FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedyay, We’re home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yay, We’re home
    Posted: 27 May 2005 at 8:42pm
Hey guys, Janine Here, finally outta hospital, was going a little stir crazy in there.

Glad to be home, Poor paris has very much missed her mummy, very upset and cuddly tonight, have to keep reassuring her mummy isn't going anywhere, and i will be here when she wakes up.

Okies, so. here's the details..

felt fine all day tuesday, Woke up at just past 1-ish wednesday morning, having a couple of little cramps.. thought here we go again, cos was the same as false alarm on friday. Woke mike, but we stayed in bed for a little while cos i really didn't think anything was happening. finally decided about 2 that we should ring mum and get her round just in case.. still - contractions were about 5 mins apart, but only about 10 seconds long.

got in bath, they started getting longer, prety much straight away, mike timed them and they were about 1 min apart, so we rung midwife again, told her we were on our way... it then took ages to actually get there, had a really knarly contraction, and i felt like baby was really on it's way, then they started coming on top of each other once i tried to get out of the bath...to i was basically crawling round the house.

got to hospital, crawled into lift (feel like such an idiot admitting that) and that was it...

was admitted at 4 am, I was 7cm when they broke my waters at 4.15, asked midwife how much longer she thought id take, she said maybe an hour. lol, ok, by 4.25 i was pushing, and 4.35 Ayja was born.   

ow ow ow, fast is hideous, much more painful than paris,
no tears or stitches though.

She is so completely tiny, we really didn't think she would be so little. she is the opposite of paris, who was big chubby and dark. Ayja is tiny, with fine features, and blonde/ginger hair.

feeding etc is going well apart from the fact she is a "cluster" feeder. she sleeps all day, but then from 8pm till 5 am for the last 2 nights, she has fed all night, i have had 10 mins dozing every hour. it sucks.

okies, well, that's it. Ayja is awake and having cuddles with her aunty. hopefully tonight will be al ittle different and i can get more sleep.

thanks for all the congrats... will tell you once we get pics available.. sis has digital camera with her, but our comp doesn't support the software.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

kas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 9:05pm
Cool so glad everything is going well, hopefully tonight you get abit more sleep.  You will have to put a new ticker up when you get round to it.
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2005 at 11:38pm
thats great janine. and about crawling in the lift! When I had Jake, I did the same thing! So, I bet that lift has seen its share of crawling preggy ladies!
AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 7:50am
Wow thats fast! Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
nuttymama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttymama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 9:12am
Glad to hear you and family are enjoying ayja. I bet paris missed her mum, I bet mike missed you to. As for the lift I can remember crawling to the toilet so I wouldn't worry about it. Love the name to.
Abigail 06/01/2005
Jayden   21/11/2001
Micheal 03/04/1997
Paws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 11:26am
Big congratulations to you!!!

Hopefully things will settle down for you soon and you can get a little more sleep!

mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 3:20pm
hey guys, got a bit more sleep last night, was an ok night.. mike and my sis still thought it was rough, but by comparison to the last 2 nights, it was ok. lol.

yep, vick, mike said he hated leaving us up there, missed us. I came home to a spotless house, and he is being really great, as usual.. lol.

both kids are sleeping right now.. and silly to say, but i am bored.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2005 at 4:07pm
Good to hear it was another fast labour and that Ayja is settling better at night LOL at Mike cleaning the house - I was terrified what state mine would be in coz the midwife was meeting me at home when I arrived, but Willie had (for once) cleaned up and even changed the sheets!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 1:48pm
wow i'm proud of ya!
sounds like you guys are doing great
look forward to seeing little ayja when pis are available!
darlinggirlk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinggirlk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2005 at 10:47pm
Congratulations! Wow what a fast labour. Love her name, looking forward to seeing her pics!!!
bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2005 at 6:44pm
good to see things are abit more settled now. i really like her name.

Rachel & Brianna
mother to Brianna, Amelia & Mathew.

Post Reply Post Reply