FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow many breastfeeds at age 1??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BikeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BikeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many breastfeeds at age 1??
    Posted: 02 August 2012 at 10:03pm
Hello
My DD has just turned one and I'm not sure what I "should" be doing with her milk feeds? She is still having 4 a day and I'm wondering if she will cut them out herself or if I'll need to wean her??
I'm interest to know what other mums are doing?
THanks
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2012 at 10:19pm
It's entirely up to you guys, if you're happy feeding her then keep feeding her. I presume you're breastfeeding?

They still do need a certain amount of "milk" a day. Be it cows milk, cheese, yoghurt or the like.
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2012 at 7:11am
There is no need to wean her if you are both happy bf! If you stop bf now you will need to be giving cows milk or formula, personally I found it so much easier to just keep on bf! Once she gets more into solids she will naturally bf less. If its working for you both then dont worry about what you "should" be doing! There are no right or wrongs,...I know 1 year olds who are bf far more times a day that 4, and others that are down to 2 bf a day.
Tan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2012 at 8:45am
Hello,

It sounds like you have a great balance going so far if she is having the 4 per day on top of a range of solids. No need to wean now if it is working for both of you. If you want to wean start by slowly dropping a day feed and replacing with solids and or distract with an activity - reading or outside play. I found La Leche League to be a great source of information when I had to combine full time work with breastfeeding so give them a go!
 Post Reply Post Reply