FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmenu planning for babies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
caliandjack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: menu planning for babies
    Posted: 22 June 2011 at 12:45pm
Has anyone done menu planning for them and their babies?

DD wants to feed herself and keeps grabbing the spoon, I'd like to be able to make meals we can both share as its only the two of us at home want to get out of the habit of opening a jar for her and eating better myself.

She's 8 months old tomorrow and is getting the grips of finger food.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
Sponsored Links

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 4:30pm
I did BLW with Ben so he always ate what we ate. Jack often did as well when he was younger.
Depends how messy you want to get. I used to give Jack soup (I usually left it really chunky) and then just added a bit of homemade bread to soak up the liquid so it wasn't too wet/sloppy. Ben would always tuck into mashed potato, veges and would just chew/suck on any meat we were having. Spagetti is always a favourite too with meatballs and a tomato sauce
Sorry not sure if I am much help, probably depends on if you are a gourmet or a plain ol' meat and 3 vege family like us! But I am sure that you could adapt anything you want to cook for yourself to suit your daughter as well
Lindsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 4:43pm
They are good suggestions thanks

[/url]

Angel June 2012
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 5:13pm
I've always just given Lily what I was having... Worst comes to worst you can always puree it up!

Soups - smooth or chunky... Perhaps make a list of what you like to eat and go from there?
Hopes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 5:29pm
Yea, I just give Jacob what we have. At the moment, I think that up at about 5.30pm... but a little planning wouldn't go astray, I'm just a bit tired at the mo. It's only occasionally that what we have isn't suitable - when we have pies and chips, for example, I'm a little reluctant to start him down those evil ways so early In those cases I'll defrost a couple of frozen cubes of leftovers for him, or resort to a jar (I love having jars handy, and while it's obviously not a long-term solution, they're brilliant when you're at a loss for what to feed him or out).

Jacob's another soup fanatic... don't know what it is, because I blend them with bread so they're the same consistancy as his usual food, but I've never known him to turn up his nose at soup.

I tried a curry that was just a little too hot for him the other day, and the poor kid had tears running down his face. He kept coming back for more, though - I had to stop him in the end because I felt too bad about it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 5:46pm
Catherine does like soup, they had some thai pumpkin soup at the Farmer's market this week and I offered her some she loved it, had to go back for some more. I thought it would be to spicy seems she liked it.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 5:59pm
It's amazing what they do and don't like! Mil made a stir fry the other day with chilli and lime pieces... She knew the chilli was hot but was determined to eat it!

Soups are always good though, my MIL does one with pumpkin and adds mince to it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliandjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 4:35pm
For those that give what you eat, what temperature do you serve it at?

I'm planning to make grilled lamb chops for tea and wondered how hot/cold they need to be for DD to handle.

[/url]

Angel June 2012
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2011 at 6:12pm
Oh... Hmm if it's super hot I dish her's out first to allow it to cool but normally I get everything ready and once I've plated up it's not hot hot but Lily blows on her food now! Umm chops or meat I give hot/warm and if it's too hot she eats other things first and comes back to the meat.
 Post Reply Post Reply