FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHome Gender Test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yummymummy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yummymummy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home Gender Test
    Posted: 09 June 2009 at 2:21pm
I saw this on the news today and it's available in NZ now. I think it's a great idea. What are your views?

Home Gender Test

Sponsored Links

T_Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2009 at 2:46pm
I'd love too, but its a bit expensive for me. I guess I'll just wait a few more weeks till my next scan. I find it hard to imagine that it would be misused, but I'm a pretty trusting person generally.
Natalie_G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Natalie_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 8:24pm
I don't really like the idea, because if you ended up with a girl and wanted a boy people could get abortions until they get the sex they want.

Any child you get will be a gift and just wait until 20 weeks and you will know what you are having.
myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 9:44pm
I agree with AriannesMum. Plus I haven't found out the sex of our children, I think the surprise is great
Lindsey

Rachael21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachael21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 9:46pm
If it wasn't too expensive I would probably do it lol I wouldn't care either way I'm just impatient.
Febgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Febgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 2:52pm
I read on another american forum that these tests are a complete crock, they change colour depending on the PH of your urine, which is 'supposed' to be related to whether you're having a boy or a girl but there is no medical evidence to back this up. Everyone on that forum said they were a waste of money. For the price of them I reckon you'd be better off paying for a private scan at around 16 weeks...
Two little girls under 2!

ElfsMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfsMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 3:27pm
the ones on the american forum i go to are different..they are only 60% ...having said that it's a lot of money but i might consider it :) My Mum asked if i was going to .. maybe if she was paying :)
Mum to two amazing boys!
 Post Reply Post Reply