FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWeight watchers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>
Author
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weight watchers
    Posted: 23 March 2010 at 12:43pm
Would anyone be interested in joining a weight watchers thread where we can share tips, and ask what certain foods points are and recipes etc?? and we can share how many points we have used in a day and wat we ate so others can get an idea on how others are using their points??   and we can have weekly weigh ins? I know a few people are doing weight watchers points system on here so thought we could band together to help support each other?? (this is not to take over the weight loss thread, this is in addition )

I cant afford to do the actual weight watchers as my parent leave has just run out, but am keen to start doing the points etc. I have a few books that i will be going off

Just jump on here if your interested and we can start a list etc........altho im not good at flash lists

Edited by Chickielou
Sponsored Links

Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 1:14pm
Chickie, send me a PM with your email address and I'll email you some info...
Two little girls under 2!

fatmum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 2:43pm
I have a section in my blog for weight watchers stuff.. because that's what I'm following at the moment to lose weight. I also record all my daily food intake along with ww points so you can have an idea from that as well.

Blog link here
_SMS_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _SMS_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 3:21pm
That sounds like a great idea.

im also going to start following points again, i wont be going to meetings either because id rather pay for the gym.

I think with everyone writing what they eat it'll be great for others to get food ideas.

When are you planning on starting?? I might start fresh on Monday
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2010 at 5:44pm
After Easter........LOL........    Ive just been sussing what my daily choc consumption might be
Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 1:32am
Haha I would be keen too Lou, we don't have WW here in town so would be good to have a 'check' every week where I have to admit to my weight hahahahaha. sigh do i really want to own up to it?
I did JCs just before I got pregnant and lost heaps and would love to do that again but don't think the frozen meals would last the three hour drive hehe.

Oct 11
angel4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 9:37am
Hi guys. I would be keen too. The weight just isnt coming off this time. I have joined the gym at uni because it only cost $100 for the year since im a student. But could really do with some accountability food and exercise wise. A weekly weigh in would be great (if not very scary lol)
fatmum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 10:17am
Well if any of you want to join the FMC you are most welcome to.. We're all Ohbaby mums there (from the new weight loss thread), and you'll get your own page where your stats and photo can be updated (some of us aren't brave enough to have our heads in the photo lol)..

Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 11:03am
*puts hand up*

I'm following WW too, altho like the rest of you, not going to meetings as I can't seem to fit it into my day with everything else I have to do!

I have a bit of a history with WW - before I had Maya, I lost 30kg following it, then after I had her, I put it back on. Then lost 30kg again between her first birthday and when I got preg with the gremlins 2 years later.

Two years and three babies later and I'd put it all back on again, and then crept up and up last year until I reached an all time high . So I officially started the WW again on 1st Jan 2010 and...

So far I've lost 19.1kg! . My first mini-goal was to lose 20kg by Easter, so if I can get that last 900g off this week, I will have made it. I've been going to the gym, and am now up to running 2km at a stretch on the treadmill which is a huge improvement from when I started 3 months ago.

My next goal is another 20kg by Labour Weekend, which is about 6 months, coz I know that the more I lose, the slower it will come off.

I was gonna join the FMC, but never got around to it, but I do post lots of updates on my FB page.
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
The Gremlins:Sienna Marie & Mercedes Kailah (14/10/06)
Lil miss:Chiara Louise Chloe (09/07/08)
Her ladyship:Rosalia Sophie Anais (18/06/12)
fatmum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 11:28am
It's not too late Emma.. lilfatty had already lost heaps before she joined the FMC too
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 11:51am
Great stuff Emma!!! I hope you make the 900gms........

I need a starting point....Sabrina mentioned Monday, that will give us all a chance (you excluded emma since youve already doing it) to get our heads around it and ask advise on points for commonly eaten foods in our days and get a diary or notebook assigned for writing our food diaries etc.....Im gonna look for an up to date points book on trade me (Nat ebay will have heaps, thats where i got my current books)

The way i kinda like to do it is in the morning or the night before i "plan" what im going to eat....I pretty much eat the same things for breakfast and lunch etc and its kinda nice to plan a day ahead so you can see if theres room for a treat in there for the end or during the day........if you go blindly you find that by the end of the day your way over, but if youve allowed a couple of points already for a treat you can hold out for that treat.

And we can make Weigh Ins every Monday..........so if everyone who is gonna join in want to do a starting weight thats cool but you dont have to, you can just advise the weight loss each monday weigh in..........oh and i would advise doing measurements once a fortnight............Im doing fortnightly and taking pics fortnightly. Just in the first fortnight i can see a difference in my waist in the pics and in measurements

Fatmum, I will go and have a nosey at your blog again........looked a while back.

The other thing we could consider if anyones interested in doing pics, we can put them in the OB addicts site and start a discussion topic there so only OB users can see and not the rest of the world???

Nat if i start a list will you make it pretty? I have NOOOO idea with that stuff

Edited by Chickielou
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 12:17pm
Monday is great for me - if I make by 20kg by weigh-in on Friday, Monday will pretty much be the start of a whole new phase .

I meal plan a lot, I find I eat a lot healthier if I plan ahead. I'm not terribly well behaved with my eating - for example, if I'm short on time in the morning, I grab a 5-point cookie for breakfast on the go. Same Points value as my usual weetbix and banana, but nowhere near as nutritionally sound. And if the kids are having mince or sausages or something fairly high in points for dinner, I'll skip it and have poached eggs on toast with mushroom, or a wrap with ham and salad, which is healthy enough, but I don't eat anywhere near enough red meat.

I love, love, love the gym tho. Some people think that's weird, but it's mental processing time for me, and I can push myself harder and harder which is really satisfying. Plus, the OCD side of my personality really digs all the stats - times, speeds, resistances, distances...
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 12:46pm
That sounds exactly like me with the gym.......I always focussed on the LCD when running and i would push myself to the time, then when i reached say 5mins, i would then push myself to the next KM then when i got there my calories might be almost at 100 so i will push myself to that........kept doing that over and over and before i knew it had run 6kms!! and its definetly down time away from kids where you can just be you and NO ONE saying "mum mum mum mum".........I will join again when my baby is about 1yrs old.......happy doing my WII personal training and boxing, walking and swimming at the moment.......Im excellent with the exercise motivation but really not very good with the eating motivation.........I either dont eat even close to enough in a day or way too much chocolate
Maya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 1:14pm
Ooooh I am so coveting a Wii Fit right now!
Maya Grace (28/02/03)
(02/01/06)
Mama2two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mama2two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 1:41pm
I will come join you guys after Easter is over. A friend and I have been doing this together since January and I have lost nearly 10 kgs but now seem to have lost all motivation (might be having a baby that doesn't sleep!). I need to be held accountable and inspired to get some exercise
I can't afford to go to WW either, but used to work there years ago and lost 55kgs in my 20's. Shame I found all that weight again, plus some
Emma - you rock! Well done!

HuntersMama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntersMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 2:22pm
Oh Im in too! I have about 10kg to lose and its just not comin off yet! I dont ahve scales but Im sure i can find some

lilfatty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfatty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 3:14pm
Go ladies!

Although I dont do ww .. I hope you all do fantastically
Mummy to Issy (3) and Elias (18 months)

I did it .. 41 kgs gone! From flab to fab in under a year LFs weight blog
kellie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 3:49pm
I am in! I would love to know the points for things etc without paying for all the info

I would have joined WW, but none in my area anyway.

LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 6:05pm
Thanks LF!!

Kellie - if you have some regular daily foods you eat do you want to PM me some and when i get time i can give you the points value for them.......Ive had a look on TM and theres not alot of points books up for sale.....

mum2sam - I imagine non of us are really gonna be that serious until after easter either.......but next week will be our practise run......Right must start a list but have no idea how to do blingbling
LouD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 6:23pm
Weight Watchers list

Next Weigh In Monday 6th April

Chickielou
this weeks loss = ? total loss = ?
sabrina0007
Natcats
Angel4
Maya
huntersmama
Kellie

Weight Watchers list

As i said i have no idea how to make pretty so anyone feel free to bling it up a bit or change it etc........ Is this ok? that way we arent putting our actual weight down just what weve lost etc

Edited by Chickielou
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>