FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedreusable breast pads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reusable breast pads
    Posted: 11 May 2005 at 2:45pm
Have decided to use these not disposable this time round, not sure if there was a topic re this prev - but has anyone got any info re good/bad brands etc and places to buy them from.

Sponsored Links

Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 4:36pm
I am thinking about using the tommee tippee ones.ten buks for 3 pairs?? there is a lady selling them for $12.00 a pair on trade me,woolen aparently.id get them but woulod rather pay tenbuk for 3 pair lol (tight arse i no)
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
tabs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 5:10pm
I used the Tommee Tippee ones last time and have brought the same ones this time too. I had read about the lady on trademe who is selling the wool ones. I don't like the disposables either.
Mum to
4 lovely girls and 2 loved angels
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 6:57pm
I used the disposables for 9 mths, then finally bit the bullet and bought the Tommee Tippee ones, and they are just as good and so much cheaper in the long run. I didn't use them with a newborn tho, so I don't know how absorbent they are in the early days when your supply is all over the place. Mind you, even the disposables couldn't cope in the first few weeks for me.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 7:18pm
cool - sounds a good price too - now where do i get them from?

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 8:29pm
I loved the woolen ones.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 8:46pm
Warehouse sell the tommee tippee ones.hmmmmm may have to nick a tenner outta Naths wallet and go get me some lol.Wasnt sure how good they were but after reading great things bout them i will def get some.I have some disposables i got the other day $7 approx for 40 on special at woolworths,i think they r the treasures ones?? cant remember.
BECS

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 9:32am
i used disposables last time and they were a pain in the a***. i had these soggy things clogging up my room, they were a pain to stick to my bra, and didnt stop me from getting big stains on my lovely new bra anyway and as for night time use.... i just went without in the end and put up with wet sheets. i saw some lovely lanolin ones in baby factory but with my exczema i cant use them.

AlyAyde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlyAyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:28am
I got the treasures ones this time in the early days. And they are crap! I used my treasures points to get them. No where near as absorbent as the johnsons.

Jayde 25/12/04

Alyssa 08/04/03

http://Alyayde.bebo.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 2:22pm
If I find the treasures crap also,i am not too fussed as theres 20 pairs and I will have some washables byu then.It was such a long time ago since BF Xander i have forgotten whihc ones worked and which ones didnt for me.i guess it depends on ur milk supply as to how quickly they absorb???
BECS

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 3:01pm
Hey Becs, when is this baby coming?!? Sending her some hurry up vibes...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 4:38pm
i used johnson's disposables until they appeared to revamp their pads and make them more expensive. now i use the tommee tippee washable. definitely cheaper!!!

hated treasures. used to soak through so fast and end up with huge wet patches despite breast pads.

i don't like the ones with the sticky strip as boobs often move and pads stay still... hrmmm... found free ones easier to place.
angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 8:09pm
Yep I used the tommee tippee washable ones. For the first 6 weeks or so I had disposables - soggy yukky things that they are! Make sure you buy the shaped type, you can get the flat ones for cheaper but I dont know how they would sit under your bra???

Edited by angel
Aimee
Ella - 5.5 years old!
Toby - nearly 3 years old!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 8:34pm
I am trying to make her come out Emma,HONEST.
BECS

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 5:12pm
That's interesting - most of you say the treasures disposable pads are next to useless... I found the same thing with Kiya... didn't bother buying them this time at all. I've been using the johnson disposables. My sister in law swears by the treasures ones though - she said the johnson's ones are too thick and obvious under her tops! Personally I'd rather people know I've got a breast pad in my bra than have a wet patch on my top!
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 11:30pm
I had the pigeon ones....which are sooo cheap over here, but really expensive in NZ, they were brilliant......as are maternity pads cut in half stuffed down your top.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 2:34pm
ha! very resourceful... never thought of doing that!

Edited by nikkiwhyte
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 7:51pm
lol lizzle - did that couple of times when we ran out and suddenly found that i didn't have another box in the cupboard like i had thought.. also, if you are really stuck, a couple of circles cut out of a nappy work REALLY great till you can get to the supermarket.

treasures suck.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2005 at 10:11pm
here you go delanyhoes.... some info on breast pads..

Delaneyhoes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delaneyhoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 9:45am
Very interesting, I also found that the treasures suck! I think from memory I used Johnsons last time and they were ok, but the cost was unreal when you feed for months on end. I will definitly look at getting some of the reusable one.
Cheers for bumping up the topic for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>