FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBreast Milk icecream??!!??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breast Milk icecream??!!??
    Posted: 25 February 2011 at 10:45am
Would you buy it?

link
3 little Angels July 10, May 11, Apr 13
Sponsored Links

Nothing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 10:52am
hmmmm interesting. I dont like my milk, but I think I would try the ice cream to see what its like- great thing is its not dairy! (although may contain traces! lol)

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 1:25pm
I don't know... I've been thinking about it all morning. Someone I know once argued that we all drink cows milk yet the idea of drinking human milk or our milk seems to freak most people out or gross them out yet we're willing to drink milk from an animal... Interestingly kinda funny imo. Maybe it's just because we've been drinking cows milk for years and not human milk so maybe this could kinda make it normal?
Who knows!

I am curious, I don't think it would taste like BM anyway due to the other flavours but at the same time, I haven't tasted my milk - have thought about it but simply don't have the desire to because to me - it's for DD only!

I also disagree with the thing on new mothers willing to feed their NBs if they tried it...
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 2:15pm
I'd give it a go, but then I'll try anything once

Nic I agree, drinking cows milk is "normalised" because we've been doing it for generations so it doesn't seem strange, whereas breastmilk hasn't been something that you just pour a glass of lol.

I did say to DH not long ago that once bubs is born I won't have to worry about running out of milk for a cup of tea and he looked at me a bit sideways lol.
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

Kalimirella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalimirella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 4:20pm
hmm I think I would try it, after all its just human milk, and it must surely be better for you than cows milk.

And out of curiosity, how many of those BFing have tried their own milk? I have, I wanted to know what this stuff my little girl loves so much tastes like. BTW theres a reason why kids have a sweet tooth!!! It is really sweet stuff (and I only tried a few drops).

And honestly, I make it so we shouldn't I drink it too? Thats my additude lol.
Kiara is 3 and Teagan is 2, now we're expecting our long awaited 3rd!
UpsyDaisy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UpsyDaisy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 7:49pm
I did just a drop as was curious, like sweetened condensed milk.
lil_lease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lil_lease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 7:50pm
Lol Kalimirella, I've tried my own before too, mostly colostrum though since that's all I'm making at the moment. I agree that it is really quite sweet.
I also accidentally had some from a woman once. Long story there (that's not appropriate to be shared here lol) but it just tasted like rather sweet, kind of watery milk. Nothing amazing about that lol since it IS milk.
Antony, gone but never forgotten 2-4-2010

High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by jules1980 jules1980 wrote:

I did just a drop as was curious, like sweetened condensed milk.

Haha me too! And have to agree!
Lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 10:56pm
No way, I would never try it, yuck!
Lou
kriss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kriss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 3:50am
There was a discussion about this on the radio today.. people were calling up saying how disgusting breastmilk is because it is so sour - I had a sip when I was BF and i'm pretty sure mine was quite sweet too

Little Angel, April 10
MuppetsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuppetsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 8:20am
lol I just came on here to post the same link! I've tried a drop of mine once or twice (licked it off my arm lol) and it does taste nice, but I wouldn't want to try anyone elses!!
Also, I'm not convinced about the shot of pamol that comes with it?!
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 9:33am
I'm so tempted to try it (my own milk, not the ice-cream) but can't quite bring myself... i have had a couple of friends ask if they can though!

You can get breastmilk cappacinos in a couple of cafes i've been to.
mothermercury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mothermercury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 10:08am
I think it's a terrible waste, to be honest. Breast milk is like liquid gold! I'd rather donate mine to a needy baby than give it to someone to make ice cream.
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 11:51am
Originally posted by MissShell MissShell wrote:

I think it's a terrible waste, to be honest. Breast milk is like liquid gold! I'd rather donate mine to a needy baby than give it to someone to make ice cream.

I absolutely agree Shell.
MuppetsMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuppetsMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by T_Rex T_Rex wrote:

Me three. I know it sounds cliche, but what about all those babies in third world countries that could really do with breast milk, and instead it's being made into a novelty ice cream!
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by MuppetsMama MuppetsMama wrote:

Me three. I know it sounds cliche, but what about all those babies in third world countries that could really do with breast milk, and instead it's being made into a novelty ice cream!

I have to agree! Although, some third world countries the mums do BF and manage to BF past 1 year...
Plushie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plushie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 12:24pm
As a chef im incredibly curious as to how it works, the different fat content in milk makes for very different ice-cream textures and requires different processes to 'work'. Very curious indeed.

Though as a b/feeder i'm a little horrified to think of it going to be food, i know the effort involved in making it!

Considering using some of my ebm to make a batch out of curiosity from a professional standpoint, can't imagine churning it out commercially though.
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 10:28pm
Ewww heck no!!!

WestiesGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WestiesGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by Lil_Nic9 Lil_Nic9 wrote:

Originally posted by MuppetsMama MuppetsMama wrote:

I have to agree! Although, some third world countries the mums do BF and manage to BF past 1 year...

Ditto! Definitely agree!
Our Angel July 08 Gone but not forgotten

And to complete our family, our princess has arrived
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2011 at 11:34am
A friend posted a link on my FB page saying that they'd removed the Ice Cream due to it possibly being unsafe.

Link

tbh I thought that the same rules for donating milk for this purpose would apply to donating milk for another baby iygwim - not sure if it did or not but surely if it did then these 'concerns' maybe wouldn't be happening.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>