FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBiting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biting
    Posted: 16 June 2010 at 10:00pm
Hey girls, I'd love some advice/tips

My babys started biting my nipple during each feed. He has an open mouth when he does it so I have to wait for him to let go before taking him off. Now I've read a little info on it and it says either teething or not hungry are main causes but he's not teething (PN checked his mouth for teething as he'd been chewing his hand/drooling) and if I take him off the breast he shows all the hunger signs so I put him back on and he feeds normally for awhile then bites again. This can happen 2-3 times sometimes more PER feed.

It's making me quite upset as I love breastfeeding but I can't handle this biting! He also wont take bottles or dummies!

Any advice/tips would be greatly appriceated!

TIA

xx
Sponsored Links

whitewave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitewave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2010 at 10:36pm
May be a phase?

My son was a chomper when he was younger, and I swore I was weaning when he got teeth!!
But he got better, and I'm proud to say we're still breastfeeding and he has 9 teeth now!
fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 2:18pm
often they bite and pull when they think the milk isn't coming fast enough, or they have finished that side and want the other. Or they do it cos they don't want a feed and are bored.
Try making him relese by tickling him if you can't break the seal of his mouth with your little finger. Hurts, eh! His teeth could be moving so causing soem discomfort.

Edited by fattartsrock
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Whateversville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whateversville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 9:36pm
Thanks for that. Sometimes I look at him when he does it and he's smiling, I say hey no biting and he continues to feed for awhile. Other times he bites and pulls or slides off the nipple while biting down too so ripg my poor nips to shreds!

It's very painful. I almost cringe as much as I did when he was NB. My nipples are so tender. I tried expressing and giving him the EBM in a bottle but he wasn't interested in the bottle at all. He then started biting the teat. WTH!

I just want to love breastfeeding !
 Post Reply Post Reply