FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBaby Massage Oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
peachy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Baby Massage Oil
    Posted: 31 July 2007 at 5:55pm
I am interested to know what kind of oil to get to massage baby after baths and to keep the babies skin nice.

I have heard olive oil is good and would prefer to go for something natural over say baby oil off the shelf. Would I need to go to a health shop for olive oil?

Any ideas/thoughts?
Sponsored Links

Bubbaloo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bubbaloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 6:01pm
I just use olive oil from the supermarket that we use for cooking.

Was danni-chick

Mum to James

My Angel 28/07/08
AnnC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 6:32pm
i did a baby massage course and we used baby oil. also she did say you can use any oil. She just said make sure what you use you would eat as their skin absorbs the oil. I used a welda one on Josh - baby oil on Rhyley (although not for long he just wanted to get changed and fed before bed)
Ann

Also Mum to Josh (15) and Brooke (10)
Spudling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 6:50pm
I was a beauty therapist in my past life and I would suggest that you just need to make sure it is a vegetable oil base not mineral. Any cold-pressed oils are good and you can get these from most supermarkets.
Or try a websight like naturebaby, they have a fantastic oil for preggy bellies so I am sure they would have something for babies

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 6:56pm
My mw recommended almond oil as the best, olive oil is alright but don't get a mix of olive and something. My mw actually gave me a small pottle (specimen jar) for Kryssi, which is still going (oil lasts for ages)!
Mazzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mazzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 7:39pm
We used almond oil after having it recommended to us by a baby massage therapist. Got it from a health store in town.
Redbedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redbedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 9:02pm
yep, we use olive oil for massage and washing cos it's nice and cheap and I add almond oil to her nappy wipe mixture. I got both from the local supermarket, the almond oil was with the regular oils, maybe I just go to a posh supermarket tho, (doubt it, it's in Newtown ) It was reccommended by our antenatal class.
If you want to use any aromatherapy oils tho, make sure they are well diluted in a base oil, like almond or olive as neat aromatherapy oils can cause very nasty burns on baby skins - I know I have nursed them more than once

Edited by Redbedrock
Kels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 10:18pm
I use Alize's Aqueous cream to massage him or his emulsifier lol. I have Olive oil but just prefer the aqueous of emulsifier as he needs it over his body to keep his eczema under control!

Busy mum to Miss 15yrs, Miss 10yrs and Master 4yrs
Red View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 8:55am
Sweet Almond oil is good, you don't need to buy any of the flash ones off the shelf, I use this when I am massaging and is reasonably priced. I have a huge bottle of it!
Nic01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 9:24am
We use Almond Oil. At our supermarket it's near all the vitamin supplements & health stuff. I also use a few drops of it in Matt's bath if his skin's dry - he gets excema with things like Johnson's products.
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 9:53am
You can get sweet Almond Oil from Pak n Save, with all the other oils, it is preferable to Olive, as its closer to the bodies own natural oils. Grapeseed is another that is good to use.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
MyMinis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MyMinis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 11:34am
almond oil is great. also good if you make a massage blend with certain oils to give different effects.
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2007 at 11:59am
I just put lots of johnsons soothing lotion on my hands and use that rather than oils. It keeps his skin nice and soft, smells yummy and has fixed his dry skin and helps his excema
mamun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2013 at 9:51pm
If you're looking for a happy ending and charlotte north Carolina make sure to visit this website.
->> Asian Massage Charlotte North Carolina
anthony269846 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthony269846 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 7:28am
I Can Suggest you all The roman chamomile oil uses since ancient times to ease digestive disorders and for soothing anxiety, Roman Chamomile oil is a staple in any aromatherapy oil collection. perfect in a diffuser to promote sleep or combined with body lotion for a soothing rub.

To Know More .!! Visit : https://gyalabs.com/products/roman-chamomile-essential-oil
 Post Reply Post Reply