FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNEW! Waiting for Ovulation thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2013 at 8:48pm
Oh, sorry, it says so on your ticker too! Doh! It can get so frustrating hey? It seems to happen so easily for others. Hang in there, it will happen for you too. You will look back and see that the timing was perfect in the end. xx

2 Angels - Aug '12 & Mar '13 Always in our hearts.
Sponsored Links

MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2013 at 10:16pm
I know what you mean about the old biological clock ticking away, I don't think I'm even that old (or I wasn't when we started TTC'n for our first) but it still sits there ticking away....

Hope it happens for you soon BabyV, it took around 10 cycles for my first DD... I think this is now my 8th for this time around.  Lots of EWCM here right when I thought I would get it so hoping this is the month!  

Come on Huhu#3 ...~Chem Apr 13~
Spitfire19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spitfire19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 8:02am
Hmmm, was expecting OV by now, but not getting the same symptoms... so either I'm having a longer cycle or my body has changed it's mind on letting me know
tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 8:35am
Isn't this all a bit tricky? I had surgery to remove polyps on Friday. I am CD10 and have had a huge amount of EWCM, tinged with blood, both in the middle of the night and this morning. So it's hard to tell whether it's ov stuff happening or from the surgery. Whatever the case, I really do not feel like BDing! Ick!

MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 5:20pm
Oh bummer Spitfire - do you use OPK's?  Some months may just be a bit off, I've had one or two of those.

Tan - how are you feeling after the surgery?  No idea if it would be ewcm sorry but totally understandable that you don't feel like BD'n!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spitfire19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 5:49pm
MummaHuhu - we live on a pretty tight-ish budget (though in saying that, the budget does include a buttload of saving) so I'm just sticking with symptoms at the moment. So after my shower after sport this afternoon I had EWCM The rest of my follow up "symptoms" shouldn't be too far away now either.
Charly28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charly28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 6:46pm
Spitfire, lotsa things can influence OV.. Sleep, stress, diet, or your body can sometimes just do its own thing! Sometimes it releases two eggs, sometimes (rarely) we don't even OV! But as a one off its nothing to worry about if that was to happen (but annoying for sure if you're TTC)... I'm sure all of this you know :) But hopefully it helps in some way! I'm sure you will OV soon :)

AFM... Still waiting... It's only cd8 however! But strangely I felt distinct AF cramps today, soooo weird!! If it wasn't for my random mid cycle bleeding last week on cd 19 (which I've been told was most likely an early period by doctor - Yet it only lasted 2 days? Weird) I would be getting my hopes up for a BFP with cramps mid cycle (as I've had tat before when pg)!! But bleeding was heavy with clots (sorry if that's tmi for anyone) so all hope of a BFP is out the window for me, and am just waiting patiently to OV! Wish I knew why I have these dull cramps though :( too early for OV pain...
April 2013, December 2013
My Ovulation Chart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spitfire19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 7:02pm
Thanks Charly, I know :) Just frustrating when you are just trusting on nature to tell you things, not a something else that tells you (OPKs and I'm going to chuck temping in there too, we don't know that without something else to tell us). But looks like I'm back on track, so should be moving over the other way in the next day or two.

Also Charly, just incase you need them from some of the stuff said in the TWW thread. It can't be easy sometimes
Monkeydee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 7:25pm
Ladies it's tough isn't it? I'm waiting too currently on CD25 few little pangs today but when you wait this long it kinda makes you wonder if you even Ov?? My cycles have been lasting approx 40 days each one is different since I came off the pill at the start of the year so it's a waiting game, I've decided that if AF rears her ugly head this month then I'm onto Femaprin. I've no patience what so ever lol anyway according to ff I should Ov this week so we've begun the marathon and having lots of fun too I've no CM since we begun the BD is this normal does anyone know? I've never really noticed? It's only been like the last 3 days I think?
TTC since December 2012,
Unexplained
Rainbow baby due May 18 :)
MummaHuhu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MummaHuhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 7:32pm
Fair enough Spitfire, we're on a budget too, I don't use them every month, I've only just started using OPK's again after a m/c  and not being 100% sure that I'm ovulating..   frustrating that I haven't gotten a +OPK yet but the ewcm is crazy, making the most of it anyway Wink

Do you mean no CM at all Monkeydiva or only since BD'n?  

tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 8:52pm
Not sure about all this ov stuff! I had it down pat before my last m/c and now things seem all over the place. All test results that show ov have been good, it's just that the second half of my cycle is lacking in progesterone. Charly, interesting that you say other things can affect ov. I usually ov on CD18, yet, from time to time, I have EWCM on CD10. I wonder if sometimes I do actually ov early.

I have used OPK's for one cycle and I temped before I conceived the last baby. Funnily enough, the only times I haven't temped, or used OPK's I have conceived! Go figure!

Huhu - I am okay, thanks for asking. I am a bit tearful and down today - perfectly normal after general anesthetic. Just feeling really down about the journey so far and feeling like it's never going to happen. I can't really imagine jumping back in the saddle again, but if we don't, there will be no baby. I want to take it easy, but at the same time, I feel panicky about waiting because 40 is just around the corner for me. I think that fact is really playing on my mind atm.

Monkeydee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 8:58pm
Momma just since BD lol I'd be worried if I had none at all
TTC since December 2012,
Unexplained
Monkeydee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 9:51pm
Wooo hold fire lol Cm just arrived do any of you ladies find this happens after BD I mean maybe I'm just muddled with my CM coming out with DF left over swimmers lol do you know what I mean? But later on in the day I've had no CM until now. Am I just confusing everyone?
TTC since December 2012,
Unexplained
tan73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2013 at 10:26pm
Yeah I'm confused! Lol. I think the CM that we see when we wipe is not always indicative of what's going on further up. IYKWIM. Unless you examine around the cervix (which you may already do), I don't think you can know for sure. I've always gone with the belief that if there has been some wet or stretchy CM, then chances are I'm fertile for the next few days. Not sure that's right, but it has worked for me in the past.

Charly28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charly28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 12:16am
Thanks Spitfire :)

Tan, I don't think I ever ovulate same day regularly!! It's normal to fluctuate, and hey, OV at cd10 IS poss!!! Especially for those with short cycles
April 2013, December 2013
My Ovulation Chart

Monkeydee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeydee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 10:58am
Lol thanks ladies I'm off to examine myself lol
TTC since December 2012,
Unexplained
Baby V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baby V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 7:04pm
So...had a massive argument with DH last night over him not feeling like BDing last couple of nights (yes not one but BOTH nights). He feels pressure to perform and therefore can't. I tried to explain to him that TTC is all about timing etc. He would like it if we could just go back to BDing once or twice a month on a fortnightly basis and then MAGICALLY a baby will materialise!

Then, I got angry as seriously, does he really think that I feel like BDing so often either? Truth is I don't either but sometimes you just have to get it done! He then proceeded to fall asleep and left me lying there wide awake and ANGRY until about 1am. So now I'm sleep deprived, stressed and most importantly no BD in sight.

Just so everyone can get where I'm coming from exactly this is what I do currently to help us TTC:
- Temp charting
- OPKs
- CM observations
- numerous lingerie bought specially to "spice things up"
- stopped asking him for weekend mid afternoon BDing sessions as he wasn't into this time of day, changed to early morning and night time even though I DON'T prefer these times.
- watched the Great Sperm Race
- numerous hours on Google researching TTC
- full spreadsheet complete with everything we will need once we are successful with TTC comparing individual item pricing for all major baby retailers.
- don't touch of drop of alcohol during the TWW

This is what he has to do and can't:
- Get it up

I'm sorry but honestly!

Again sorry about the rant but just had to get it out. And no-one tell me to relax please

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spitfire19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 7:28pm
Is there anyway that you could get him to BD more frequently around OV without him knowing that that is the reason you want to BD? For him it might just be a case that he thinks thats the only reason you want to BD, that it's become more of a chore to him, and therefore he stresses out to make sure he does the one job, and then he can't.

Have you involved him as much (or as little) as he wants to be in the whole process? Does he know everything that you are doing to try and make everything go as planned?

Sorry, just trying to see things from his point of view (I always try to do this when I get annoyed with someone!)
Baby V View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baby V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 7:44pm
Thanks Spitfire, I know I probably sound just a bit nuts, but it's been a while now TTC so just frustrated I think

Tried your first suggestion and it worked for a while but not anymore.

He made it clear from the start that he didn't want to know any of the details of what I've been doing to help TTC so I have not been talking about it at all, which is why I find his perceived "pressure" hard to take. I showed him my first OPK excitedly a few months back and he went off at me for getting excited that it was positive as it "doesn't mean anything". Fair to say I have not shared anything else since then.

The issue seems to be more that he just has a low libido, so because we have BD'd earlier in the cycle (which I thought would help as it's being more spontaneous etc) now he can't keep going.

I know I'll have to figure this out, but as I say it just gets a bit much sometimes.

Helen119136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helen119136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 8:09pm
Hi baby v maybe he needs a bit of the "ignite for men" to get his libido up and running? Herbal supplements???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>