FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedParents as First Teachers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
YvetteandElla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YvetteandElla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parents as First Teachers
    Posted: 22 July 2008 at 2:12pm
Hi All,

Just been thinking alot lately weather I am doing the right things by ella on a day to day basis with her play etc, so have been thinking about PAFT and was wondering if anyone does this or has any suggestions.

I am finding it hard at the moment as I know I should leave ella to play to get independence but I feel bad doing this as I end up just sitting in front of the TV near her talk about depressing huh - but then I dont want to make her dependent on me

What do you all do with you lil ones.

Oh yeah ella is nearly 1 year

Sponsored Links

SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 4:19pm
There is times that McKayla has to entertain herself so I can study and then I set out time that is non interupted time just for my girl and I follow her lead.

Have you thought about playcentre perhaps? You get free training ect that can help you and at the same time she gets to play with other kids. It is full on however.

At a year I was sitting down and played with what she was interested in. She loved to tumble and been thrown arround. She loved doing those peg puzzles and shape sorters and just pointing to stuff and wait for me to say the name of it.

MissCandice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissCandice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 5:48pm
Yvette, we do PAFT here. Il get my book out tonight and write what they say.. Since Ella is only a day younger than Kylah it will be the right age bracket.. Il do it when Kylah goes to bed..
~ Mummy to a beautiful girl ~
NeoshasMummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoshasMummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 7:11pm
As far as I know the baby has to be booked in by 5 months with PAFT and there are limited spaces in each area with some criteria.

We have done it since Neosha was 10 weeks and it has been fantastic they give you heaps of great ideas

If you want a photocopy of the ones I have done (im getting a new one tomorrow) PM me and I will post them to you. 11-14 months (you get one every month)

Mrs Te Kani ❤️
Neosha 26/5/2007
Mikaela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikaela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 7:52pm
I used to have a PAFT lady come and see me each month and she was WONDERFUL. I really looked forwards to her visits. I'm trying to get back in with her again now - we had to stop when I went to Aus for 8 months, but she did say she'd try to keep some space for us in the program.

I definitely recommend it.
MyBelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyBelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 8:28pm
baby has to be booked into PAFT before she is 16weeks, unless she is refered via a doc or plunket nurse, so if you are concerned maybe speak to your plunket nurse about getting into it?
Two Blondinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Two Blondinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 8:31pm
We were with PAFT from when Caitlin was only a couple of weeks old until 18 months. Our original lady was really lovely and showed me so much I could do with her (without all of the expensive toys etc). We made toys and sang songs (I even learnt some Te Reo, not bad for a Pom! lol). Then she left and our new lady was crap! She would come late (if at all), write some notes, give us the hand out (last 2 were for the wrong ages!) and leave within 15 minutes of arriving where the first lady would stay for at least an hour.
I was so dissappointed I cancelled with them, pretty gutting really
 Post Reply Post Reply