FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe confession thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 175>
Author
Kellyfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kellyfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:11pm
I confess I'm totally over being pregnant, and as much as I love the little guy, and am stoked that we are having him... I will much prefer it when he is on the outside and I have my body back to myself!!!
Sponsored Links

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:21pm
So understand that feeling Kellyfer !

LOL , my room is a pig sty atm , but when I move into our new place (yayyyy!!!) it will be tidy and I will put pics up saying "to Fattarts "

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:28pm
LOL I confess I had to think of pics I had put on Facebook recently...and yeah some of them show the messy lounge, but it's toys messy, not dirty...and much as I would love the toys to stay in one place, with at least one child on the move it just doesn't happen!!

Kellyfer - I think most mums would understand that!!
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:35pm
haha kelly, my rooms a mess too... but thats cos I virtually LIVE in here.. I have nothing in the rest of the house, so its all stuck in here... when FIL moves out then we can take the computer out, and all the papers, magazines I'm not done with etc, and it will be nice and tidy again!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:11pm
I confess my house is quite often a mess because I like to spend Lexies awake time hanging with her, and her asleep time hanging with you guys IYKWIM

I confess I ate quarter of a carrot cake today and didn't even feel guilty!

fattartsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:49pm
LOl it's mainly cos I was looking at someone I know's pics of her daughters 5th birthday and the house was an absolute tip and all I could think was... why not tidy up before people come round for a big birthday, as in clear away all the junk and sh*t away. It wasn't party clutter junk and filth it was life junk and filth. Ick. Than I sort of started noticing it in other peoples pics too, ha ha. ocd much? And I HATE it when people are selling stuff on TM and the floor or whatever they ae taking pics on is filthy and gross.
The Honest Un PC Parent of 2, usually stuck in the naughty corner! :P
Shezamumof3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shezamumof3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by fattartsrock fattartsrock wrote:

I confess that sometimes I roll my eyes and think what the hell?.... at some of the things posted on this forum..but I do refrain form posting that!
one!
and confess that I think lots of posters are far too precious about some stuff like routine and clock feeding etc. I think you might feel less stressed if you looked a the clock less.

Agreed!!!!!

Edited by Sheza

minik8e View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minik8e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:44pm
I'm with you on that one as well...although for me, it helps that my time management skills are almost non-existent anyway hehe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 10:19pm
I went to a kids birthday party in Jan and it was stinking stinking hot and there was a mum there with a 3 week old baby who was doing all the classic hungry signs and crying because she was obviously thirsty and the stupid woman (who had 2 toher kids, so not a 1st timer) was saying "I'm not feedign you yet, you just had a bottle an hour ago, you can't be hungry!" I actually said to her in the end - cause I couldn't stand it - For goodness sake do you wait to have a drink if you are thirsty cos you just had one an hour ago? It's a hot day! She is thirsty!
HoneybunsMa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 10:38pm
I confess, Foodtown had chocolate on special so I bought three blocks and ate most of one, left one for everyone else to eat (well really it was for DP I just didn't tell him) and hid one in my bag to keep for me and will probably eat it in one sitting tomorrow

I also confess I think I know the thread your talking about and I don't want to say anything else as I know the person.

I confess it's DP's birthday today and although I would love to BD I probably won't because I'm tired DD has been waking up every night 2-3times and I can't handle it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 10:44pm
Oh I also confess that I like watching the crap programmes on E! and MTV they are just trash but so easy to watch (like now Charm School is on)

julz85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julz85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 10:57pm

I will confess that i am one of those people that sometimes has the messy house in the background of photos lol , i notice once there up and think "oops" but oh well i cant keep it clean 100% of the time , well i can but then id never get to go on OB   

I also confess that i have very angry feelings towards one of my best friends at the way shes been mothering her children for the last 18months or so , i just cant bear to tell her how i feel . she just really needs to get her A into G or her kids will definatly resent her when they are older ( and as one is 10 she may already resent her mother) .

I will confess that even tho DP and i have only been together 6months i cant stand it on the nights hes not here , i trust him 100% , i just miss him and hate sleeping alone . obsessed much ?????  lol

Oh and Elle - i love MTV trash too - Teen mum and 16 and pregnant are like my fav shows, ooo and jersey shore . i think  have a reality tv addiction .

Blankney94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blankney94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 11:01pm

I confess I have a test on Thursday, and I'm doing every else but study.  (I have the flu so I'm kinda using that as an excuse! )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattartsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 10:57am
Originally posted by HoneybunsMa HoneybunsMa wrote:

I also confess I think I know the thread your talking about and I don't want to say anything else as I know the person.

Im not talking about a thread at all, just in general. In my line of work, as well as on here I see so many mums getting their pants in a bunch cos baby wants fed more than 4 hourly or won't sleep at this time or that.
I'm a fan of loose structure not strict routine - I think strict routine is a hangover from our working days and is rather control freakish...and stressfull when it dosen't pan out your way...
It does help to have a plan, but FGS no one will die if baby isn't down for a 10 o'clock sleep at 10 or misses it entirely and has a long nap one other time, or dosen't get played with for 20 minutes before bed or whatever... And I really truely HATE clock feeding with a vengance, I think its mean.

Edited by fattartsrock
Babykatnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babykatnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 11:05am
I'm a bit of both... If I know I am going to be out for the day (and I usually time it around her rather than the other way around) I will try and get her to have a nap by X o'clock so shes awake and happy while I am out, rather than tired and scratchy the whole time... I do 'time' her feeds, but not to the minute... just if its only been a couple of hours since she last ate, I know shes not hungry, just wanting something she can chew on since shes teething...

On the other hand, if she is still asleep and its been 4 hours since she last ate... I'm not going to go and wake her up because she 'has' to eat again, I wont force her to sleep if shes still happy and playing in the lounge with me just because she 'should' get X hours of sleep a day, or wake her up because shes getting 'too much' sleep... so I'm a bit of both... a routine and 'free-flow' parent I guess...

Anyways... back to the general idea of the thread...

I have been in a bad mood because of all the crap going on with DPs family, and it all came to a head the other night and I went off my rocket at DP.. and then turned around later on and said my period was due, so it was all PMT... AF is/was due, but I dont get this moody every month lol! I just used it as an excuse not to have to apologise for going off my nana at him!
Brandon - 05/12/2003

Hunnybunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunnybunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 11:27am
I confess to pulling a clean top out of my drawer this morning, and putting it on even though I noticed a mark on it. I'm usually SO fussy with clothes, but I can't be bothered today.

I don't think anyone will notice it. But if they do. I'll pretend I didn't know it was there cos its under my bump where I can't see.

It's not even the size of a pinky nail. So surely no-one would say anything!!!
lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 11:30am
LOL

I have to confess that I want to bang my head against my desk when I read some of these threads on here ..

I also have to confess most of the time these days I cant be arsed putting in my 2c

I have to confess that I see fat people eating crap and think "WTF" (especially if I know them and then have to listen to them rave on and on and on about how they want to lose weight).

I have to confess I have a very short temper and I am extremely judgemental (although most of the board knew that one already)

(I feel like a catholic .. I just need to know how many hail marys will save me )

Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
High9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 11:37am
I confess that I don't agree with clock feeding either, in the first few months I think it's easier to just go with the flow! We have a basic idea of our day but it's up to baby to let us know when she wants to go to sleep, eat, have a change etc! Makes life very stress free which = a happy mummy and happy baby!

TheKelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 11:47am
Im too lazy to clock feed, Ty is fed when he looks hungry

Naww LF , are you banging your head at my brilliant thread ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneybunsMa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 11:50am
Originally posted by fattartsrock fattartsrock wrote:

Originally posted by HoneybunsMa HoneybunsMa wrote:

Im not talking about a thread at all, just in general. In my line of work, as well as on here I see so many mums getting their pants in a bunch cos baby wants fed more than 4 hourly or won't sleep at this time or that.
I'm a fan of loose structure not strict routine - I think strict routine is a hangover from our working days and is rather control freakish...and stressfull when it dosen't pan out your way...
It does help to have a plan, but FGS no one will die if baby isn't down for a 10 o'clock sleep at 10 or misses it entirely and has a long nap one other time, or dosen't get played with for 20 minutes before bed or whatever... And I really truely HATE clock feeding with a vengance, I think its mean.

Oh I completely get that, earlier in this thread someone said something about reading a thread that made their head hurt

I'm a semi clock feeder, but not really I think I've read enough on here to know that you are the bfing guru and you hate clock feeding. I know DD fed a bit more over summer as it was so hot, but meh so what she needed it.

Ok so I confess this morning that I want to eat ice cream already and probably will.

Oh and as much as I wanted to BD last night I was that tired that I fell asleep and didn't even wake up when DP got home and it was his birthday whoops! Sorry mate.

I confess that it bugs me so much that DP goes and plays zombies every day and that I would love to be able to not worry about anything and just leave, but if we go anywhere I make sure that the nappy bag is packed, we have food for DD, toys etc. I want no reasponsibilities for awhile.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 175>