FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe impact of circumcision

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Felicity201982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felicity201982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The impact of circumcision
    Posted: 22 March 2016 at 1:48pm
Hey all,
I'm really hoping for some of your opinions/thoughts. I'm wondering if any of you are aware of the emotional and physical effects that boys in NZ face when they've been circumcised at a young age.
Me, I'm not really for it. I'm currently pregnant (still too early to know what I'm having) and have two girls so this subject has always been something my husband and I have discussed without needing to do anymore about it. However if this little bundle turns out to be a boy then my husband is strongly of the opinion that he should be circumcised (for his religious reasons). I on the other hand am not religious at all and the thought of doing this really concerns me for my possible sons state of mind in a country where this procedure is so uncommon.

Can anyone shed some light on what they've seen in regards to young boys being circumcised and how they seem to be dealing with it?
Sponsored Links

Jack218729 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack218729 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2016 at 3:16pm
HI there, This is probably to late?? I hope not..
to start I'm 24 years old and I'm circumised and I can tell you that's the mental effects on my childhood were horrible. sounds silly I know but In New Zealand and else, where it's rare children have no comprehension of what circumsision is.
So imagine a young boy in a school changing room or swimming pool, getting changed and another boy sees his penis that's monumental different and he then realiases an important part of him is different. I went through school so self conious and embarrased.
as an adult I researched circumcision and found that it's the male equivalent of a clitoris.

hope it helps
 Post Reply Post Reply