FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPanicking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 8:37am
Let him be in deinal.. he will come round.. if you try and force him he will get resentful - give him time.. just like you need time too.. to get his head round the idea.. and he will appreciate it. It's a big thing to get your head around.. jumping from 1 to 2 kids. and yep, you can talk to us on here.
same with your mum.. she will get used to the idea.. i spose sometimes mum's want more for their daughters.. but what they don't realise it that nowdays as long as we put our hearts into it, we can be succesful mums as well as have careers etc. "baby making machine" though.. is a bit harsh.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Sponsored Links

bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 2:28pm
hey

good on you for telling both of them now they can have time to get used to the idea of another baby if there is one.we all like to hear how everyone gets on with things so yeah we are always here to chat.

Rachel & Brianna
lou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 2:44pm

We can't always plan these things, but in a few years time you will look back and wonder what you were so worried about.  You will be just fine.  A tip for when you take the next test - take it using your first pee in the morning.  It helps to give a clearer result if you are

All the best

Mother to two beautiful children - Sophie age 6 and Ephraim age 4

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 3:20pm
dont forget you were panicked and in denial when you first thought you might be too, so your partners reaction is normal... also men have this weird brain and his first thoughts are probably going to be along the lines of "how am i going to support my family now". as for your mum, shell get over it, i mean who can resist a newborn.

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 4:21pm
I read part of these posts to my husband, and his response was "and baby making machine's a bad thing?"

In all seriousness, your mum will come round - and it's not like she's got any say in the matter anyway! Once your partner has got used to the idea, he'll be more supportive of you.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
kas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 5:02pm

Give him time he will come round, besides he did help in putting the baby in there.  It will all work itself out your mum will also come round, and i agree who can resist a newborn. 

Hang in there and keep on smiling. 

Nicky08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicky08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 8:44pm
My partner had the same reaction with our first baby! and so did my mum now look at her shes the granny who has being putting all the post on here about her lovely granson haha. Hang in there things will sort there self out eventually. good luck
http://nickybeeching.bebo.com
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 2:42am
I think we as the mums are a bit luckier. We haev a lot longer to get used to the ideas. I was used to having to put the baby before myself long before my husband had to think about the same kinda things. I was used to the fact that we would have a baby before he was. Guys are a bit slow!!
bub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:25am
my partner left me wen i fell pregnant with our daughter but as soon as it came close to having her he started getting more interested after i had her he fell in love with her straight away and wouldnt change anything for the world now. im sure things will all work out for the best.they just need time well you do to
hang in there you will all get through it.
goodluck.

Rachel & Brianna
mother to Brianna, Amelia & Mathew.

nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 5:56pm
hannah's dad is still in denial that she is his kid.
boys are stupid.

[i think i'm a bit bitter and twisted!]

i wish you the best of luck and i'm sure everything will work out fine and dandy. a lot can happen in 9 months!!!

daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 7:06pm
Nikki, you are allowed to be a little bitter - I was too, Kiya's biological father is also still in denial. Just remember, ladies, that this is their 2nd child, so there's a lot less chance that he'll leave! I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but us cynics must remember not everyone is going to go through all the crap we did.

I bet it won't be long before you come home, Toni, and your partner either tells you he was looking at baby stuff or has actually bought something!
kas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 8:08pm

I would be bitter and twisted if my partner did the whole denial thing but thank god i dont have to worry about that.  My husband is the best man in the world and couldn't be more supportive we had our first child when he was 17 got married when he 21 and now we are having twins, people said that we were too young but i think it is safe to say we have proved them wrong and lucky for me i found someone who isn't into party's or getting pissed every weekend.  I think i got one of the good one's.

Toni hope everything is slowly getting better for you and your man and that he is getting used to the idea a bit more every day

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 10:47pm
Well I went to the doctor's today. He hasn't been able to confirm it yet I think because it is too early. When I got pregnant with Alex I found out at 4 weeks I just had a feeling the same with this one. My partner Spencer is still kinda shocked but I know he will be ok. I havn't told anyone else in the family because I have a history of miscarriage (two babies gone but not forgotten).
He loves Me & our son very much so I'm positive that he will be the same for our second baby. And if this is the one then it will be a lot earlier than planned!
I will keep you all informed if number two is on the way tho!
Thanks everyone for being oh so great
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:44pm
oh my gosh Nikki and Becs. That must be rough with the daddies! But in the end it is them who miss out! AndI'm glad your partner is feeling a little more "with it" now!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 11:26pm
don't worry, i'm working on finding hannah a better daddy
still gotta do paternity test as well tho. somehow i don't think the test will make a difference with chris, but atleast he'll be forced by the IRD to be financially responsible for hannah.
the thing that sucks is that chris's family wants to meet hannah but can't while he doesn't want anything to do with her.

toni... glad everything is getting better! i think even your mum will come around... grandmothers always do
Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 9:21am
dont mean to be nosy nikki but why cant his family meet hannah just cause he dont want to (is it some legal thing?) it must be hard for them knowing they have a grandchild they cant be family to.

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 10:02am
When Willie and I split up when Maya was 3 mths old he asked for a DNA test, but when I told him how much it cost he suddenly realised how much Maya actually looks like him
But as I said in another post, I have always been lucky that his family accept both Maya and I even when he was being a complete idiot. His sister even told me off for not bringing Maya to see them, and when I went to court for custody of Maya they were really supportive.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 10:41am
i feel sorery for the dad's parents sometimes. as Nikki says, sometimes the parents want to get involved but fee like they can't if the dad is stupid....must be the same when dad takes off huh! Boys ARE stupid. I will make it my duty to make sure jake is smart!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 1:32pm
hehe i was quite glad when i had a girl... someone to be a man hater along with me!

well... i think it is time for me to tell my story... sorry toni, completely cahnged your topic to be all about me me me!

hannah's dad and i were never together - brief summer fling, all fun and games! i was really good friends with chris's little sister [that's how i knew him]. i found out i was pregnant at 16 weeks, i'd had an inkling i was pregnant but thought at the most i was 8 weeks. chris didn't take the whole pregnancy thing very well, being a free ranger and in that nasty boy stage of sleeping with whoever he could get his hands on (i wasn't sleeping with him by this stage!) his sister also took it very badly because she thought i wasn't taking the pregnancy seriously enough (i react really calmly to the craziest situations!) and when i decided to keep the baby they all went off their rockers and tried to tell me to get an abortion blah blah blah... i was at otago uni, so i'd been drinking before i found out (as you do at otago) and they pulled that one on me too "you are so selfish bringing a child into this world that might have fetal alcohol syndrome" etc etc but for some reason i didn't feel right abou thavign a termination, especially as it was so far through. (i had a week to make a decision about keeping the baby)

anywayyy... i'll skip the rest because i could go on forever... but i talked to pip (chris's sister) the other day and we kinda sorted things out between us. (her and chris don't talk anymore) and zoe (chris's mum) rang me after i talked to pip and told me how much she wanted to see hannah but didn't feel right abou tit until chris accepts that he is her father... which probably won't happen until after the paternity tests, if at all.

in the mean time i get to watch my lovely daughter grow up and even through all this crap, i know that i got the best end of the deal!
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 1:55pm
Of course you got the best end of the deal!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>