FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHamilton Play Group

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Gwyn_n_Pete View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwyn_n_Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 2:28pm
Hey Lizzle! I havn't been able to get anywhere near a computer for ages! How is your search for a playgroup goin'? Hope it's goin well. How's Jake doin'? Has he cut anymore teeth yet? Gracie still hasn't got any yet. She's crawling now though which is cool but man talk about having eyes in the back of your head! hahaha.
Gwyn
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gracejenkins
Sponsored Links

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 11:05am
Hi Gwyn

Jake is good. He has two teeth now. Wow Gracie is good, crawling this early!! Jake is nearly craawling, but tends just to get frustrated. He can move himself in a circle and backwards, but not closer to the tv or the remotes that he REALLy wants to get to.   So then he yells and screams. Didn't help last week he got a BCG vaccination and has this nasty scar. they rub meddicine on his arm then pucnture it twice with a needle grid thing. it looks like he was leaning on something sharp. He has two - nine needle marks on his arm. Anyway, it got really red and tender - as it's supposed to - but meant that he couldn't put any pressure on it, and that when he roklled over in the night, he'd wake himself up.

Howeverthis week is going much better for sleeping. Is Grace sleeping through the night?
Gwyn_n_Pete View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwyn_n_Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 9:54am
What was the big injection for?! Sounds pretty traumatising! Poor little guy! I'm taking Gracie for her 5 month immunisations next week. Yeah Gracie sleeps through the night, she has been since she was about 6 weeks. She has the odd night where she doesn't sleep through, she had a cold last week so had a couple of fussy nights but nothing too serious. She sleeps from bout 8pm to 730am so she's a pretty good sleeper. I think she tires herself out during the day LOL. How's Jakes sleeping?
Gwyn
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gracejenkins
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 12:54am
jake goes to sleep every night at nine....no problem. Then wakes again at 12...drinks 200mls of milk......goes to sleep, back at 4-5, another bottle, and up at 9am...anoither bottle.
At my doctors suggestion he has solids.....no difference. He's slept through the night about twice. Drives me crazy as he wakes up about an hour before I have to get up to get ready for work, then keeps me up, then just as my alarm rings, he drifts off peacefully. in the morning as I wake I really despise my husband for being able to sleep in. as you may have guessed, I'm not a morning person!!!

Anyway, the injection is for BCG, don't ask, i have no idea what it means. My midwife in New Zealand suggessted having it too, for when we returned to NZ but was a little reluctant to give it to such a small baby at that time..no idea how they administer it there.
nikkitheknitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2005 at 9:55am
that's a lot of waking! poor you lizzle!

is it hot over in japan?
my kidlet wakes when she gets cold. i've been wrapping her up good and proper so she can't escape and wake me up!
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 2:03am
jake's a hot boy!! It;s spring now so the temp is up a bit. When he was first born, we always made sure we put on an extra layer than me, as we were told.....then he got heat rash! So now, i put him in the same amount of clothing as me and he's fine. at the moment he has a temp so he's in a singlet lying on top of the blankets and perfectly fine.
I've decided the best present for anyone having a baby is concealer for those attractive under eye bags.
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 1:22pm
That's a really good idea!.. or maybe just a paper bag for those days that no matter what you do to make yourself look better you still look like chuckie's bride!

Hey for those mummies in Hamilton.. we are thinking pretty strongly about moving up there once i graduate - I am applying to waikato hospital's new grad program as well as palmy's so it's just a matter of who wants me basically. what i need to know is.. what are the house prices like, for renting or buying.. a decent 3 bedroom with at least a medium sized yard? also, how many daycares are around? and is it really important to have a car or are there still ways and means of getting about.. palmy is so much smaller and i only have my learners.. so if we move i figure i will need my licence by then.. also if we are gonna move it will be pretty short notice to get into daycares.. like i dunno, 2 months or something. it's crazy.. a year away.. and yet we have to start thinking about it all now.
Janine and her 2 cool chicks, Paris & Ayja

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 2:37pm
hehe paper bag would be handy!

i don't think hamilton house prices are too bad... but that's as far as my knowledge goes.

exciting moving! you'll be with your sister!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikkitheknitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 2:38pm
and lizzle... maybe jake just likes your company in the middle of the night! i feel for ya tho
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2005 at 7:49pm
I put bob the builder in the cot, and dumbo...maybe he'll prefer them.
daikini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 11:21am
I don't know what Palmy house prices are like, but in Hamilton it depends on the area you are in... there's some areas you DONT want to live if you can help it, but for the most part, it's about $250+ per week for a 3bedroom place with a yard of some sort. There are cheaper places, but be picky! In Melville, (the suburb nearest the hospital) there are some really nice places for $250-300, and its one of those suburbs that isn't a bad place to live (we would live there if that's where we'd ended up) but at the same time it isn't exclusive by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't know about daycare, sorry... the buses are pretty good during the day, but the routes all finish at the transport centre (the main bus depot) in town at about 6:30pm and thats it.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know, or just ask if you have any questions... I've lived in Hamilton for 4 years now.
Becca, mum of 2 girls & 3 boys
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 1:07pm
kewl, yep we would want something close to the hospital - i did notice they have a daycare right next to the hospital but i would assume that would be full of all the docs/nurses kiddies - and therefore be pretty hard to get my babies into at a moments notice.

and yep - Nikki that's the main reason we want to move - to be near my sister.. we wanna get out of Palmy, and my sis and I miss each other heaps cos we are pretty close.. so that way I'll still have some support networks up there too. (she lives between Matamata and Cambridge)

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 4:42pm
hey, wasn't it your sister having the problems with her little one? How is everything going? If it's too sensitive at the moment, ignore me completely!
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 8:30pm
nope that's fine.. it was my little sis having probs. I have 4 sisters lol.. the one in hamilton is 10 yrs older than me.. she's kewl.

mum has guardianship, little sis had moved to feilding with some friends.. about all i know right now.. am staying out of it. lol. but baby is in hospital right now cos he's got bronchiolitis. it's all fun and games in our family (the reason i don't want heaps of kids.. less kids, less dramas, lol).

toniellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toniellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 10:51pm
Hey there I would like to know how the play group is going? I'm going to be moving to Waharoa at the end of May and although Matamata is closer it would be nice to meet up with some people from here.
Hey Lizzle what part of Japan are you in? My uncle Pete lives over there (can't remember exactly where right now) with his Japanese wife and they are expecting their first son together in about a month. His name is going to be Daniel Desmond. I can't wait to have a new cousin even if he is younger than my son! :-p
Mum to Alex (11), Blaire (10) & Erika (8) and Damien (6)

Successful HWB VBA2Cs!
Soon to be surrogate
lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 2:32am
Hi Toni - I'm in chiba, about 40mins from Tokyo! Hey janine, we just came back from the doctor - Jake has bronchitis too!! Luckily just milkd, but i felt like such an overprotective mum when we went to the doctor. Jake, who had been all grumpy and obviously feeling bad, found new faces to entertain and became a picture of health, jumping around, singing and giggling. I had to constantly say to the nurse - "I swear, he had a fever this morning, he has a bad cough"
Xander&Harmony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander&Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 8:42am
Lizzle,its always the way with kids lol,they are all sick and show the signs wheh u r at home,but turn up to the dr and they are all happy and playful lol.
BECS

Angel Baby 10/07/09 (10wks4days)
mum2paris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mum2paris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 8:43am
yep Paris is the same when she's sick - the minute we walk into the doctors office she's a picture of health.. ARGH! i think it may have something to do with the kewl playground and slide set they have there.. we are beginning to think she pretends to be sick so she can go and play.lol.

Which one has Jake got? there's two different ones.. Bronchitis, which is mild.. and Bronchiolitis..which is pretty full on and highly contagious for littlies.. hence why we haven't been up to visit him. either way it's still not nice for parent or child..

lizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 1:42pm
well, i guess it is bronchitis as he is allowed to go to daycare today as long as he takes his medicine.
melz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 4:22pm
You never know Lizzle, being sick may help Jake sleep better - as long as the coughing isn't too bad - and may start a routine!

You may have to start being a mean mummy and not giving his nighttime bottle. My darling daughter would have a bottle at about 3am until we finally had enough at about 7 months. We thought that because she was drinking it, she was hungry but it was just her being a guts. Some magazines suggest slowly watering the milk down -if he is on formula, or only giving him a bottle of water so that he thinks it isn't worth getting up. That didn't work with Angie she would just drink the water!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>