FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI’m new too!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
firstimer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firstimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m new too!!
    Posted: 04 July 2005 at 6:24pm
Hi All

I'm Helen from Auckland & just signed up today, this is my first baby and feeling rather nervous about the whole thing. Only 6 weeks at this stage so still pretty early on and a long way to go.

I have enjoyed reading all your comments and look forward to chatting more.
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2005 at 9:27pm
Hi Helen. Welcome to the site. When I was pregnant I found this site really helpful, more for reassurance that I wasn't crazy!! Congratulations on your pregnancy!!
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 7:21am
Congratulations, and welcome to the site
Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 8:45am
Congratulations and welcome ...I joined before I found out that I was pregnant...and believe me these ladies have been great!!! I am sure you will enjoy this site.

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 9:19am
Hey welcome!
And congrats on your pregnancy

Glad to see we are getting a few more addicts in the making!
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 12:06pm
Hi there! Welcome to the site and congrats. I have found this site great! I am expecting my first and I am glad there is somewhere I can ask all of my "stupid" questions and get the support I need!
I am getting really nervous now that it is almost time!! Enjoy the pregnancy, it is an amazing time!!

firstimer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firstimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 12:33pm
Thanks for the welcome everyone

Is it normal to be so off your food? just about every meal tastes bland and just about turns my stomach.

I hope this stops by the 2nd trimester
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 1:03pm

Yip, the thought of most foods turn my stomach. I can still eat them, they just don't do anything for me.  Discovered apples sit really well yeaterday, so guess I'll be eating more apples 

Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2005 at 10:55pm
I had a real aversion to chicken. I couldn't look or eat it..especially breasts. Made me ill. Hamburger patties were okay, but nothing with chicken, or thick pieces of meat....weird.
cherry tomatoes on the other hand, i thoroughly recommend
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 8:53am
Sorry Helen....cant help you in that dept. As I had no morning sickness and I was not off any food (as such).

However I did feel like eating spicy food (or food that had a kick to it), as like you I felt that most food were bland!!!! It was Wendy's Spicy chicken burger for me for a while.....

I am sure it will get better......

Teenmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teenmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 9:42am
hello and welcome
Congrats on your pregnancy,im jess and youngest on here i think only 19,20in october i have one son marshall who is two and ive recently given birth 6days ago to another boy called koby.
I live in hamz too with my fiance. looking forwrd to chatting with ya.

EllasMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllasMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 8:53pm
Hey
I am new too. I am 21 years old and have a nearly 6 month old daughter, Ella. I live in Gisborne with my partner.
darlinggirlk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinggirlk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 9:42pm
Hi, Congrats on your pregnancy!!

I didnt really go off food that much. I was the opposite of *Roksana though, i went really sensitive to and food that was even slightly spicy, that would really make my tummy ache!!

By the way im kara and im 20 in august
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2005 at 10:36pm
Hey welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. I'm Janine i have two girls, Paris is two in a month and Ayja is 6 weeks old. I live in palmy.

ha ha, with the food, this time round i went off a few things, especially chips.. yesterday when i was studying i ate a packet of chips for the first time in about 8 months. i just went completely off them, usually i love chip and dip.. but nope, just the thought of them made me shudder.. have no idea why. how crazy is that?! ew, i did decide that i liked marmalade though. thankfully that phase has passed and i didn't buy another jar.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 3:04pm
welcome to ellasmum too!
I am obsessed with peanut butter!!! I eat it all the time, naughty I know!

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2005 at 3:14pm
Hi Helen and Courtney. Welcome to Oh Baby!

Janine, that is so funny! With Josiah, I craved chip and dip - particularly the dip!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 1:18am
Hi Ellas mum. Where in Gisborne do you live? my hubby is fromt there. He lived in manutuke and went to boys high
EllasMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllasMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 7:42am
Hey
Lizzle - I live in town, the area is called Mangapapa. Its really a lovely place to bring up kids.
The pregnancy food thing - I couldnt stop eating tomato on toast with heaps of salt and pepper! And I also loved avocado for a while too.
melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 9:01am
My mother lived on tomatoes on toast when she was pregnant with my older sister. Now she won't touch tomatoes....though strangely enough, tomato sauce and tomato soup are fine.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2005 at 11:32am
ooooh, I feel like tomatoes now!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>