FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBabes Fantastic Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
Author
SquishysMum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquishysMum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 9:04pm
Oh I loved this thread - your muesli bars are now a staple in our our pantry, my vinegar/water spray bottle follows me round the house (and is GREAT for keeping cut fruit from browning, in case no one realised, just a quick spray and voila!), and I was inspired to get back to basics in my cooking and make more from scratch. I actually copied all your tips into word docs so I could have access without being online.

Thanks for your help, Babe!
Sponsored Links

AandCsmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AandCsmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 9:49pm
Seriously....might have to give that a go SquishysMum.

Ditto on the muesli bars
Kel

A = 01.02.04   &   C = 16.01.09   &   G = 30.03.12
bun_in_the_oven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bun_in_the_oven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 9:58pm
So where are the tips gone ???

I looked on the first post and nothing there
lovingmummyhood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovingmummyhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2010 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Babe Babe wrote:

I'm surprised - I didn't realise so many people came back to this thread, I thought it had been forgotten specially since Admin wouldn't stiky it so it kept floating away. I've not bothered doing the blog coz its boring and seemingly a wasted effort when nobody shows interest or leaves comments or anything. I'll put the bread recipes on there though amme_eilyk.

OMG Babe - I your blog!!! Its on my favourites and I know my Nana has it on her favourites too
anon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 8:15am
I love that kind of thing - where is the link to the blog - was it in previous pages?

Could we somehow get that word document from you if we PM you our email address Squishys Mum??

Edited by newlywed
Lexidore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexidore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 8:36am
Originally posted by emz emz wrote:

Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

babe got her link wrong...
here tis

Hehe you realise this is probably breaching the rules too (quoting external sites blah blah blah)?

Sneaky Linky better get in before it disappears

Bizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Lexiesmumma Lexiesmumma wrote:

Originally posted by emz emz wrote:

Originally posted by Bizzy Bizzy wrote:

babe got her link wrong...
here tis

Hehe you realise this is probably breaching the rules too (quoting external sites blah blah blah)?

Sneaky Linky better get in before it disappears

no breaching of the rules...

You may link to other international websites when the information that you are pointing out is relevant to the topic,

Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 10:44am
Oh ok haha awesome I'll stick with it then thanks guys!
amme_eilyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amme_eilyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 11:20am
I only just found it but I love it.
anon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 11:37am
cool blog - I have shared it on my facebook page too
anon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 12:32pm
Babe - what are the standard ingredients you have in your pantry to make up your various concoctions?

P.S. I loved your meal planners - I'm so going to try it!

Edited by newlywed
sbeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2010 at 6:26pm
I just stumbled on this topic yesterday and was gutted that all your handy tips were gone...havent had a proper look at the blog yet but it is bookmarked for future reference!

I too have gone through and copied all the info off older posts to make my own little tip book...

keep the tips coming!!

princesspumpkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesspumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 8:27am
Hello! I'm following your blog now, babe (I'm a blogger to, always happy to find a great blog to read!!). Something's gone askew & I can't leave a comment, maybe you could have a squiz & see what's going on?

ETA - managed to comment on an older post, but the most recent ones don't have a comment box!

Edited by serendipity
Babe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 8:38am
I adjusted it but still doesn;t seem to be showing up will play around with it abt later.

Standard ingredients -
washing soda,
baking soda,
salt,
white vinegar,
sunlight soap,
borax

Thats it I think I buy in bulk so only need to buy every 6-9 months.
heaf3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heaf3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by newlywed newlywed wrote:

Could we somehow get that word document from you if we PM you our email address Squishys Mum??

agreed!! pretty please!

i loved this thread babe, and love your blog too but i never copied off the tips even though i was meaning to!!
littlestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2010 at 3:50pm
I loved this thread - cos it kept disappearing I copied all the bits I wanted a while back (now we just need to remember where we saved them!!).
Love the blog too!!

Nutella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 12:42pm
Waa, just came in to look for spray and wipe recipe lol.....and I referred my friend to this thread too hehe.

Oct 11
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 2:32pm
Babe I've only just found this and haven't read every page yet but I'm wondering whether the fabric shop in Levin is likely to have merino in stock now.  Do you know?  I'm keen to have a go at making pj's for my two. 
happymumma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happymumma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 3:01pm

Oh my goodness, I'm only up to page 6 and I feel as though I've died and gone to domestic goddess heaven!

Thanks Babe you are re-inspiring me!

Any good ideas for really doing a thorough clean of a (what I'm guessing is cheapy nylon) rug?  To get all the crap out of mine I have to get down on hands and knees with the vaccuum cleaner and scrub away - it works but takes forever.

myfullhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myfullhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 10:08pm
Have just seen this thread and love it! Must go to bed but have saved the blog as a favourite and will come back to it.
Thanks Babe!
Lindsey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>