FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedmother smothering infant in sleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mother smothering infant in sleep
    Posted: 13 June 2010 at 4:47pm
I heard a vague mention of this on the radio, did anyone hear the full story?
Sponsored Links

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 7:15pm
they didnt release much. i think they did it purposefully just to scaremonger. from what i can tell it was a pacific family and she shared the bed with her 3 yr old and the newborn. it didnt say if she was a smoker or anything else though.

palomino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palomino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 9:17pm
heres the article

link

Sounds pretty sad, sharing a pull out bed and left him in there after a feed.

Edited by HUNTD
LittleBug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 11:29am
You have to wonder about the conditions, sleeping on a pull-out couch with another toddler as well, and 18 people living in the house. It doesn't exactly sound like the best co-sleeping arrangement.
Chloe (4 years) and Oliver (3 years).
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 11:46am
It's quite common in Pacific families to do this, it's a sad thing to have happened though.

I agree not the best co-sleeping arrangement.

(At one point there were 10 people staying at our house (for over a month). My Gran is Tongan but grew up in Fiji so when the fam decided to move over here... It was crowded! We actually got beds for everyone though.
 Post Reply Post Reply