FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCrappy Sleepers Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crappy Sleepers Club
    Posted: 04 June 2010 at 10:13am
Anyone one to join me?

I was up 5+ times last night.    A lot of the time it is for resettling, but twice was hunger, and then once was poos and then another he was wet right through and everything needed to be changed.

I am OK with him waking at night because he's hungry, that doesn't bother me at all and I'm so used to it now anyway.

I am over the hourly waking for reasons I can't figure out.   I've eliminated cold, hunger, wind, everything I can think of and he still wakes.    

CC and CIO is something I didn't think I would ever do and I still won't do the CIO method, but a little bit of controlled crying is helping I think.   And I'm talking less than five minutes of crying before I go in again.

I know it doesn't last forever and I love my little baby dearly, but I'm sooooo tired!

Does anyone want to join me just to sympathise, share our bad nights and have a bit of a whinge and a moan?     We don't have to offer advice or solutions, just a place to have a vent really.

Sponsored Links

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 10:20am
Does it have to be night time sleeping only or do stink sleepers during the day count

Oct 11
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 10:26am
Any time!!

Jamie is a good morning sleeper, but that's about it!

Afternoon sleeps are almost a big fat waste of time in this house.      I can spend 1 hour+ settling, to get half an hour sleep out of him!

Share your pain!!
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 10:38am
I'm in. I can't get more than 2 hours in a stretch out of her these days. And it takes up to 3 hours to get her to settle each time. So I know how you feel - tired - just like me!
LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 10:49am
i'm in too!
I miss sleep, i miss a long stretch say more than 3 hours in a row. 4 or 5 would be excellent!

I've got him down to only feeding 3 times now yah! done from 6-7 times at night! a small but wonderful accomplishment!
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 11:02am

You know you're sleep deprived when 4-5 hours in a row would be pure bliss!

Grr, I jinxed myself with the good morning sleeper! We're coming up to 40 minutes of yelling, laughing, kicking, a bit of crying and general not sleepedness!
MamaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MamaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 11:03am

Oh yes, I'm definately in here.

Last night was a total shocker. He is waking every hour to hour and a half screaming and the only thing that will settle him is being nursed. I am normally up with him 8 times a night.

I am however getting on top of his day sleeps with generally 2 good sleeps of 1.5hours - 2hours and another 30min or 45min sleep in the late afternoon.

But, it seems that when I get his day sleeps right we have a really bad night, but if his day sleeps are crap we have a good night (and by good I mean up 4 or 5 times).

When will it end??!!

mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 11:05am
yummymummy, I see you have a three year old boy too!   I have one of those, and along with a non sleeping baby, it gets pretty tough!
mamanee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamanee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 11:20am
MamaT, the only time we've had a good night (1-2 times waking) is when he has a really shocking day and doesn't sleep much at all.    Everyone says sleep breeds sleep, but it seems to be the total opposite here.

On a typical night we have screaming every hour or so until midnight, sleep for three hours, and then scream every hour until 8AM.

Occasionally I'll get 7PM-midnight, which is a good night for us. After midnight is just continual waking though.

I don't know when it ends!   I am hoping that a crappy sleeping baby doesn't turn into a crappy sleeping toddler or child.      I feel a bit out of my depth because my three year old slept right through the night from 7 weeks onwards, only woke occasionally due to teething, and now sleeps 7PM-8AM, without fail every single night!

Edited by mamanee
Emmecat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 11:46am
I'm in...and probably with the oldest baby!  Clodagh's still rubbish at staying asleep more than 4 hours a night...tops. And that's a bloody good night!

Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 2:11pm
I am in!

#2 is a nightmare sleeper! Wakes at least twice a night and sleeps for no longer than 45mins in the day at sone time.

#1 was a nightmare night sleeper but a wicked day sleeper. He didn't sleep thru consistently until 18 months.

I would love a good sleep.

Also both my boys wake for the day between 5 -5.30am.

I am of no help as can't figure out what causes my boys probably...I blame the breeding!

Henna79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 2:26pm
Me too!!!

My nearly 2 year old still won't sleep through. He does occasionally but not consistently enough to say he does. We have done everything we can to try and put our finger on why he won't but at the end of the day I enjoy cuddling up in bed with the little snuggler when he does wake up
T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 3:13pm
Mamanee, sounds like our two are similar.

At least tonight when I'm up for hours on end, I'll be able to think that I'm not the only one!
LJsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 4:25pm
mamanee it is tricky having a busy 3 year old boy and feeling like a zombie! thank goodness for 20 hours ECE and private kindy. Ds1 just started three mornings a week from 9.00 -12.30. It's excellent for him and me .

Today DS2 sleep has gone out the window! he's not feeding well i have matisits (?) and feel awful i wonder if the milk tastes different am on antibotics as well.

oh well another night a wiats us here's hoping it's better tonight.
tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 8:05pm
I'm in too! Just when things seemed to be settling down and we were getting better nights AND better days he decided he'd rather wake up lots and go back to catnaps only.   V and coke are my friends.

But on the bright side it was a great bargaining tool for getting DH to go out and get takeaways even though he's cooked the last 4 nights.
E&L+1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E&L+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 8:07pm
*puts hand up*

Just when we thought we were getting somewhere we are back to 2-4 hourly waking. which translates to about 3 hours for me by the time I get back to sleep!
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 8:08pm
I'm in!

#1 is a dream. Was sleeping through from around 6 weeks old and even now at 3 does 6.30-7.30 overnight - hardly ever has wake ups

#2 none of the above! Wakes constantly, can't resettle himself at all (probably because I can't let him cry in fear he will wake his big sister up!), won't sleep during the day for more than 20 minutes - nuff said! Argh!   Lets just say I miss my bed and husband

Edited by Mama2two
Disco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by chelle chelle wrote:

I'm in too! Just when things seemed to be settling down and we were getting better nights AND better days he decided he'd rather wake up lots and go back to catnaps only.   V and coke are my friends.

But on the bright side it was a great bargaining tool for getting DH to go out and get takeaways even though he's cooked the last 4 nights.

i noticed that when i gave up drinking all drinks with caffeine in them, and for me that was coke, things got better, the caffeine in them was just too much for DD. it was hard for me as it was a pick me up when i was really tired. She was waking a couple of times a night.

Now i don't drink any fizzy drinks and we sleep from 7pm - anywhere from 5am- 7am.

i occassionally have a coke now and she always wakes up when i do. just a thought!

may the sleep fairy visit you all as I know how hard it is! i just had 6 months of it.

disco
myonlineself View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myonlineself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 8:31pm
I'm in too - I really thought it was just me and no one else could possibly have a nearly 6 month old baby waking that many time! I have just (in the last week) managed to bring her bedtime forward till 8pm (it was hours of screaming, crying, fussing etc till at least 10pm until recently. Now its down around 8, wake at 8.30, then at 9.30 then 11.45, 2.45, 5 and up for the day at 8, with maybe an extra wakeup at 7.

I was feeding every single time, nursing her back to sleep, but now I can usually rock, shussh her back to sleep in 5-10 minutes (still wakes me right up though) with just the 2.45 and/or the 5am one as feeds... I too don't mind feeding her if she's hungry, but the waking up crying and just needing to be resettled thing is hard work!

tiptoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Disco Disco wrote:

Originally posted by chelle chelle wrote:

i noticed that when i gave up drinking all drinks with caffeine in them, and for me that was coke, things got better, the caffeine in them was just too much for DD. it was hard for me as it was a pick me up when i was really tired. She was waking a couple of times a night.

Now i don't drink any fizzy drinks and we sleep from 7pm - anywhere from 5am- 7am.

i occassionally have a coke now and she always wakes up when i do. just a thought!

may the sleep fairy visit you all as I know how hard it is! i just had 6 months of it.

disco

I'm FF though so pretty sure it doesn't affect him
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>