FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedsame sex mummies to be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2013 at 6:53pm
So our bubba is looking great and everything is normal but cord was in way so couldn't see gender at all. Sonographer didn't want to say as she really wasn't sure. May have another scan at 28 weeks as being referred to hospital but we are not worried about finding out as we don't too many unnecessary scans (had 3 already)!
Hope everyone else is good
IVF 1- No embryos to transfer
IVF 2- BFN
IVF 3- BFP, miscarriage at 7 weeks
IVF 4- BFP, Joshua born 15/12/2013 and one frozen embryo
FET- CP
IVF 5- Baby number 2 due 21/2/2017 and 1 frozen embryo ❤
Sponsored Links

2mums can't wait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2mums can't wait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2013 at 6:52pm
Hey I hardly come on here anymore because I'm in a Facebook due in group. Great to hear everything is going well :)

In nearly 19 weeks now. I've started to feel flutters but still waiting for a big strong kick so I can really know bubs is alright (man I worry a lot, guess this is only the beginning of that tho!!)

Is anyone in any same sex parents Facebook or real life groups?
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/411a4f
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2013 at 3:36pm
Hi 2mums,

Things are good in our world. Wife is almost 26 weeks and we have got the nursery mostly sorted and got nappies, lots of clothes, buggy and car seat.
I have felt baby move since about 20 weeks, lots of clear movements and kicks now
We are members of December 2013 Facebook page related to on baby and rainbow families. December page is great and lots of discussions and people have been very accepting of us. Rainbow families is a great group of families, just a bit quiet. I can add you if you are not on it already.
Exciting about almost being at 20 weeks. Are you having a scan?
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP
2mums can't wait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2mums can't wait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2013 at 6:47pm
And yes our scan is on 18September. I'm counting the days to see bubs again lol. My wife cried the first time!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/411a4f
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2013 at 7:23pm
I have added you as a friend, then can add you to group once we a friends. We are having another scan in 3 weeks, so might find out gender then
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP
bluey_york View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey_york Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 11:00pm
Hi there everyone – I’ve really enjoyed reading back through all the supportive posts on this forum. My friend who is a midwife sent me the link to this, however it looks like I may have missed the boat with you guys not being so active on it anymore.. (I see the last post was last year).
I really need an outlet at the moment, so I’ll just write this and put myself and our story out there anyway. My partner and I of six years have been planning a family for the last year now. We’re getting there – we know all good things come, but at 32 (and in the ‘orange zone’ according to my AMH test) and my partner just turning 30 and wanting to have a baby down the track too, we are getting a little edgy not having found a donor dad yet.
I guess we were never really quite prepared for how difficult it would be. I remember the offers and promises from our male friends and acquaintances (admittedly after they had possibly had a wine or two ) thinking it was all good and funny to imagine at the time. At the back of our minds we thought that when the time came we would not be short on more serious offers, given our fairly wide circles. That was until the time did come! We carefully thought about and asked in total four of our male friends to be donors. One after the other after they all initially said ‘yes’ one of which even got to the clinic before they decided it was too hard/freaked out. Too many hang ups essentially.
Not wanting to make awkward or jeopardise any more r’ships wih guys we already know, we’ve gone online now on sites like NZ free sperm donation (which is free but not well regulated) and also an Aussie based site called worldwide sperm donations which has a monthly subscription fee of $35 but is worth it because of the large numbers of NZ profiles and is regulated in terms of the moderator deleting profiles that aren’t active and policing weirdos. We’ve had a bit of interest from some men but finding a guy in Auckland who is willing to go via our clinic, (Fertility Plus), and do the mandatory counselling session and the 4-5 donating sessions there has been hard. Even when we offer to pay all expenses!
We’re on the waitlist at the clinic but would preferably like to meet our donor dad face to face and for them to be willing to be known as donor dad to our bubbas as they grow. So we search on.. hoping to meet a kind and willing man who can take the time to do this for us. Its really encouraging to see so many of you on this forum have done this!
Our fertility councellor suggested advertising for a donor through a gay magazine that she had heard about (she’s not particularly knowledgeable about gay issues/things in Auckland – which is a slight problem in itself).. I have no idea what magazine she thinks she knows about.   I’ve only seen those dodgey street mags you pick up from family bar with all the pics of gay boys getting trashed and advertisements for sex toys throughout. Haha! Would be awesome if any of you guys knew.
Anyways thanks for reading! Hope to hear from someone (if anyone’s out there )
 x
P&G View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote P&G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 11:16pm
Hiya!
Keep the faith
Miracles do happen!
We are in Auckland
Were lucky enough to find a donor
We now. . .
Have a happy healthy almost 5 month old daughter
Who is our pride and joy
And we were 31 and 32 so hang in there!!
- did you want the donor to have involvement
Or not at all is my question?
P&G View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote P&G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 11:19pm
I've just noticed perhaps there is also a group elsewhere
Now sorry been out of touch! Hope all the mummies
Have happy healthy babies :)) we are so pleased to be
Parents have a really fun time raising a daughter who is
Sitting unsupported now, about to start tasting solids, chatters
Away, is just beautiful! And full of life to wake up to every morn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey_york Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 12:00am
Hi and wow P&G– thanks for the encouragement and congrats on your bubs!! That’s fantastic  - Yes - ideally – in a perfect world our donor would be involved in an distant ‘uncle’ type capacity. We don’t want to co-parent so much but are open to negotiation on specifics. We at the very least would want him to be open to allowing contact if bubs wanted. XX thanks again – we are doing our best to keep the faith .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluey_york Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 12:13am
P&G - any clue what the other group might be under?

C
P&G View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 7:24am
Hiya - no idea! Just reading back people were talking
About another group - maybe on Facebook ?
Yes def and at same time we have a set of same sex
Couples two weeks before us have a boy and 3 months
Before us have a boy too! Seen quite a few success stories
For sure in this modern age :) we decided on an uninvolved
Donor but I do know a gay man for many years that was looking
To have some involvement with baby exactly as you describe an
Uncle capacity so didn't know if you'd like me to pass on details
He's pretty easy going etc so can't imagine he'd have a problem with
Testing, counselling etc as part of the process, happy to ask if he is still
Looking to do this - also based in Auckland!
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2014 at 12:42pm
Hi,

I'm back and wondering if there are any other same-sex couples / singles TTC at present? It kind of sucks that I'm probably the only one that has been TTC for 3 years now!

Let me know if there is anyone else out there!

PB

Oct 11 & Mar 12
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2014 at 12:45pm
Hi pepe,

Best of luck to you, have everything crossed for you and your wife. Our wee man is 8 months old now and we have just moved back to Wellington from Hamilton. Might think about no 2 next year as we have a frozen embryo

Edited by amk11 - 16 August 2014 at 10:17pm
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2014 at 12:50pm
Other ladies are you on rainbow families on Facebook. Can be quiet but I has a good group of members
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP
P&G View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2014 at 12:53pm
Hiya PB

I Get really lost In this forum but that's us too - attempting next month.
Have you had many attempts yet TTC? We are a same sex couple with
14yr old DD and 8 months old DD in Auckland :) my partner wants me to give
It a go but all the females in my family have not much luck where as her side
Conceive easily!
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2014 at 1:06pm
Good luck p&g, its a hard one to decide who will have the baby. I really wanted to but my eggs are rubbish so it didn't work, 3 failed rounds of IVF, wife got pregnant first round! Might try with her frozen embryo
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP
Pepi-bebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepi-bebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 11:42pm
Hi P&G,
Long story - but we've had 12 attempts, got pregnant doing at home insemination (with my wife's brother as my donor), but lost both at 12 weeks. Then we couldn't get him back to NZ (he lives in the Caribbean) for 6 mths, then tried for 7 months and couldn't conceive, then he went home again and it's been 16mths of not being able to try (his sperm wouldn't thaw - didn't like the cold - so we couldn't use a clinic!) We tried two other known donors, had them both go through the donor recruitment process, one backed out the week we were due to start trying (got back with his ex who didn't wnt him to do it), the other pulled out after 3 months as well. I worked out the other day that even without ever getting to an actual IUI or IVF, we've spent around $30k now... :-( So we've ended up finding an anonymous donor (which I never wnated, but after 3 years of waiting and I'm now 37 and 38 in April, well we just had to start). It's been hard and we start IUI with Repromed in Auckland in about 9 days - so fingers crossed I get hapu and get a take home live one this time!
Did you guys do IUI for the 8mth old? Known donor or anonymous? What will you do this time around?

PS - wow you are keen TTC with one 8mth old already - and a 14 year old lol!
PPS - My wife wont be trying unless I definitely can't carry.

Edited by Pepi-bebe - 15 August 2014 at 11:45pm

Oct 11 & Mar 12
amk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2014 at 10:17pm
Good luck, not long now
IVF 2- BFN
FET- CP
koromiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koromiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2014 at 12:15am
Fun to find out this page is still (occasionally) active. My partner is pregnant this time, super exciting as we tried for a while with her before me as well. I'm in the Rainbow Families facebook group.
P&G View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P&G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2014 at 9:57am
That's exciting! Congratulations!! When is she due? How old is your other child
We are also pregnant - my partner is carrying again :)
We are due Mid June 2015 so will have an 18 month
Gap between our two hopefully they will get along lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>