FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSpecial cuddles after C/S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sarah Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Special cuddles after C/S
    Posted: 10 May 2007 at 9:18am
I have a question for all you girls, how long did you wait for special cuddles, and did it hurt.

Dh and I tried last week (5 weeks after Jacks birth) and it hurt, a lot, I really didn't think it would given I didn't deliver naturally and though I expected some uncomfortableness, I didn't expect incredible pain. What were other girls experiences? (if you don't mind sharing)
Sponsored Links

EllenMumof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EllenMumof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 10:05am
i waited till 8 weeks as i bleed off and on for the first 6 weeks and it hurt a little but not to much

Kalem 6!
SuziE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuziE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 10:55am
about 7 but i found it uncomfortable and painful .. i was nervous too which didnt help... came right probably around week 12 - 14ish ..

I still have the libido of a gnat though ..... just cant seem to get that spark happening
busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 12:29pm
4 weeks after c/s (7-8 weeks after stitches in the 'other area') ... I was "tight" and it felt like we had to start all over again in some ways, but although sometimes uncomfy I never experienced "incredible pain"
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 2:11pm
We were told to wait till 8 weeks, but by week 4 we gave it a go.
I did not suffer any pain, but was also a bit tight.
SMoody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 5:28pm
Special cuddles? Okay I am going to take this is like how you made the baby right?

I actually cant remember when. I was spotting so damn much on the mini pill. I actually really cant remember. It was a bit tight but it wasnt sore or anything. But then I am like really small down there. (one of the freaking trouble we had for McKayla. )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 5:44pm
yip you are right Shirena, but we aren't trying to make a baby.

Well we might give it another go, it was tight, even with lubrication, and initially I would have lept off the bed had it not been for dh being on top (oh my way TMI here). If things persist might head to the doctor to just check things out. Can't help wondering if it has something to do with Jack getting stuck
Glow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 6:53pm
Im so naughty & only waited a week. Yea i was still bleeding & stuff; but what can you tell your partner half pissed on New Years Eve/ Day. He promised to be gently, coz i was a bit nervous. Yea it hurt a bit to start with, then the tightness loosened up...... or whatever. LMAO
Mummy of Two Boys
B: 2004
K: 2007

Bombshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 10:48pm
we are still waiting....heck im still bleeding, DH is sick, and his PA tells story of jumping her hubbys bones 6 weeks after birth of number 2 and thats how number three was made....so am in nooooooo hurry!!!

and not sure mini pill will work.....i love ella but soooo dont need another one yet...hence my total lack right now of being inspired to even try and get him going much....yeah TMI but he is moaning at me that he doesnt think he will ever get it again....LMAO!!! he may be right!!!
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 2:44am
We tried it first at about 6wks I think and I too found it painful - does not help of course that it's difficult to get in the mood with the baby sleeping in the bassinet next to us
We have tried it a few times since and although improving it's still not pain free. In fact I ended up going to my doc to get checked out 2 wks ago or so and was told it's quite normal for this to happen and there is nothing wrong down there.
LOL Bombshell - my DH is the same! Aren't men funny

ETA - just noticed the title of the post! Mine was vb not c/s

Edited by yummymummy

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 8:32pm
After my first I waited 2 weeks & after #2 I waied just on 10 days
1st time after son #1 I think we used ALOT of lube LOL!
I think it IS very different for everyone too.
If you don't mind me asking, but where did it hurt?? Inside or scar?
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 8:29am
it hurt inside, basically like I was revirginised, but much worse than the first time. From memory (going back a few days here) it was quite deep inside as well though, so more like cervix/uterus
Kazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 9:29am
it was about 12wks after my cs that it stopped hurting even with lube...but it was 9mths before it was completely comfortable aagain....it was like being a born again virgin...hubby loves it...lol

although i was told off as i should have seen the doctor as it was still hurting...so dont leave it too long

LockieandLiam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LockieandLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 8:44pm
We didn't have special cuddles until about 10 weeks as I was still bleeding and was a good girl and waited until it stopped. Although was rather keen to jump right back in there but waited. From memory it was not too bad did use lub and told DH to be awfully gentle. I can also remember feeling nervous - like I was a teenager again!!

Peace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 10:02pm
I think for me it was around the 7 week mark. If it wasn't for the fact that special cuddles and blood make me feel it would have been sooner.
The first time it does hurt. I don't know if anyone else had/remembers this but I had contractions the day after my c/s and it can reduce the size of your birth canal. Not to worry though as it usually stretches out again. I must say though that I in generally feel a lot smaller downstairs now. I can feel when my cervix has dropped (as it does naturally but I can see people scratching their heads thinking - mine doesn't! does it? LOL) when we got at it.
Although in saying I feel smaller than before, I don't mean that before I was like hiffing a hotdog down K Rd!
My friend was actually really surprised when I told her, she just assumed that it was a vaginal birth thing to be tight afterwards.
DD1 May 2006
DD2 March 2011
DD3 August 2012
SuziE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuziE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Peace Peace wrote:

I don't mean that before I was like hiffing a hotdog down K Rd!

Bahahahahaha!!! After my second vb my doc slapped me on the butt and said "you could drive a truck up there now love"

I felt very tight down there (or up there) after my CS and couldnt understand why.... now I know Im not the only one .... ohbaby is great for answering those funny little questions
Southlandmummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southlandmummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 10:50pm
OMG.. I thought it was only me who felt like a virgin again..

I think *I* waited about 3 months, much to hubbys discust..

Cindy - Princess and Princes
Samia Isobel Joy born 9th September 2008
Spencer Graeme John born 29th May 2006
Kaylin Gavin Robert born 19 December 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 4:18pm
right, well we have tried again, and still had pain, but not as much. I think it is a revirginised problem now but in no way did I expect things to hurt like they did.

There are so many things people don't tell you about for post pregnancy!
luna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 9:17pm
I think it was about 3 or 4 weeks and oh boy, yeah, it hurt A LOT! We tried again about 2-3 weeks later and it still hurt a lot even with lube.
Can't remember how long it actually took to feel ok, but glad things are getting better for you.
Selina

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 11:53am
I haven't tried yet as I'm still bleeding but was very surprised after less than a week to be really really wanting to!

But I think I'll wait till the bleeding stops. Blood and special cuddles don't do it for me either.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>