wasnt ovulating when it was diagnosed but as soon as I saw the Doc my periods started and were like clockwork since (go figure??)

Luckily I conceived on first attempt but I had been told like you that if I dont conceive after 3 months of trying to get help. I now use that doc as my obstrecian. So far it is all sweet.

I have another friend who was told she had PCOS and would "probably never get pregnant and if she did would not carry full term" 3 babies on and she's not looking back.

So go for it and best of luck!!!
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 11:02am
Hey Emz thats awesome news! I might be joining you and noodle soon...I see a gyno 7th may...2 1/2 weeks at Ascot I think too? and the Dr said he will prob put me on clomid, I had scans last week that showed suspected PCOS but my bloods came back normal? Kiwigirl I have been trying for 6 months but also like the other girls I had long and irregular cycles..its a good idea to get some tests done if you think that there is possibly something wrong, or even for piece of mind I have a friend who has been TTC for over 2 years and her and her partner dont seem to have anything wrong but it just hasnt happened! so she is getting help now but her tests have always come back normal...just one of those things good luck girls thats very reassuring news Nzpiper
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 2:32pm
Kye, when I was diagnosed at 15 with PCOS, my bloods were all normal (well, you know, within the normal range, although slightly elevated testosterone but nothing extreme). That's why I had to have further tests to find out if I had it or not. I guess I'm quite lucky in a roundabout way that I found out quite early on so I could get into the treatment process quickly.
tropics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 5:24pm
Wow emz thats a young age to be diagnosed with it! lucky that you are onto things now though all the best I am glad that I decided to come off the pill now and that we made the decision to ttc now rather than when we were in our 30s like our original plans as I am sure it would all be alot harder the older that you are and the pill has masked the pcos so I dont know how long I have had it for? all the best for your ttc journey
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 8:53pm
You too Kye. It was quite obvious from a young age (not going through puberty) that something was wrong. I got my first AF late at 14, then not another until late 15, then nothing again so have been on the pill ever since. It was great never having periods, now it's a darn nuisance! Wish you the best with everything, let us know how you get on.
LuluBelle85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuluBelle85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 8:44am
Hey Emz

Good luck with everything! We were going to start clomiphene last year but decided to wait till I have lost weight (I have LOTS to lose, lol). So hopefully it won't be too long till I am in the same position as you

All the best! Let us know how you go!
emz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 4:10pm
I had my scan today and had to have an internal too (ew, they left that part out!)

The lady said that from my lining and fluid that it's possible that either I ovulated and am due for a period (which means despite our best BDing efforts just for the hell of it - I'm talking at least every second day all month) I'm probably not pg. Or my body is playing yet more tricks on me. Will have to wait for the blood test results when I go back to the gyno next Friday (11th).

And apparently some of my cysts have 'joined forces' cos I have a rather large one on my right ovary compared to the little ones on my left ovary. Oh Joy!!

Anyway, will keep you all informed as to how I get on next Friday. Thanks for all of your lovely thoughts and advice ladies :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12