FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSwitching formula

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Switching formula
    Posted: 29 September 2009 at 10:28am
Hi guys

I am wondering when to make the switch to progress formula - the tin says from 6 months, but I seem to remember reading something that said it can be difficult to digest. What has everyone else done? H has had issues with constipation so I don't want that to happen again but also want to make sure he is getting all the right nutrients etc.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Muz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 7:56pm
I'll keep an eye on this thread - good question!

With my older two girls we just switched them at 6 months and had no problems!
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 10:02am
We just switched between 6 and 7 months with the same brand, just the next step up.
BerryBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 3:38pm
Tessa is on her 2nd tin of stage 2( we use nurture formula) have not had any problems Switched her at 6 months- well 1 day before.

Edited by mumto4
SpecialK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 6:33pm
Hmmm, according to Gina Ford you shouldn't switch them until they drink 240ml of stage 1 formula at every feed. It kind of makes sense... did your babies follow this pattern prior to switching?
kebakat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebakat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 6:49pm
Daniel has never had a 240ml bottle ever except if hes sick and eating no solids whatsoever.
Peanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 7:34pm
My son has never had 250mls of formula ever, either! That seems like a lot. Although he does drink 250mls of cows milk now before bed but thats it.

I transitioned to stage 2 formula by alternating between the 2 - 1 feed stage one, next feed stage 2 extra and did that until both tins were finished and then just did stage 2 after that.

BerryBliss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BerryBliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 7:42pm
Tessa had 220ml at each feed before we changed over ands still has the same amount.
 Post Reply Post Reply