FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOn again, off again tummy bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On again, off again tummy bug
    Posted: 14 November 2007 at 8:29pm
Has anyone ever had one of these with their kids? Ella was sick on Sat, then fine on Sunday.. then sick on Mon night, then fine Tues.. and was just sick on Wed She is fine in herself, and eating well during the day. She is sleeping quite a bit more in the evening though. I rang healthline but I don't know what to do as she seems okay during the day.

We had this kind of thing happen before when she was one, it went on for over a month

Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 8:34pm
Hannah often gets something like that. I dunno if it's the same thing. Anytime she gets a vomitting bug she will have dry toast etc for about 12 hours or so, and then slowly reintroduce "normal" food but nothing junky. Things like crackers or jam sandwich. And then she starts chucking again! I have to leave her on the BRAT diet for almost 48 hours clear before introducing anything else. I guess she has a weak tummy.
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2007 at 8:59pm
I think I'll have to do that too.. it's worrying her doing this! I think I'll have to do this too, as I've been holding off giving her milk & dairy (but thought she was okay today so gave her a bit - probably made her sick again )

Menu for tomorrow, toast, toast, and more toast

mum2emj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2emj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2007 at 6:59am
hugs! kayla was like that spewed sometime sun/mon night then stopped at lunchtime monday nothing again till tuesday night... so far she seems ok.
hope that ella is feeling better now xxoo
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 2:22pm
bumping again because I'm really worried about her! We've been to the doctor and got a wee test done, it's not a UTI. But she goes all tired and limp by the afternoon, and then goes to sleep. She doesn't want to wake up for dinner or anything, and then vomits once or twice, and goes back to sleep until the morning. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be? I've tried every combination of words on google and can't find anything?!?!

It started last Saturday.

mummy_becks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 2:26pm

Josh did this after he had eaten Oatmeal. And we got him checked out and he either has an allergy or intolerance to it. Maybe she has an intolerance to something she is eating.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 2:33pm
Did he only eat it the one time though? She hasn't eaten anything unusual that I can think of.. I'm taking a food diary now. Did he sleep excessively too?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 2:43pm

Nop eit was everytime after he had eaten oatmeal he was very sick and sleepy. After he had thrown everything up he went to sleep for a few hours and then after that he was all good - it was like you couldn't tell that he had been sick earlier that day.

I was a puree feeder, forward facing, cot sleeping, pram pushing kind of Mum... and my kids survived!
meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 2:56pm
Poor boy.

Doesn't sound like what Ella has though, she is fine in the morning/early afternoon, eats fine - then gets really sleepy (like falling asleep in my arms/the car/pram - she doesn't take a nap anymore usually) and then a few hours later she will be sick.

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 4:26pm
The limp thing makes me a bit concerned too but I have no idea sorry!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 5:07pm

Then how long after she has been sick is she right again??

Josh used to have the oatmeal in his breakfast. I would put him to bed a few hours later, and then during his sleep he was throw up all over himself  and the bedding and still stay asleep. Then after he has woken up we clean him up and then he goes back to sleep again for a good few hours.

caraMel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caraMel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 5:17pm
No advice sorry Kat but I hope she gets better soon!
Mel, Mummy to E: 6, B: 4 and:

meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 5:59pm
Well we ended up going to the after hours doctor and she has an ear infection. It probably developed as a secondary infection to the virus which she had in the first place. So she's got antibiotics and hopefully she'll start getting better really soon!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mummy_becks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2007 at 7:17pm

Fingers crossd she is better for you soon.

Post Reply Post Reply