FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwe are going dairy free some ????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ButterflyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButterflyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: we are going dairy free some ????
    Posted: 08 August 2010 at 8:44pm
Vanessa is fully breastfed and had funny tummy from day one her farts stunk and poo was really green I have since cut dairy out of my diet she is much hppier and she is not farting so much. I did try to wean her that was how i figured it out. now my question is I not sure I want to totally wean her but need her to have the odd bottle can you get soya formula in small amounts or other sestive one if so how? and when would you try to introduce dairy if at all?

Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 8:50pm
Don't think that you can get soy or goat in small amounts. Give nutricia a call. They're really good & they might send you a sample tin.

YOu could try again at one year or 2 years
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
Kellz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 9:00pm
The usual rule is to avoid all dairy product til after a yr old if the baby has intollerence- which is what it sounds like to me, or dairy allergy, or a family histoy of allergy.
Has she eaten any dairy products or food containing dairy products yet? If she has, you can judge by her reaction to things containing dairy as to how strict u have to be with resticting dairy products and foods containing dairy products. If she hasnt had anything containing dairy I would continue avoiding everything containing dairy, but if shes ok with stuff with dairy products, then u could just avoid milk, cheese and yogurt.

I personally prefer to express so that when Im away form Aiden he has ebm cos I dont want to risk the chance of a reaction by giving him any formula and Im happy to bf as long as he wants. I work one 9 hr shift at work per week, and express each morning after his first feed of the day, but beacuse he feeds all night too, I only manage to get about 40 mls off per day so takes me a while to have enough for one bottle for him!
Isla was allergic to dairy, and he is extremely sensitive to even tiny ammounts of soy in my diet and there are a bunch of other stuff that I avoid too cos it upsets him.

I dont think u can get small ammounts of soy formula tho, but I may be worng as Ive never looked into it myself.
The kellymom website has good info on expressing and how much to give baby, and heaps of other useful bf info too.
ButterflyMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButterflyMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2010 at 9:58pm
thanks ladies that is awsome info Kellz i have come to that conclusion about feeding just not sure if I could express enough anymore.

Post Reply Post Reply