FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe vent thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123>
Author
frankie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2012 at 8:02pm
Do you have a radar for detecting when it is the worst possible time to call? Why do you have to ring up just when we've put DD to sleep and DH is cooking me dinner?
Sponsored Links

Stoked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2012 at 8:18pm
That sounds like my MIL frankie.

And on the subject of MIL - stop being a jealous old bitch. We're not only entitled to have lives, we're entitled to live them the way we like, with the people we like.
epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2012 at 7:09pm
DH. I know you want to be UTD. I want to be too. But let's not tell everybody we know, eh!! Especially when you get drunk. When you get upset cos you want to drink again soon and I'm say no, I'm not being a b*tch, I'm simply safeguarding our sanity and protecting us from months of people asking us if we are UTD.

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
escadachic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escadachic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2012 at 10:25pm
OMG! Just stop taking things the wrong way already! Argh!!!

You are reading WAY too much into things and seeing things that are simply not there. You are going to make yourself miserable if you don't stop this crap!

Vent over

LuckyRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckyRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2012 at 5:44am
Damn you jet lag!

IVFGirl1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IVFGirl1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2012 at 10:16am
Some people are SO friggen upthemselves!!! Seriously get a life - everyone can see through you!
TTC 6 years
IVF it is
IVF/ICSI round one
10 eggs, 8 mature, 3 fertilised BFN
IVF/ICSI #2 = 22 eggs!
20 mature, 15 fertilised, 1 fresh transfer and 2 frosties
BFN
2 Frosties still in freezer thank god
AbzandH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbzandH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 10:42am
ARGH do you really have to ruin every single holiday and birthday for us??? Looking forward to a nice relaxing long weekend and the first thing we both get this morning is a text from you! Grrrrr just leave us alone already!!!!!! A text about the weather is NOT going to make up for all the damage you have done!
blueberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:22am
I f**king hate living here! Yes this move is great for your career, but I'm totally screwed over, can't work in my profession as there is an over supply in this city and jobs cuts too and no child care in this f**king part of this god forsaken city anyway. The wait lists are 20 families long. No friends, no family and it's cold so hard to get out when you don't have a car and there are only so many places to walk to. I'm lonely and have not spoken to a real life person other than you since last Wednesday before Easter and those are people weren't even friends just randoms who go to the local play group. The last 4 months have been my own personal hell, I'm starting to go grey, did I mention I'm so f**king angry , I would have never agreed to this move if I knew what I know now. All of this does not make me a good mum, I'm doing a sh*t job of that too, I don't know what to do to fill our days at home alone. And I'm finding it hard to cope with the toddler tantrums.

Edited by blueberry
AbzandH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbzandH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2012 at 11:42am
Hugs blueberry xx
epictraveller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epictraveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2012 at 8:32pm
Hugs here too. Where have you moved to? Is there a mum's and bub's group you can join to meet some other mum's? Hope things look up soon.

Angel babies April 2013, Nov 2013

IVF #1 Nov 2013-CP
IVF #2 May 2014-BFN
IVF #3 Feb 2015-BFN
DS Jun 2015-BFN
Oct 16 -Natural BFP!

TTC #2
blueberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 3:32am
Thanks AbzandH and epictraveller, we moved to Toronto and I'm slowly getting used to it, still hard but things are easier as we get set up. DD is in daycare on Mondays and Fridays so I'm getting a break and she's getting some social interaction rather than just spending all her time with me and DH. The weather is warming up so it's easier to get out and about. I'm also getting used to it being alone.
Delli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by blueberry blueberry wrote:

I f**king hate living here! Yes this move is great for your career, but I'm totally screwed over, can't work in my profession as there is an over supply in this city and jobs cuts too and no child care in this f**king part of this god forsaken city anyway. The wait lists are 20 families long. No friends, no family and it's cold so hard to get out when you don't have a car and there are only so many places to walk to. I'm lonely and have not spoken to a real life person other than you since last Wednesday before Easter and those are people weren't even friends just randoms who go to the local play group. The last 4 months have been my own personal hell, I'm starting to go grey, did I mention I'm so f**king angry , I would have never agreed to this move if I knew what I know now. All of this does not make me a good mum, I'm doing a sh*t job of that too, I don't know what to do to fill our days at home alone. And I'm finding it hard to cope with the toddler tantrums.

I know exactly how you feel

We moved. I left a job that I absolutely loved. Was supposed to be a great opportunity career-wise for the both of us. Instead, I have ended up a SAHM (something I never aspired to be longterm) and he is streaking ahead (promotions and awards) in his job. I try to feel happy that he loves his job and is doing so well. Sometimes I manage it. Other times, I just feel jealous and so f*cking angry all the time that I have made the sacrifices and have gotten nothing out of this move. I also would never have agreed to the move if I knew what I know now. We have agreed to stay here for another year as partner has another great promotion lined up for a months time. At the end of that year, it will have been three years since we moved. I don't know what I want anymore. If I choose to go with the same career as DP (what we originally planned), then I will be three years behind him and forever in his shadow. If I go back to the career that I have a degree for (we will have to move back to an area in which it is possible for me to do so), I will have been out of the workforce for three years and will essentially have to start back at the beginning.

I hate this.

Edited by Delli

blueberry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueberry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 11:30am
Yeah I'll be 4 years out of the game if we stay here as long as intended which scares me a little as I worry will I be employable, I hope so. In my case I only earn half of what DH does buy still it's money and plenty of people make do with less than what I used to earn. But it's a bitter pill to swallow.
Hadlam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hadlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:25pm
If you are soooo sick you're going to complain all day don't come to work!!
If you feel you absolute must come in please don't stand coughing next to me all day and NOT put your hand over your mouth!!
dino1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 8:50am

Breastfeeding your baby and not using a dummy is not a form of child abuse it doesn't make me a bad mother infact most would say it makes me a good mother, I don't care if Carly Finn's baby uses a dummy I am not her and this is how we raise our child and it is my child not yours you are a grandmother it is not your choice. You should be more worried that your son lets his wife metally abuse your grandson.

Well that feels better

ScaredyKat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScaredyKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 7:25pm
Argh, what a crappy crappy crappy afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 2 year old decided not to have a nap today. Fine. But then don't be a grumpy tantrum throwing crying monster the rest of the day! Since he didn't sleep I let him watch Mickey Mouse for 20 min. MISTAKE. HUGE tantrum wanting MORE tv. I wanted to go shopping before his dentist appt at 3.15pm, but would he put some pants on? No. Would he do ANYTHING I ask - NO! Finally get him into the car, and FOOLISHLY think I can do the shopping in half an hour. I might have been able to do it, had it not been for the old couple taking FOREVER at the checkout. Who the hell pays by cheque these days??!!! Got to the dentist 15 min so appt gone, had to make another. Then late for my next appt at the Dr, while behind cars driving 25km an hour. WHYYYYY do you need to drive so slow?!!! Even if I have nowhere to be, you could drive NEAR the speed limit so the rest of us can get somewhere on time! Luckily Dr was running late. Get home and have to rush dinner as its already almost 5pm. I give in and let DS watch Jungle Junction for 20 min while I cook so I can do it in peace. Dinner cooked, tv goes off, and MASSIVE tantrum. Won't sit in his seat, won't do anything, just screams and cries. Eventually get him in to his seat and he barely eats. After dinner he cries because his toys are cooperating and it soooooooooo grinds on my nerves. Try to get him to bed early, but he procrastinates and plays up till I could scream

Oh and I have lost my sunglasses. Pregnancy/mummy brain can't remember for the life of me WHERE I have left them. Sooo angry
fairy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:10pm
If all you are going to do is complain then I really can't be bothered with any of you. Life doesn't revolve around you and friendship means listening to the other person, not just complaining about your life.
You: maybe there is a reason he's not proposing, just shut up about it to him and let him do it when he wants to and how he wants. Obviously complaining about it isn't helping. If you're worried about the cost of a wedding then stop travelling around NZ all the time spending loads of money and save it. By the end of the year you would have enough for a great wedding. You both earn plenty so stop complaining that you don't have enough money!!!!
You: You cut your daughters hair so short that it looks stupid and you say that you wanted it cut so short then don't get so upset when people tell you it look stupid. Stop complaining to me about every little thing that goes well. You know full well that I have a lot going on right now yet you always complain. Maybe thats why I'm avoiding you.
And you: Stop taking on everyones problems and stressing about it. People don't want to work with you cos you are being so annoying and helpless. Stop complaining when you don't do anything about it. You've dropped a day a week of work so shut up, deal with your own problems and stop stressing about everyone else who you can't help.

To everyone that reads this, I'm not really this mean, I'm just over them constantly complaining about every little thing when I have stuff going on and when I do meet up with them I can't even talk about anything as they are so busy complaining about everything.
Hadlam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hadlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:11pm
Hi Fairy1

TOTALLY TOTALLY understand the rant! Its amazing how a few of my friends manage to turn anything I say about myself into something about them and don't even listen to what I was initially talking about.

Take care :)
fairy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2012 at 8:35pm
Thanks Hadlam.
redtulip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redtulip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 9:22pm
I asked mum to let you know about our 1st m/c and to explain that we were ok and to please not feel helpless living half way around the world. But after that you stopped emailing or sending photos of your son/our nephew.   
Recently you've had your new baby and still no real communication... the couple of times I have phoned and spoken to you you're just strange, no other word for it! When I spoke to your DW straight after your DS2 was born all she could say was how he was an ugly baby?! Was that supposed to make me feel better about you guys having him??! Mindblowing! I was expecting a exciting, cheerful catch up and instead I get that real doozy!
Why can't the two of you just act like normal? You are in constant contact with mum and dad, it hurts that you can't even just copy us in when you email them news and photos... you skype them every other weekend so I hear all your news second hand...you're our family idiot!
We've already lost enough without you guys cutting us off.   

Whew! Such relief offloading that lot!
5 wee Angels - Always in our hearts - Aug '11, Feb '12, Aug '12, Feb '13, Aug '13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 120121122123>