FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked3 month old mauled by dogs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xox6Girls1Boyxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 month old mauled by dogs
    Posted: 08 February 2009 at 6:28pm

A BABY boy died today after being mauled by two family dogs.

Three-and-a-half-month-old Jaden Joseph Mack was fatally injured in the living room of a house in Ystrad Mynach, south Wales, shortly after midnight.

He was taken to the Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr where he was pronounced dead.

Police investigating the tragedy said they believe the injuries were caused by two dogs - a Staffordshire bull terrier and a Jack Russell. The dogs have since been destroyed.

Jaden is believed to have been the only child of a couple who were married a year ago.

A post-mortem examination was being carried out on his body today.

The house in Commercial Street, Ystrad Mynach, was cordoned off and forensic officers examined the scene.

Neighbours said Jaden was staying with his grandmother when the attack happened.

Neighbours told how they heard her screaming when she discovered what had happened. She is believed to have been treated for shock.

Police confirmed that Jaden’s parents were not present in the house and said no arrests have been made.

Neighbour Heather Organ, 47, said she was watching television when she heard screaming.

“It seemed as if somebody was very distressed or being attacked,” she said.

ì
The grandmother came out and she was screaming ’The baby is dead! He is dead!
î

Stunned neighbour Heather Organ

“I came out and saw my neighbour and he knocked on the door and asked her to open the door.

“When the door opened, two dogs ran out. At the time I didn’t realise what had happened so, rather than let the dogs get hurt, I picked up the Jack Russell and ushered the other one off the road.

“The grandmother came out and she was screaming ’The baby is dead! He is dead!’

“There was no blood on the Jack Russell but with the black one (Staffordshire bull terrier) I couldn’t tell.

“When I entered the room the baby was obviously dead. The baby had a severe injury to his neck and with that the police arrived.”

She added: “It was dreadful. There was blood on the floor.

“I know people can’t prove anything but at this moment in time it does suggest that it was the dog.”

Another neighbour, Gail Jones, 45, said she was walking back from a night out when she heard a distressed woman.

“It was just after 12pm and I heard the grandmother,” she said. “She was more than crying - she was absolutely hysterical. The poor woman. It was terrible.”

She added: “You see these stories on the telly and you don’t think it is going to happen on your street.

“I know one neighbour tried to give the baby the kiss of life so you can imagine what state he is in now.

“Your heart goes out to the family. It is just tragic.”

Mrs Jones said she thought Jaden was the only child of his parents who were married “a year or so ago”.

Another neighbour, who declined to give his name, said: “It was the worst screaming I have ever heard. It was sickening.”

Ystrad Mynach councillor Alan Angel said: “I would imagine all the community is shocked by this. It is a tragic thing; especially with the boy being so young.”

Chief Inspector Jim Baker of Gwent Police said: “This is a tragic incident for the family and the community.

“Gwent Police Family Liaison Officers are currently supporting and assisting the family through this difficult time. The family wish to be left alone to grieve.”

He added: “Although the exact circumstances of the baby’s death are yet to be established, we would like to reiterate the advice given to dog owners that dogs should never be left unsupervised with young children at any time.”

Sponsored Links

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 6:33pm

Awwww how sad

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
MrsMojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 6:40pm
How awful, that poor family.  I hope the baby's death was swift
xox6Girls1Boyxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xox6Girls1Boyxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 6:45pm

OMG I cant stop crying....

Heres a pic of the gorgeous wee boy....

REST IN PEACE LITTLE MAN  XOX

MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE WHOLE FAMILY XOX....

Edited by xox6Girls1Boyxox
Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 7:49pm

That is so sad that poor family.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
Leahsmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leahsmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 2:48pm
Oh my gosh that is horrible, its sad reading the story but then you see wat he looked like and it breaks ur heart thinking wat that beautiful helpless little man went through I cant even imagine wat those poor parents r feeling.

Angel Baby Dec 09, We will love you forever.
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 2:53pm
Argh! poor bubba
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
caitlynsmygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caitlynsmygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 9:50am
There was a similar case in Australia about a year ago , a baby was dragged out of its cot and killed by the family dog, one of those beautiful husky looking dogs.
Dogs are beautiful loyal creatures, but can be very prone to jealousy, even the most seemingly mild ones -so its very important if you have a dog, to prepare them as much as possible before the baby arrives .

How awful for the family , from all that ive read , when dogs kill their prey (for want of a better word) they break its neck, so i hope it was quick for the poor little bub.
So sad

jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 10:11am
poor wee man!!!    

i hope it was quick and he didn't suffer

my heart goes out to all his family and his neighbours that tried to help. his poor grandmother..having to find him like that

words just cannot describe how hard this would be....it must've been heartbreaking for the parents to destroy the dogs too...just knowing that your beloved, trusted furbabies had done that to your baby

Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 7:57pm

Awww that is sooo sad

pepsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2009 at 1:45pm
When I saw that story on the news the other night I felt so sad seeing the pics of that beautiful healthy boy. How awful.. I think it always hits home even more when you have kids the same age as well because you look at them and see how helpless they are
 Post Reply Post Reply