FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFussy or not Hungry??????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fussy or not Hungry??????
    Posted: 26 September 2009 at 5:41pm
I know infant appetites vary massively day to day, but just wondering how you know the answer to whether they don't like what you have offered or are not hungry.

For example tonight I made dinner offered it to him, he ate a couple of mouthfuls and then no more, however if I offer a yoghurt or cracker he would eat that! Leaving me thinking he is hungry.

If they refuse what you first offer do you leave it? Don't want him to get into bad habbits, or is it too young for bad habbits.

Some days however he will just eat, and it can be the same things that I offer than cause the same reactions or totally different ones

][/URL]

Sponsored Links

cuppatea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuppatea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 7:07pm
I take/took this approach, if it is something new you are offering then I would give them the benefit of the doubt and think that perhaps they genuinely don't like it. If it's something they've eaten before but are refusing to eat then I would not offer anything else, they are either not hungry or not hungry enough. Around the age your boy is I started to put Spencer to bed without dinner if he refused to eat it (and it was something i knew he liked) cos it was around that age that quite often he seemed to be eating banana and yoghurt for dinner after refusing dinner and I realised he was just hanging out for something better to be offered. He still does it now but it's more obvious, he gets down from the dinner table and actually asks for crackers/yoghurt!

Some days they eat really well and eat everything on offer and other days they seem to survive on next to nothing, I think that is just normal for toddlers. The other thing we do now that Spencer is older is that if he tries a new food, even if he doesn't like it, then he still gets to have his dessert as a reward for trying it.

FionaO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FionaO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 7:51pm
Thanks, that backs up what I was thinking. I am softer with new foods, but tonights tea was cheesy mash and he loves that so nothing else was offered.

][/URL]

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 9:53am
once again cuppatea said what i was trying to but couldnt think of the right words!

Post Reply Post Reply