FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTTC for 12 months +

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 586587588589590 593>
Author
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2018 at 10:21pm
Hey peeps! Sorry I’m a bit slack at checking in these days...

Welcome back Storm - sorry to hear no miracles have come your way this year but here’s to the funded IVF being your golden ticket! 🤞🏻

Dumb that you couldn’t go ahead with PGS Roubaix but hey 2 frosties is 2 chances! Here’s hoping you can get in before Xmas.

Great news about being able to use your frozen embryos under the public funding Faith. 🤞🏻for you too!

We are on OI (letrozole) cycle 7 of the 9 we have to do to get our last few points for public funding. We get to go unmonitored for these last 3, yay for a saving there! Today I found out the Dunedin wait list has gone from 9 months to 12 though... boo!

Has anyone here done lipidol flush? Now and then I see articles about it being effective for people with endo. I asked my FA Dr about it today and she said they can arrange it but didn’t sound convinced.
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
TTC#2: FET Feb 2018: BFN. 9x letrozole all BFN. IVF Feb 2019: BFN.
Sponsored Links

Faith_Chch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2018 at 10:05am
I dunno about lipidol but I had a saline scan where they flushed my tubes but didn't help at all. Not sure if it's the same thing tho.
Sweetpea11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2018 at 9:19pm
Hey ladies! Haven't been in for a few weeks and it's all on!

Hey Storm. Nice to hear from you. Glad the public funding has started!

Faith, yay for the weaning and appointments. Looks like all is moving forward well for you.

ADN I am sorry to read your loss. I am sending bug hugs your way and hope your ok.

Hi to you others.

AFM, at the moment still on hold till I'm ready. I seen a new born in a shop the other day and felt my ovaries pull and then it started to cry. They hurt more! I think I will be ready for another one before I know it. It's funny how little things trigger you....
#1 was natural after 14months of TTC
TTC#2 Jun 12
IVF #1 July 16 - 8 frosties
FET#1 Sept - CP
FET#2 Jan 17 - BFP, DD born Oct 17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2018 at 6:26am
Faith, something popped in to my brain last night that you will only be able to transfer 1 on a public funded cycle. Unless over 42 (I think). I remember wondered about this when we started and asked the question about it. Maybe different for you as in different place bit that is what I was told.
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 7:27pm
Hey sweetpea, yes now it's under public I will only be able to transfer one but I think I would of chosen that anyway.
But thanks for thinking of me hehe
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2018 at 2:06pm
Storm - they wanted me to go on the BCP but I can't (for a variety of reasons), so I had to do the long down-regulation protocol with buserelin instead. But they did say that during that course I might or might not get a period, and that it might or might not be different than normal. I know that's not what you're doing, but they said the same thing again when we didn't do a transfer and it kind of sounded like "when it comes to messing with the timing of your natural cycle, anything goes, and it's all normal".

Star - I haven't done the lipiodol flushing, but it sounds like it's one of those things that there isn't huge evidence to say it definitely works, but not any to say that it doesn't either, so could be worth a shot? Great that you get to go unmonitored now. Does that mean fewer bloodtests? I don't mind getting them done, but I'm finding lately that I bruise more and more easily - either the phlebotomists are getting worse or my veins are ruined! Anyone else having this problem?

Sweetpea - sounds like you're almost back on the emotional rollercoaster that is TTC!!
TTC #1 from 2012. Unexplained.
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN
IVF2 Oct '15- BFP, 3 frosties. DD born Aug '16

TTC #2
FET1 BFN, FET2 CP, FET3 cancelled
IVF3 Oct '18- FET1 BFN, FET2 BFN
IVF4 May '19- BFP, 1 frosty
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2018 at 10:01pm
Hey Roubaix, yeah my veins went all hard and more painful for blood tests when I was getting them regularly - dumb huh. They came right again after a good break though. Has only been 1 a month lately so that’s no sweat but yeah unmonitored means none at all!

Two more letrazole cycles to go... we’ve decided we’ll then pay for a round of IVF while we wait once we get on the public wait list. Which should be Feb... not far away but past the silly season at least.

One thing I don’t like about letrazole is how heavy and painful it makes the first day or two of my period. Day 3 now and not so bad thank goodness.

How is IVF going Storm? Have the new drugs done their thing?

Thinking of you all x

Edited by *Star* - 10 December 2018 at 10:09pm
TTC#1 from 2013. Stage 2 endometriosis removed. IVF #1: 1x BFN, 1x CP. natural BFP - DD born Dec 2016.
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2018 at 3:44pm
Thanks for all the love, everyone!

Hope everyone is coping with all the holiday celebrations. This time of year can be so hard. Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a bright and fertile 2019!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith_Chch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2018 at 1:17pm
Merry Christmas everyone!

We had planned to do a frozen transfer right at the start of February but I was feeling nauseous so took a test and BFP!!! Still in absolute shock and freaking out a little that I'm not having all the tests I did with the IVF pregnancy but definitely the best Christmas present!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2019 at 2:00pm
Happy New Year's ladies!

Congrats Faith that's super news! Great present alright
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 12:22pm
Happy New Year everyone!

Congratulations Faith that's amazing news! Great to come here for this first time this year (back at work but clearly not yet working properly) and see that news

How's everyone else doing?

Star - are you planning on starting IVF in Feb, or is that when you'll get on the public list?

Storm - how'd your round go? Hopefully you're just waiting on PGS results?

AFM - I had been hoping to do a FET in December, but AF was over a week late so well and truly missed the holiday cut-off. I'm normally like clockwork so I assume it was just my body taking a month to get over IVF but it would have been nice if it had played along for once. I'm not someone who usually sees much significance in a new year/birthday etc (what makes it any different from the day before?) but this year it really hit me that I can now say I'll be 40 next year. It also didn't help that I had a sister staying with me who kindly caught me up on what's happening with old friends/colleagues... and proceeded to list all the pregnancies and babies. As you can imagine, I particularly appreciated her comment of "who else has had a baby? No, that's it. 4 babies". And then there's my sister-in-law who has just started a round of IVF in Australia. On an intellectual level, I completely understand and support what she's doing - she really wants a child and knows that this is going to be the only way that it could happen as she's over 40 and is single (and has been for a very long time). And I think she's fairly realistic about her chances. So good on her for being proactive and making a fairly courageous decision. BUT I'm struggling to deal with the possibility that she might get pregnant and I might not. I know it shouldn't matter but it does. And it really shouldn't matter that our FET (I'm day 2 now) will be about the same time as her transfer if her IVF goes according to plan. I actually contemplated holding off a month so we wouldn't be so close but decided it was stupid to delay our plans because of someone else (see, I am capable of being rational).

Sorry for the negativity - I just need to be able to vent my emotions to people who will understand and won't judge me! (Or at least I hope you won't )
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN

TTC #2
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2019 at 10:21am
That's amazing news, Faith! Hope all is going well.

Totally get where you're coming from, Roubaix. It's certainly super tough. Hoping this FET is the one for you.
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2019 at 10:23pm
Hey Roubaix. Don’t feel bad for feeling frustration, jealousy or any of the emotions that come with this cruel journey. None of it’s fair. And those who have not experienced infertility will never know the heartache, pain and tears. Plus your hormones are probably still out of whack following the IVF drugs which may be making things seem worse than usual. Best of luck for your FET, I have my fingers and toes crossed this is the one for you!!!

Yes we are going to do a private round of IVF in Feb, and at the same time jump on the public wait list so if it fails we should be up for a public round about a year later. Funny though, since we made the commitment to do IVF, sex has been the best we’ve had in years! Maybe it’s that reduction in pressure, knowing we are effectively handing the reins over to science for a bit, so it’s no longer ‘all on us’, haha!

Awesome news Faith - congrats! I hope the first trimester is not treating you too badly.

Edited by *Star* - 24 January 2019 at 10:25pm
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2019 at 5:34pm
Haha star. Totally get the sex being better without the pressure!

AFM - bfn
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN

TTC #2
AnyDayNow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnyDayNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 9:47am
So sorry Roubaix :( What's next steps?

Star, good luck for your next round! When do you start?
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2019 at 2:42pm
Sorry to hear that Roubaix - dumb!!!

Day 1 for me today. I start on the pill this week, estimated EC week of 11 Mar
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2019 at 11:00am
Good luck Star!

Day 1 for me today. Going ahead with our final FET. If this one doesn't work, we'll go ahead with a public round of IVF when our turn comes in about June. I was pretty disappointed that the last one didn't stick as it was the best looking embryo we've ever had so my hopes were higher than usual. But my stress levels have probably been a bit higher than usual too - sick husband and child, work uncertainty (possible redundancies on the horizon) - so I'm thinking I might take some time off after this transfer so I can just take things quietly and look after myself.
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN

TTC #2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweetpea11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 5:56am
Roubaix, sorry to hear the BFN. But good luck with the current one. Time off sounds like a great idea. Getting caught up in life is hard at times and I think sometimes we need to slow down and take care of ourselves and more so on this journey!

Star, good luck with this round.

AFM, I have been popping in and out to check on you ladies and see how things are rolling. I also found a group on FB and I have no idea what took me so long to get on it or look... but it's nice to have ladies whom get it and for me to still feel part of it all even though. We haven't talked much about trying another frostie but we did say around June. That's is coming up fast and I am still not sure on where I stand with it all. Emotions are so hard at times.... Hi to you all

Edited by Sweetpea11 - 14 February 2019 at 5:59am
TTC#2 Jun 12
FET#1 Sept - CP
*Star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2019 at 9:42pm
Good luck Roubaix! Everything crossed for you...

Hey sweetpea, you will know when it’s right. I might have to look on Facebook - it’s getting a bit quiet in here these days
Roubaix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roubaix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2019 at 10:42am
Thanks ladies. Transfer is scheduled for Wednesday.

How are you going Star? You must be about due to start stims?

I looked on facebook a while ago but couldn't find anything. Might have to try again with different search criteria, because it is definitely quiet here these days
IVF1 Sep '15- BFN

TTC #2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 586587588589590 593>