FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCrying Nighttime Feeding HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rozi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rozi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crying Nighttime Feeding HELP
    Posted: 14 May 2005 at 5:05pm
Hello again my friends. You guys are like having your own plunket line. Need some help with my bubba. He's been really unsettled for the last couple of days. Feverish a bit, six months old. Even took him to the doctors yesterday. Eyes, ears, and chest all checked out nothing obviously wrong with him. He may be a little constipated. Just fed him heaps of feijoas and apples in an attempt to help him. Anyway last night OMIGOD he was up at 10.30 12.30 3.00 6.00. The 3am feed lasted until 4am. He is just grissly and wanting FOOD from boobie all the time. He cries a lot and wakes a lot in the night. Not like him. He usually wakes once in the night. I was at my wits end by this morning and am a basketcase from the lack of sleep. He has his bottom teeth and has had them for 2 months now. His two top teeth have broken through the surface and are about one third maybe 1/4 of the way through. Yes early I know. last night he had pamol and gripe water and heaps of milk. Any suggestions. Any suggestions on what it could be....?????? Is is really just his teeth. Doctor said to feed him more fluids if he has a temperature but feeding him all night long is very draining on poor MUMMY that's me! he is on solids, could it be a reaction or something. I've just started him on bread. One piece of toast. But I don't know what to look for for reactions? He is usually SUCH a good bubba. he is very happy today. But really clingy and crying a lot more than usual. Any suggestions. Oh please help! those poor poor mothers that have a baby that cries all the time. it is so EXHAUSTING..... love to hear from you
A tired ROZI and an unsettled RIKIHANA

Sponsored Links

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 6:19pm
Poor you Rozi. From the dental side of things i dont think it could be the teeth. Although the canines can cause more discomfort than the central incisiors.    He may just have a virus that should run its course after about 3 days.

If it is constipation that is bothering him, i have got hold of these fantastic Rhuger drops for Jayde (they also work for constipation) they help with tummy problems. Made up from rhubarb and ginger. they are $25. To find out more you can phone them on 0800RHUGER.

It could also be a food allergy, so you could try taking out the last thing you added to his diet and work backwards from there. But in saying that it really does just sound like a virus.

PS re the feijoas and apples. They are quite an acidic fruit and if he has an upset tummy or isnt feeling right they may not be the best. prunes boiled in water works wonders .

Hope he is feeling better tomorrow and you catch up on some sleep.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 11:50pm
Hey. Our Jake is about the same age. recently he started doing the same thing....just constantly hugry!!! Figured it's a growth spurt and he's so grizzly because he's up all night eating!!!!! Hope this is your bubba problem too as it goes away after a week or so
 Post Reply Post Reply