FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAm I over reacting?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 1:24am
to get off topic, but how is Alex Toni? I think me, you and Nikki all have babies around the same age.
Sponsored Links

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 8:37am
Alex is great!
He is teething at the moment with his fourth tooth coming through so he has been waking up a lot at night.
He has just started to say Mumma which is sooooo cute.
And I am wondering how long it will take for him to start walking as he has been pulling himself up to stand on the furniture for the last few weeks. Its hard enough to keep track of him crawling so I'm not looking forward to him being able to walk!
Took him out on the farm yesterday afternoon and he loved being outside with his Dad. He sat watching him & the other farm workers. Was a great outing.
Planning on going to the opal hotsprings this afternoon with the boss's kids and nanny, should be fun and relaxing!
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 8:57am
Sorry for the hijack, Toni...

Nikki, sounds great! Gwyn and I get together irregularly for coffee and our girls play together. We'll have to organise a get-together - Toni, come along too!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 10:42am
How is Gwyn? and Gracie? long time no Oh baby site I think!
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 12:43pm
She doesn't have access to the internet at the moment... They were good the last time I saw them, which was about 2 weeks ago.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 9:38pm
I saw her Dad when I was home last and he said that Gracie is walking around tables and stuff. (Damnit, I know I shouldn't be competitive but Hannah has only just started to crawl... I feel so behind! hahaha Maybe she'll make up for it with her stunning good looks? )

I can't wait to see them! I'm so slack at keeping in touch though. She gave me her address so I could write to her but that has never happened! I'm terrible
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 11:12pm
OMG, I was just about to write, why don't you email. I've just finished work and am tired....thats my excuse
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 11:13pm
Hey niki, I alkso competitive as hell, but in the end, both Grace, Hannah, and Jake will walk and it will be of little importance who walks first. Also, kids that walk quickly are likely not to vocalise early. jake walks around stuff, but doesn't really say a lot....well, he says a lot, but nothing beyond babababa, mamamamam...no dadadad yet, hehehe
toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 4:24pm
Hey Lizzle that is so funny that you say that about kids that walk quickly are not likely to vocalise much. Alex doesn't make much in the way of noises except his mummummum noise and I'm pretty sure he will be walking really soon.

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 7:44pm
And yet Maya walked at 10 mths and you can't shut her up! But don't stress too much Nikki, Maya was over 8 mths before she started to crawl, yet at 7 mths she could pull herself up on things and walk around. She just had no interest in crawling and as soon as she figured out how to walk that was it. I think she only crawled for about 6 weeks.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 9:54pm
Paris walked at 15mths, and she is really great with her talking and concentration on things.. she couldn't walk or move, so she learnt to talk, and sit and figure things out. was nice actually.. by the time she could get to things she wasn't allowed and touch them.. she was old enough to be reasoned with a little bit.

can't wait to see what ayja will be like.. put her on her tummy on the floor for the first time yesterday.. she practically crawled away!..
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 12:05pm
Gosh... Kiya crawled at 7 months (almost to the day), starting pulling herself up on things a week later, and was walking at 9.5 months. She started talking early, and I still haven't found a way to stop her!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 4:37pm
I have faith that Han will pull through!
Probably going to be a blessing if she stays put for longer. Can't imagine her getting into more mischief than she already does.

There is an 10/11? month old baby at creche that is just learning to crawl now, so obviously they all move at different paces. Hard to fit milestones into ages!
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 9:21am
One of Kiya's best friends is 6 weeks older than her. Dana didn't learn to crawl until she was closer to 13/14 months old (mostly because she's got really long legs and they got in the way)
jack_&_charli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jack_&_charli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 2:26pm
my boy jack is 10mths on june 25 and isn't at all interested in crawling
he will lie on his back/tum and move around in a circle but that's it. don't get me wrong, i'm quite happy for him to be stationery, but i do get a little worried that he's behind everyone, ya know??
he was in a pavlik harness for the first 10wks (dislocated hips) but i don't think that would make a difference.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 4:21pm
i'm sure jack will get the hang of it soon. my theory was always that if hannah gets to 5 years old and she still isn't moving, then i'd be a bit worried

like hannah, jack is probably making up for it with his stunning good looks!
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 4:23pm
Ummm, sorry to butt in, but I was just wondering how things are going with Toni re. the original post?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 4:28pm
haha sorry???
I'm sure I was the one who originally dragged the posts way off topic! (I always do it... sorry guys!)

I hope everything is going well now Toni
newmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 4:30pm
hahaha, I didn't mean to say it in a bad way, I was just wondering!

I just realised I am now officially a "groupie" and not a "newbie" anymore, how exciting (Now if that isn't going off topic I don't know what is! lol)

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2005 at 5:26pm
Hi again
Well as far as this original topic is going.... I've let my man start talking to his "friend" again as long as I am kinda kept in the loop. I'm not really 100% happy about it but he has been pretty good about it as far as I know. He is well aware he is on his last chance.
I have made a friend out here so its been really great. The farm boss has a nanny on full time and she is wonderful to chat with & we have taken the kids out to the hotsprings and had a few other outings.

Also we got our very first calf born on the farm for this season. Its so little & cute! I'm chief in charge of calves so I'm pretty busy organising everything. We have 800 cows to calve so......799 calves still to come!!

My little boy Alex has had a lot of achievements lately. He just popped his FOURTH tooth through and has been walking around holding the furniture and he has started saying Dada too. Still he said Mumma first!

He is growing up far too quickly though!!

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>