FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhard going

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hard going
    Posted: 02 May 2007 at 7:40pm
Hey all
i had a blood test today - i have to stay on the buserilin injections for another week they say- my levels are still too high
i felt bad the last few days - terrible PMT symptoms and so real pmt too
the sister in law phoned saying "are you pregnant yet" (she has a brand new baby - 9 months exactly after she got married)- she says to me you should hurry up and have a cousin for baby -aaahhh
my workmate says ill be a surrogate for you - i have no trouble getting pregnant
i feel like no one really understands me- none of my friends down here have struggled to get pregnant
tonight i was crying
i think ill have tomorrow off work - although i know it will make next week busier for me
oh yeah - and i have another client whos kicking herself for getting pregnant again!!! (i do social type work)

Just a hard week - and id been doing so well
i hate that this is so hard
i feel like saying no more i cant do it
im sick of the injections - the blood tests
i feel like screaming NO ONE UNDERSTANDS
i feel like running away for a holiday

and now i feel fat - coz i didnt feel well i missed going to the gym for a week

ok - deep breaths
now i have shared i feel a little better
i cant wait to hear from u guys

feeling sad
emile
Sponsored Links

busymum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busymum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 7:47pm
pikelets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikelets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 8:05pm
Emile - big hugs to you

I'm sad to hear you are having a rough time.

It is hard but hang in there matey.
Take care and hope you have a better day tomorrow

noodle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 8:26pm
Lots and lots of to you emile! Sorry you are having a rough time! Make sure you do take the day off tomorrow and treat yourself to something nice!

ginger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ginger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 9:31am
Just remember, it's a means to an end that you desperately want Emile.

I went to a seminar at FA the other night, and they called non-infertile people DHACs (Don't Have a Clues) which is perfectly right. Remember that. You have to put them to one side in your mind. There are those that try to understand, but it is hard for them too, because they have nothing to base it on.

Have you had any counselling sessions with your IVF? It sounds like it would be a good idea, even if you have to pay for them. They will understand and be able to help you work through your grief (it is a form of grief all this, by the way).

I hope you're feeling better today though.
Cuinn Lachlan 23.1.09 - 22:00
Antonia Helene 4.8.11 - 09:41
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 12:42pm
Yes Ginger's suggestion of counselling is a good idea Emile - I think from memory you are entitled to one or two free sessions with your IVF cycle...?

I know it's difficult when people make comments and suggestions that are totally irrelevant or inappropriate, but as Ginger was told at the seminar they don't have a clue... and to be fair we can't expect them to. I found the same thing when I lost my Dad to cancer at 19 years old. No one knows how it feels unless they have been through it and why would they?

I think you have to listen to your body and mind - if you need some time out from work, take it. Try not to think about the work piling up. Ask for help. Delegate! Try to remember that you are part the way there, not long now and fingers crossed that the outcome will be so wonderful that the hardships will be forgotton.

Take care Emile...
Lou
catie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 1:45pm
Hi Emile

There are lots of us who do understand and our thoughts are with you. It's bad enough when people who don't know about your situation unknowingly make hurtful remarks, but even worse when people who should know better don't stop to think. and some days just seeing Mums pushing prams is all it takes. But I hope you feel better today and can take some comfort in the fact that things are moving in the right direction for you now, and hopefully, one day, all this will be a distant memory.
 Post Reply Post Reply