FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTtc after miscarriage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Keatslaur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keatslaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ttc after miscarriage
    Posted: 25 January 2018 at 11:01pm
Hey ladies, so long story and a few questions.

I was 10 weeks when I felt like something was wrong. I insisted on a scan and we found that my baby had died at 8w. My body didn’t want to give up being pregnant so 3 weeks later I made the decision (with strong advice from my midwife) to have an erpoc (a d&c but with suctio ). My body STILL thinks it’s pregnant, positive hpt slowly fading thankfully. A few questions.

1. I was intimate with my partner when I first stopped bleeding (around 6 days after surgery), all went well, no pain, felt really good to finally be close again after so long - I know it’s not recommended and we didn’t do it to try to conceive, question being could we have conceived if I wasn’t ovulating? (I don’t know a lot about it all As never really taken the time to do researc)

2. I started doing ovulation strip testing mainly out of curiousity. It looked like I had a string ovulation surge 10 days after my surgery (we had sex that day coincidebtally) before I tested. Was it really a surge or just my body flushing hormones etc

3. Should I expect my period around the same time that I recieved my surgery (as my periods were regular before I got pregnant)

4. I’ve taken antibiotics as a preventative measure because we had sex early to ensure I don’t get an infection, will this stuff my chances of conceiving?

5. Will my body reject a pregnancy because I haven’t had 1 full cycle?

6. Is it a high chance to miscarry again?

7. Is it usual to not have a follow up after a surgery like this? I went to the doctor and asked if I needed hcg testing she said no, she did t want to do any other testing and I haven’t even heard from the hospital eg no discharge summary etc, my only advice has come from google or the quick 5 minute visit to the doctor about a skin related issue in which I let her know what had happened (hospital/midwife didn’t last my details back to my gp).

8. Because my hormones are still high and I’m still getting positive hpt, if I do get pregnant how will I know? Other than the obvious, symptoms (if I get any) and when I start to grow.

9. Is there anything else I should know? I mean I’m not usually niece but I was so so upset going into the surgery I didn’t know what to ask or what questions to specifically ask about, I’ve never miscarried before, I have a 7 year old of which was a healthy day pregnancy and birth.

Thank you so much for reading this huge post and for offering some unbiased, friendly and supportive advice.
Sponsored Links

Keatslaur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keatslaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2018 at 11:03pm
Sorry some spelling errors, hopefully you can read past them. I have fat fingers!!
 Post Reply Post Reply