FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOh my.......!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh my.......!!!!!!!
    Posted: 25 June 2005 at 1:27pm
Ysterday my boyfriend PROPOSED!!!
I said yes so I guess that makes him my fiancee now?
It was too cute. I had just put Alex down and sat on the couch when he came over, got down on his knee and held out this gorgeous little ring.
He looked like he was trying not to laugh coz it was so corny but he managed to ask "Will you marry me" without cracking up
I'm so excited but now what? I've never had to plan a wedding before!
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
Sponsored Links

angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 1:55pm
Congratulations!!!!
Aimee
Ella - 5.5 years old!
Toby - nearly 3 years old!
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 2:19pm
Yay congrats! Bet your excited. Its fun planning a wedding! Not so fun on the old pocket though. My 2 cents worth for cost saving is to cook the food yourself and then just hire people to heat and serve. Because most places charge about $30 a head for the wedding breakfast.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 3:28pm
Yay! Congratulations! I guess all those problems made him realise he does love you and want to be with you, it must make you trust him a lot more!!   
Gosh, we planned our wedding for a good year before hand, but I am pretty obsessive about having things perfect! There are heaps of websites wih advice and lists and tips to help you out... HAVE FUN!!!

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 3:42pm
Wow!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 3:49pm
kool.welcome to the world of wedding planning lol
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 5:01pm
If you get a copy of NZ Bride there are really good checklists in the back of them that list all the stuff you need to organise and when you should do it. You can always cross out stuff that you don't want to do or add in extra stuff.
Or go to this website
http://www.brideandgroom.co.nz/mainframeset.html
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 8:28pm
Congrats! We are planning our wedding atm and there is so much to think about! I wish I had taken a bit of time to just enjoy being engaged before I threw myself into all the wedding hype. Congrats again!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 10:51pm
congratulations!!!
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2005 at 10:57am
ooo congratulations! that is so cool
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2005 at 3:46pm
congratulations - before you start planning set the date - maybe have an engagement party first then think about the wedding... we set our date after the engaement party and it was the only thing that never changed.
all the best.

tabs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2005 at 9:58pm

Congratulations it is so much fun planning a wedding you can also check out www.nzweddingplanner.co.nz it was a lifesaver for me when planning my wedding and I also made some really cool friends.

Your marriage proposal souns a lot like mine was. How exciting!!

Hugs
Tabs

Mum to
4 lovely girls and 2 loved angels
Roksana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roksana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 10:04am
Hey Toni,

First of all a big congratulations!!!! At lease you got a proper proposal....I was told to choose my own ring...when I asked why? He said well you know......and when he bought it..He gave me the ring in the box. (Romantic I know)....

I planned my own wedding, did my own decor and all other wedding stuff. The only thing is that we hired a chef to cook and serve the food. We got a really good deal as we had 450 people in our wedding/reception. (And NO the 450 people is not a lie)

Carmel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 1:00pm
congrats on the great news.
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 2:14pm
Big congratulations!!

Biggest bit of advice for you speaking as someone who has recently been through the dramas of the big day....no matter what you think...no matter how huge it seems...no matter if you think the whole wedding will be a disaster...no one will notice if the flowers are a different shade, if things don't go perfectly according to your day plan or if like me...you walk up the ailse at the wrong point in the song! The day will still be perfect!

Enjoy the planning and fun! It will be over before you know it! *hugs*

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 2:27pm
Ill have to second Tabs on the www.nzweddingplanner.co.nz website it was such a help for me too, its an awesome site.
Good Luck

Edited by tastic
tafs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tafs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 2:37pm

Congrat's!

Ditto on the www.nzweddingplanner.co.nz  its a brilliant site.  I also totally reccomend http://www.bridesbestfriend.co.nz/ for invites and little bits and pieces. 

Try and enjoy the process because it goes by so fast - no where near as fast as the day itself goes tho!  We got married in March and gee it felt like everything was over and done with in a flash.

Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 9:05am
Tastic!! There's a familar face!! Yes to NZWP!! Really great site!!

Tastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 2:02pm
Hey Paws, how are you? hows married life? you trying for a family now?

Everythings ok here, I just cant wait for the pregnancy to be over with now LOL Ive had enough

Trish
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 3:18pm
i'd also highly recommend NZWP site. the only thing i ever regret about our wedding was using the cheaper person to make my dress and drinking too much on an empty stomach!
hey tastic, we were married 22 nov 2003 and jack elijah buick was born 25 august 2004!
all my married friends told me 'sex on your wedding night is a myth and your always too busy to get drunk'!!
what do they know huh!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>