FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 584585586587588 593>
Author
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 9:48pm
Hey Roubaix. Good luck with your FET! We briefly discussed PGS and I think were quoted a few thousand per batch (up to 8 or something). Take that with a grain of salt though!
Sponsored Links

Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 11:14am
Wow, not cheap! On top of at least $12k for the IVF, and then the FET.
TTC #1 from 2012. Unexplained.
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN
IVF2 Oct '15- BFP, 3 frosties. DD born Aug '16

TTC #2
FET1 BFN, FET2 CP, FET3 cancelled
IVF3 Oct '18- FET1 BFN, FET2 BFN
IVF4 May '19- BFP, 1 frosty
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 6:56pm
Fairylight - wow that's crazy. You would think since you are using it for your own use then it becomes your choice. I hope it changes too.
The name is my hubbys Nick name for his first DD (step daughter)
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2018 at 8:05am
Roubaix, yep expensive! And the results from PGS are often confusing or inconclusive. We decided on that basis not to bother using it.
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2018 at 12:00pm
No FET today. Last one didn't survive the thaw. :(
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN

TTC #2
Robyn30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robyn30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2018 at 1:25pm
I'm new here, I have been following the forum for a long time, I just wanted to contribute some hope. Sorry about your FET Roubaix, keep trying, it never makes any sense but keep at it. I went through my first IVF cycle at 40+yrs, luckily got six embryo's frozen, one was CP, one didn't thaw, the rest failed except the final one!
We thought PGS may help but considering they were graded, the last one which would have been the least favourite ended up working and I now have my DD to show for it. You just never know, I lost all hope, but was determined to keep going, it is a lottery. We are now considering another round due to my age sooner than later.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 8:21pm
Oh Roubaix sorry to hear it didn't make it!
Hi Robyn, welcome to the group!
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2018 at 3:22pm
Oh Roubaix, I'm so sorry your embryo didn't make it.

Hi Robyn. Congrats on your daughter. Hope you have a success on any new round.
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2018 at 8:15pm
Hey hey, just realised I haven't checked in in ages - it's been a busy few weeks!

Congrats JM on your BFP - I hope it's all smooth sailing from here!

Sorry for your CP and failed thaw Roubaix :'(  Yay for making the public wait list but yeah boo that it takes so long.

Nice to see you Mushroom! Sorry to hear your little one isn't sleeping through though, sleep deprivation is tough!!!  It's funny though, I always think mums who have experienced infertility are more grateful and complain less

Hi Robyn, congrats on your little miracle. Fingers crossed the next one comes more quickly for you.

I'm just plugging away at another monitored/OI cycle, had scan today with 2 good follicles so I suppose that's good. This is our third monitored cycle; if we do 10 apparently we will get back on the public funding wait list, meanwhile we are maximising our chances of getting pregnant naturally.
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2018 at 1:31pm
Good luck with the monitored cycle, Star!
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2018 at 10:17am
Hope your monitored cycle is going ok Star.

We've decided to go ahead with another round of IVF while we wait for public funding. And we're going to do the genetic screening - I'm not super keen, especially as it means a long treatment cycle with the maximum dose of stims, and more delays (the first FET won't be until at November at the earliest). But we realised that I'd feel less bad from the treatment than I would from the guilt if we got to the nuchal scan and found chromosomal abnormalities and then had to make the decision whether to continue with the pregnancy - which could have been avoided if I'd been prepared to put up with a longer, harder treatment cycle.
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN

TTC #2
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2018 at 2:02pm
Sounds like a well thought through decision Roubaix. November will be here before you know it!

I had a little blood when I woke up yesterday morning but was only day 22... trying not to get my hopes up but it ran through my mind it could be implantation bleeding... We are on holiday in Fiji at the moment and it’s awesome, so relaxing!
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2018 at 12:21pm
Fingers crossed for you Star! I'm very jealous of your sunny location right now
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN

TTC #2
Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2018 at 3:04pm
Sweetpea I tried to private message you but couldn't I just wanted to pick your brain about weaning off the boob, we also want to go back for number 2 but need to wean onto formula first. Bubs is 5 and a half months old and still waking 2-3 times a night for a feed unless he's going thru development stuff like atm he's up hourly and demanding boob each time so I dunno how to manage that on formula? Feel free to email me instead if you like knicg@hotmail.com

To everyone else good luck on your journey hang in there!
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2018 at 10:29pm
No such luck... was just my period coming. Apparently I lost count of what day it was while on holiday 🙄 Back to reality this week and kicking off another monitored cycle.

Good luck with the weaning Faith.
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2018 at 3:24pm
Oh that's disappointing Star.

Sorry Faith, I can't help specifically with the night time weaning as DD had stopped night feeds before I weaned. But in general (which probably isn't that helpful or new!)... I dropped feeds one at a time, with a week in between each one to allow boobs to cope. It took about a month for her to be completely on formula. With the first one to be dropped, I mixed expressed milk with formula for a few feeds but she never seemed bothered by the different taste so switched to completely formula pretty quickly. Good luck!
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN

TTC #2
Robyn30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robyn30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2018 at 9:26pm
So sorry to hear news Star :-( keep trying.

Faith - I am weaning to formula at the moment, started with daytime feeds, its taken a month so far. I am doing it so I can start another IVF cycle, it may not be until later in the year/early next year but will need to get my body back to normal.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2018 at 9:05pm
Faith, I'm so sorry. Just popped in. I have sent you an email. I'm on Clairew_11@hotmail.com if you need me. But I do agree with Roubaix. I dropped one feed, during the day I think and that was formula then 3-4days later dropped another one. Then waited a week for the next to allow my boobs to adjust. You will get the hang of it as you drop one feed more and more.

Star, sorry to hear!
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2018 at 1:31pm
Hey ladies....
Today I am struggling with our next step. Today AF has started and it is the our cycle we can transfer on. Our bub is now 10mnths and we can move forward if we want. Hubby has said it's my choice. He is happy with 2 or happy to have more. I currently have no idea... I think I want more but I am not sure if I'm ready for the drugs and everything again....
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2018 at 9:54pm
Ahh sweetpea, decisions decisions! I’m guessing by now you will have either called the clinic or decided not to this month. I get what you mean about not being sure if you’re ready but I know myself they every time I’ve delayed things I’ve kicked myself in hindsight. I mean it might be soon if it all goes to plan but when does this fertility journey ever go to plan?! I vote take every opportunity you’re given... Persomally I don’t think I could leave a frostie without transferring it, the “what if” would always be nagging in the back of my mind. That could be stupidity though if we had too much luck! Thinking of you x

Edited by *Star* - 17 September 2018 at 10:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 584585586587588 593>