FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTriple Stroller / Buggy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Triple Stroller / Buggy
    Posted: 18 February 2010 at 6:21am
If anyone knows where you can get these, please let me know! We will want it to be able to hold all 3 babies at the same age and hopefully go from newborn - 3/4years as usual.

I'm not even sure if we will get one though to be honest. I can't imagine me even being able to go for a walk down the road with 3 babies by myself. Especially when they are a bit bigger and trying to get the buggy over a curb would be hard with 3! So might just get a double and a single and hope friends etc will enjoy walking with me and pushing a buggy when the triplets arrive!

Who am I kidding? I'm not going to have time to walk with 24nappies and 21 feeds a day!

Anyone who knows of anywhere that has them, I would love the details! Thanks.
Sponsored Links

first View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote first Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 7:26am
Believe it or not you will learn to make it out by yourself especially when they get older. But in saying that you migth like to look into slings or wraps as carrying one baby and pushing two is always a nice option to have.
Here is a link to triple buggies. I think they'd work well.
www.gobubbago.com.au

MissAngel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 7:32am
Good grief! Congrats on three! I know mountain buggy do them, theres a lady here in Rangiora with triplets. Other than that I cant help sorry, I just wanted to say congrats lol!
Alex, Thomas and Lily
jazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 7:44am
Congrats on the 3 babies I would get a Mountain buggy they have them for 3. There will be days you will want to go for walks & get out of the house.
flakesitchyfeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flakesitchyfeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 7:56am
I think you'll need to get in quickly for a MB as I believe they have stopped manafacturing them, But I may be incorrect.

Honestly I can't imagine being in your situation lol, but I think if I was, I'd go for a double or a P&T, and just get a really really nice wrap or carrier

I'n saying that, I'm the girl who bangs things off shelves in shops with her single, I'm so clutzy.
MummyFreckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummyFreckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 8:01am
I think MB make them to order - I would contact them and ask. There are a couple of ladies I see around her quite often with a 3 x MB!
Bexee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bexee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 8:26am
Can't help but wanted to say a huge congrats on triplets!!! Awesome!!!
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 8:27am
I see a link to the australian site above but here is the home page for the adventure buggy company. I believe they invented phil and teds and then sold the company. It has NZ places that stock them too.

Adventure Buggy Company

Also heres a link to MB. They don't advertise triple buggys but does have contact details.

MB

Here is an example of the triple MB but is from a UK site.
Triple MB

Edited by Peanut
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 8:45am
I'll ask my friend with triplets. she had one made and I think he was selling them on trademe at some stage. It was like a double with an extra on top.
DJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 9:00am
Eeeek congrats on the triplets!

I saw a lady with triplets the other day (walking in Ngaio, so not ages away from you, might be able to trck her down thru multiple birth group!) - she had a double mountain buggy with pram attachment, and the third baby in a front pack.

She had a big smile on her face and her babies seemed to be around 3-4mths (and she was on her own) so getting out of the house can be done!

As for the weight of them all - my girls weigh more than 20kgs + the buggy and it is manageable atm.
Muz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 9:13am
I would get in touch with the multiple birth support group in your area - they will have a wealth of knowledge on all things multiple!!!! They may even get discounts?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 9:16am
I second the Adventure buggy.   I have the double, pram + toddler seat for the top. You can get the double buggy with single toddler seat. Its super easy to use and handles really well as well as being quite sturdy and stable
Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 10:30am
Thanks for all the advice ladies! I don't know how I couldn't find some of these sites on google! Will look them up now.

Flake, clutzy people are awesome! I always find they have great personalities :) Must be hard to be so awesome and have still have the time to think about where you are going.

Love the idea of the double and warp/carrier/sling. Was always keen on one when I thought we were having one.

I really appreciate all the comments about seeing people out and about on their own with them, I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to do that until I could put two in a stroller and have one walking beside or something. You've all definitely put my mind at ease a bit!
Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 10:48am
Just thought I'd update. Mountain Buggy only have a small number of triple strollers left and they have been offered to Baby on the Move however they haven't said if they want them or not. The lady to talk to about that is away so I'll contact her next week.

I have emailed ABC so hopefully will get a response in the next week in regards to that.

Go baby go still have them on their website so that's good. Will be very expensive to get that shipped over here I'm sure. And I thought P&Ts were expensive! (albeit a good investment).

I think I'll take your ladies advice though and talk to multiple birth club as they would know what works and what doesn't. I love the idea of a double and a sling/carrier though! Thanks again for help!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 2:21pm
Hun the ABC buggies are NZ made I think in Wellington by Phil the guy who started Phil & Teds
The people at abc ar eawesome to deal with
peanut butter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peanut butter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by misscheeky misscheeky wrote:

Hun the ABC buggies are NZ made I think in Wellington by Phil the guy who started Phil & Teds
The people at abc ar eawesome to deal with

EXACTLY. I just heard back from my friend who said

I have the very 1st ABC triple buggy ever made, just because I couldn't find anything suitable (only option then was 3 wide which wasn't practical for walking ANYWHERE and very expensive) so i got talking to the ABC buggy guy (Phil, formerley of Phil and Ted...his dad is Ted!) who came up with the reclining toddler seat on top of the double buggy especially for us! it is truly awesome as it fits through all doorways (its only 71cm wide or something), very manoeverable, light, easy to fold down and put in back of most hatchbacks or stationwagons and is essentially a double with a detachable top seat so can be used for anyone with three (or two) wee ones, not necessarily triplets. even better is that we are done with ours and want $1000 for it (incl all covers, sleeping bags and accessories that are shown on ABC website). full retail is $1900. so, if she's keen, let me know, otherwise, i can vouch for what a huge difference it made to my life and my independance!!

She is based in chch so if you were interested you'd have to find a way of getting it up.

hope that helps. PM me if you need her contact details
linda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 8:07pm
Also keep an eye out on TM. Not so long ago I saw a MacLarens triple stroller which looked fantastic and the cost wasn't to bad either.

I see from a google search or triple strollers that you can get an ohbaby stroller (in the UK)!

Alex 6 and Harry 8
Emmi_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmi_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2010 at 8:39pm
Deb, My sister is just out side of CHCH, and is coming up to Welly in July... So if thats not leaving it a bit late for you im sure she will be more than happy to pick it up (NZpipers friends buggy) and bring it up for you?? Just let me know

+1 May 09 Angel
Zaylah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaylah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 8:25am
Thanks everyone - you're all so amazing!
 Post Reply Post Reply